• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hooglebug, do you know if it's possible to wire this guitar so i have the phase switch for the middle position, but also a coil split for the neck humbucker?

would be nice to get some single coil neck tones, but i think i'd prefer the phase switch if i can only have one

did paypal ever sort that problem out? it's still showing up as an open case for me :facepalm:

i got an email from them saying it had been sorted, but it still says open on my paypal page. the money is gone from my paypal account anyway.

it should be possible to do that. i'll have a look and see what i can do.

you could always go for a four way switch, should be able to do it that way somehow

4E435FC5-2FB5-4A00-9B1E-2419B9EB437A-2231-000001D463865CFB-1_zps02b296c5.jpg

Think that should work using a 5-way Tele Super switch. The GND marking on pole 3 should read Hot. Just wire the other end of the Humbucker coils to gnd.

Gives you 5 positions:

1.Single Coil

2.Single Coil and outer humbucker coil in phase

3. Single Coil out of phase and outer humbucker coil (Or you can wire the full humbucker to positions two & three)

4. Outer Humbucker coil

5. Both humbucker coils

I just knocked that up super quick, but it should work quite nicely I think, unless I'm very wrong in my understanding of how the switch works. I like my Humbuckers wired in parallel when using coil splits as it produces more of a tone change than an increase in volume. You do get more volume with both coils, but I feel it's less pronounced.

It depends on the polarity, one coil will be rwrp, you want to use that in conjunction with a standard polarity single coil, as it will give a hum cancelling effect. I use the outer as its usually the most different to the neck pickup.

Edited by Jaicen

I didn't even know they had a diploma in acoustics. What can you use that for?

I've posted more in the last 30 minutes than I have in months. I'm on hour 15 of rebuilding the shop here. We tore down all of the old benches, and are completely redoing it. 1,600 square feet of shop space. 3:40am right now. About to call it a night. Maybe. Or make coffee.

I didn't even know they had a diploma in acoustics. What can you use that for?

I've posted more in the last 30 minutes than I have in months. I'm on hour 15 of rebuilding the shop here. We tore down all of the old benches, and are completely redoing it. 1,600 square feet of shop space. 3:40am right now. About to call it a night. Maybe. Or make coffee.

Make coffee and keep going!

Haha, no seriously, get some rest and do it right in the morning. Well, later in the morning ;)

Personally, i'd rather build guitars than do anything in all the world, I just don't think I could rely on it to feed my family and put a roof over our head.

I'm doing the diploma so I can work in the field of acoustics, you pretty much need it to get membership of the Institute of Acoustics. You need membership to have a hope in hell's chance of getting a proper job in Acoustics. I'm going to look at finishing the second year and getting my Masters if I can afford it, but it's all up in the air at the minute.