Matt learning guitar

lemu96

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread because I haven't found any interview of thread about this:

I would like to know how Matt learned the guitar. Cause I only know he begun at the age of 13, but I don't know if he took lessons or something.

So, does anyone know ? :p

Matt only had spanish guitar lessons. Before he met Dom he could already play guitar. Dom saw him and asked Matt to come in his band. Dom then discovered that Matt couldn't play any power chords so he thaught Matt how to play them.

That's the only thing I know about it. I never heard Dom say he'd thaught Matt to play the electric guitar though.

Matt only had spanish guitar lessons. Before he met Dom he could already play guitar. Dom saw him and asked Matt to come in his band. Dom then discovered that Matt couldn't play any power chords so he thaught Matt how to play them.

That's the only thing I know about it. I never heard Dom say he'd thaught Matt to play the electric guitar though.

Taught.

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread because I haven't found any interview of thread about this:

I would like to know how Matt learned the guitar. Cause I only know he begun at the age of 13, but I don't know if he took lessons or something.

So, does anyone know ? :p

3:37

And sorry for the wrong answer I gave earlier :)

It's a spam bot.

You have probably had a few conversations with them judging by your reaction ;)

I'm sorry, I usually only spend time on forums that have better security against spammers. :)

/rightbackatya

Interview with Rock&Pop Radio, Argentina, 3/29/2011

T: You're twittering him to…

D: I'm just teaching how to use basic technology.

T: You also have to like, tune his guitar or anything like that?

M: Actually, it's true that Dom actually did teach me to play guitar. When I was—

T: <laughs>

M: Oh no, it's true. That's not a joke at all. When I was 12–13, I was playing piano, and I wanted to be in his band but I couldn't play guitar, and Dom, Dom taught me my first chords.

D: Sounds like a joke, but it's not a joke. 'cause I think…

M: I should've taught you the drums as well.

D: I did listen.

• 1 month later...

*Revive* But, This is sort of relevant, The assistant head at my school, Mr Clarke. Taught Matt and Dom Geography, and was sat in an assembly where the GCSE music students performed, and that Matt could barely play guitar! I lol'd. Then I found out Mr Clarke told Muse to give up on music as they'd never make it. :L LOL Looks like he isn't the clever being eh?

Archived