i queried what he meant by donald duck run over by a steamroller. this was his response.

Study the curves, nothing more than that. Study, think and learn.

You are a luthier, and I'm not. You can build guitars that are beautifully made and the play well (I guess). Something I may not ever be able to do. With some attention to the detail you can make beautiful design too.

His suggestions are a bit odd but does have some substance.

The headstock one I completely disagree with. It might be normal to see those thinner headstocks with a stratesque or modern kind of design but not here. I thought you did a great job drawing it up to accomodate the body and come up with something unique. His doesn't flow with the body at all.

I also disagree with his top horn idea. The fact that your body is assymetrical should rule that out although I can see his point of view. If it were symmetric on the bottom, I might suggest doing what he said. Also, the fact that it's bigger means it'll probably look better on the person anyway IMO. Then again, it'll just look like a LP.

The controls I'm undecided on, something about yours being spaced out so much doesn't sit well with me even though it does accompany the design.

Keep it as it is though, it's your design and I love the result of your designs and work anyway :D

That was my 2 cents.

new site up. the new design is there, along with a change to the desiree model. and theres been a bit of streamlining to the range

If you want criticism...

The main AF GUITARS title could do with a more stylish font. Most of your images look like you cut around them in photoshop with no feathering? The combination of (what looks like) Times New Roman and the pixellated edges on the photos and some graphics makes it all a bit jagged to look at. Also I want to wank over your guitars but none of the photos are big enough... ooops I just clicked on "downloads" - nice! Maybe just put a "wallpaper" link next to each model's gallery page?

stupid iphones and stupid apple! just suck it up and put flash on your phones you stupid fruit!!

i know all the sample pics look crap. its because all the lines are thin. iv tried making them bigger and smaller, and its still the same. i think im going to have to just make them open up in a new tab. and the gallerys are small yes. and stupid fruit phones dont have flash so im going to have to make them the crap gallerys.

also, its really hard to take a picture of this carve. it looks really sharp edged and its so not. its all smooth and curvy. and that line in the top that looks like a bit of wood has been torn out is. it will either be sanded out during sanding, or it can be filled as this is the gold top

18.jpg

19.jpg

it might be worth fucking about with the feathering in PS when cutting out the outlines, but I know you're a bit of a PS expert so...

Even the edges on the AF GUITARS title looks jagged, but that's a font rather than images... no idea what's going on there. I really should do a web design course or something to catch up

Is it me or are there phallus routes under the pickup routes?

how did i know it would be you who would say that!!! thats how p90s were routed back in the early days.

and yes, i have seen mykas stuff many moons ago. he thinks my tricaster shape is the best guitar shape ever, so ner ner

and these are not for anyone, im just getting the shape made because i like it. will try to sell them once done. or if anyone wants to buy them now and help pay for hardware and pickups, do it NOW!!!!

Archived