Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

To be honest I think a couple of weeks would be fine for that. I'm gonna go about recording mine after next Thursday and get them all done soonish

And lets say something isn't right or you aren't happy with it. There's no rush, you still have time.

Just to clarify, even though we're not allowed to double track instruments there's nothing to stop anyone running a single take through more than one amp/fx chain and being a bit creative with the blending right?

Nah, that's fine. I was considering doing that as well. The only problem regarding multiple takes/overdubs is when you're doing it to cover up mistakes

so we are allowed to play essentially two guitar tracks (different tracks that is) and put them together? For example if I did the main track with riff and chorus etc but then did a secondary one which had different effects and different chords.

so we are allowed to play essentially two guitar tracks (different tracks that is) and put them together? For example if I did the main track with riff and chorus etc but then did a secondary one which had different effects and different chords.

If you want to layer multiple parts/effects (for example like Matthijs mentioned with the Hysteria bassline) at the same time then yes. Otherwise one live take would be preferable

If can't do it live then you're allowed to multi-track.

So if for example I wanted to do all instruments for a song, every instrument must be done individually but played in one take?

I may have second thoughts on doing vocals...

Nah, that's fine. I was considering doing that as well. The only problem regarding multiple takes/overdubs is when you're doing it to cover up mistakes

Cool, cheers. Ready for the first round then I think. Not entirely sure about the second round as embarrassingly I only know about 5 songs properly from start to finish, usually I'm just noodling about or writing stuff rather than learning covers.

Archived