just a p90 iv had for years on the lapsteel - i think its a kent armstrong

on the other iv got a brown sugar

sounds like the lap steel will turn out pretty cool

and the other one is only going to have a bridge pickup right? i have a set of brown sugars in one of my guitars - they're pretty nice.

what type of bridge is that? six saddle?

hooglebug, i might be putting in an order soon (if you're willing to take on anymore work at this point), but what do you think about this? I know what comes standard, so basically...

-same shape as the esquire type above, but made of solid mahogany (no contours). routed for two humbuckers.

-maple neck and rosewood fretboard (i'll have to decide on the exact specs)

-standard pickguard shape that you have for this, but it would be cut for a humbucker. the bridge would be a standard six saddle tele bridge, but that would be cut for a humbucker as well (same as on that tele i have)

now as for the pickups, would it be cool if i sent a pair of them in? those manson/BKPs aren't really going to get a home for a while, so i might as well.

oh, and i haven't got the slightest idea what finish would be best...because this would be a flat top, is there any way to put a flame maple laminate on the top, and put a burst finish on like a les paul has for example?

otherwise, maybe just a solid finish.

all those things are possible. why wouldnt you be able to put a figured top on a flat top? what do you think carved maple tops are on top of? silly person hehe

haha i guess you're right (though i don't want an arch top, just a figured maple top so a burst type finish would work well). would it need any binding?

I'd go for this sort of finish and top I suppose - obviously this one has worn and shows some fading, but you get the idea.

http://mansons.co.uk/shopping/images/items/2850/2850_3_large.jpg

that is actually quilt maple it seems.

that just looks like random figuring rather than a flame or a quilt.

so kinda like the first sakura i did - with the fairy on - only not as in your face hehe

and it wouldnt have to have binding on if you didnt want. just a tiny tele style roundover or a bigger strat like one

that just looks like random figuring rather than a flame or a quilt.

so kinda like the first sakura i did - with the fairy on - only not as in your face hehe

and it wouldnt have to have binding on if you didnt want. just a tiny tele style roundover or a bigger strat like one

hmm ok then - i'll have to imagine how it would look really. i'm thinking without binding would look a little better with that type of finish.

and yeah, i couldn't quite figure out what type of figuring that was - i do like the look of it though.

but yes - i'll send you a PM sometime soon (when i end up taking a break from playing the other one haha - i really can't put it down!)

talk to the person who made a piano out of you a few hundred years ago

I'm trying to but without my tusks everything just comes out like a mumbled muuuuurrraaaaaeeeepppppphhhhhhhhhphf

(I know you're using old ivory, I was only joking! :) )

just a quick question about the AF I have

bending the strings in the upper frets is a little more difficult than it is in the lower frets (well anywhere below the 12th really). not necessarily because i'm a wimp, but seeing as the tailpiece and bridge are pretty much lowered all the way, would there be an effect if i adjusted the tailpiece? the strings are already clearing the back of the bridge a good amount, but i don't know if it would make a difference or not. i do like these heavier strings for their sound though.

will give that a try - i do recall that raising the tailpiece on my LP made the strings feel a bit more stiff...weird

but i've got the standard gauge 11's which i can try, though it'll probably require some minor adjustments.

how are those two projects going?

Archived