Muse and Mixed Martial Arts

musefanforever

So I was watching an old school MMA fight between Vitor Belfort and Kazuo Takahasi at PRIDE FC, when I thought I noticed a familiar logo. I initially dismissed the thought as it was late and I was probably seeing things, but as referee rushed in to end the rather lopsided fight, I was indeed surprised by a rather large Muse logo printed on the back of the referee's shirt!

I narrowed it down to either, the ref was a massive Muse fan (Muse is pretty popular in Japan, supposedly ;)), OR Muse themselves sponsored a mixed martial arts fight and thus are massive fans of mixed martial arts :LOL:

1.thumb.jpg.e454d7fe9eb99610f82584e6f8fd8ee6.jpg

Looks suspiciously like a P-shop fail (where the lower line of the logo intersects with the rope). And it's a bad one, too, 'cause I'm NEVER the first one to spot these things.

If I turn out to be wrong, my sincere apologies. But I don't think I am... Can you provide a link to a video clip?

Incidentally, the sponsorship would be hilarious, given that the average 16-year-old Japanese schoolgirl could totally kick Matt's ass. :LOL:

Looks suspiciously like a P-shop fail (where the lower line of the logo intersects with the rope). And it's a bad one, too, 'cause I'm NEVER the first one to spot these things.

If I turn out to be wrong, my sincere apologies. But I don't think I am... Can you provide a link to a video clip?

Incidentally, the sponsorship would be hilarious, given that the average 16-year-old Japanese schoolgirl could totally kick Matt's ass. :LOL:

Here we go

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xltwj_pride-vitor-belfort-vs-takahashi-20_sport

There's a pretty good view of the whole logo/ad at around 2:32, + the Muse logos are also on the sleeves of the shirt :LOL:

Here we go

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xltwj_pride-vitor-belfort-vs-takahashi-20_sport

There's a pretty good view of the whole logo/ad at around 2:32, + the Muse logos are also on the sleeves of the shirt :LOL:

Thx! I actually went looking for a clip but gave up pretty quickly when my first attempts failed. It's odd that the OP didn't bother to post a link to the video.

Another oddity: this whole fight was over in 37 seconds! I don't know if any of Mike Tyson's KOs were over in that little time... to fans of this sport, how typical is this fight?

I can see red letters around the logo on his back, what do they mean? My Japanese is not good, can't make them all out. They are about the new album, I wonder when this video was taken, I mean, the new album: The Resistance was released more than 1 year ago.

EDIT: the game is from 2006, so it must be for Black Holes and Revelations.

Bit of a delayed reply but no, I did not photoshop it. Let the video clip do all the talking! I couldn't believe it myself when I first saw it because I'm a massive Muse and MMA fan.. and never would've thought the two would come together but when they did in this instance, it was sheer bliss. (no pun intended) :D

Archived