the strat (and the holly to a lesser extent) look darker in the pic than they are

DSC_0745_zps7f30b829.jpg

and before anyone says it, all the odd looking angles of bridges and pickup routes etc are camera tricks - i just noticed it and everything looks out, but its not

theres only one coat of clear on - only did the burst today. my extractor fan keeps packing up so im not able to do as many coats per day as i normally would be. if it doesnt bugger itself up too much i should get all the clear coats done by the end of this week

i originally bought a strat neck from hooglebug but i screwed up the measurements... so i had a body built around it.

all I have to do is wire in the pickups

more excited about the other one though. hopefully the hardware colors won't clash too much

oh and hooglebug, what cases can you get for these? I know the case you got for the blue guitar ate away at the finish and you had to line it with that velvet material.

doesn't have to be a massive flight case like last time - any standard (but well built) case that is a good fit will do

in case james pulls the trigger, i thought i better get an outline of the desiree for a template. so instead of doing what i normally do, i thought id download illustrator and give that a go. i used the pen tool to go around the outline after i made it the right size, and then measured for where to put the bridge.

hmmm, looked a little low, so i brought in a pic of a classic and made it the right size (its a different scale length but i made a box half the scale length so i knew it was right) and it turns out i must have got the measurements wrong in photoshop because it looks tiny!

when the nuts are in the same place, the bottom of the desiree passes through the lowest knob of the classic.

arent the last two the same? i would say it des-ee-ray. but if you want to say it pump-kin-ator i dont care hehe

That's what I thought it was. pumpkinator would've been my second guess though

Also, I'm not familiar with how the finishes go on, but are they already at the stage of having the high gloss part on? can't help but think the strat would look pretty amazing with a satin finish, but I'm guessing it's too late for that

im trying to find curly mahogany for the body and neck of that one too. if i can find some it would be amazing

is figured mahogany hard to find then?

also, i just clicked a random page and saw the '58 burst again.

damn it. i don't know whether to go for that or a new build like the one i was considering a few pages back

is figured mahogany hard to find then?

also, i just clicked a random page and saw the '58 burst again.

damn it. i don't know whether to go for that or a new build like the one i was considering a few pages back

well over *both* here it is *both* but i dont know *both* about over there. i might *both* just have to email *both* a load of people to *both* see if they can get any.

i did find *both* one place but i dont *both* know if they ship here *both* and its quite expensive

well over *both* here it is *both* but i dont know *both* about over there. i might *both* just have to email *both* a load of people to *both* see if they can get any.

i did find *both* one place but i dont *both* know if they ship here *both* and its quite expensive

I see

What pickups do you have in this one? I think you said the BKP abraxas?

Really just going for that classic LP tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPd6fZaKAs

Archived