Hooking up guitar and keyboard to same board

volta

Get an A/b/y switcher like this from whirlwind. When you use y cables like the one previously mentioned there's issues with impedance and volume drop.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Whirlwind-Selector-A-B-Box-100136044-i1173526.gc

Yes, there are other options...search google for a/b/y box or a/b box or whatever if you want to research more/less expensive ones

You could just stick one of those headphone jack splitters into a pedal and plug both instruments into that. You'd have to turn the guitar volume knob down when you switch to keys 'else it'll be noisy.

So if i do this with the pedal board, would I put the jack splitter into the input of one of the pedals and then just have the pedals connected as they normally would besides that?

Get an A/b/y switcher like this from whirlwind. When you use y cables like the one previously mentioned there's issues with impedance and volume drop.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Whirlwind-Selector-A-B-Box-100136044-i1173526.gc

Yes, there are other options...search google for a/b/y box or a/b box or whatever if you want to research more/less expensive ones

What about with the a/b/y switcher, where would that be plugged in on the pedal board, and what will be plugged into the switcher?

What about with the a/b/y switcher, where would that be plugged in on the pedal board, and what will be plugged into the switcher?

Does it not bother you that you have to be spoon fed every single answer to each question you have?...

The switcher goes at the start of your pedal board and you plug your two instruments into it and use the A/B switch to swap between them...

This is my one major girpe about this place.. how people find if far too easy to simply ask a question about something, even if it is as simple as something like this, and just leave it for someone else to work out rather than proactively looking into it and working it out for themselves. Though I guess you get this everywhere else where there is something fractionally technical involved, anyway.

OHAI GAIS

I have a squier and a fuzz factory, but it won't fit in the compartment at the back. I tried to get it in but now those springy things have come out and my whammy's gone all slack. WHAT DO I DOOOO

sampudd thankyou for your rant. When I was younger, before the internet, I couldn't be arsed to go to the library and read all about music and electronics. That didn't stop me from repairing cabs and cables, guitars, amps etc. I set up my own 5.1 system in my room when I was 15 with my 200W bass rig as the sub.

I really don't want to come accross as arrogant, but you won't learn if you don't try. It's not fucking hard. Try X, if it doesn't work, try Y, if it doesn't work try Z, if it doesn't work, try KnT.

It's not arrogance at all, its simply common sense that if you are faced with an issue, then at least try a few approaches yourself before consulting a forum, and even before you consult a forum you should still have spent at least 5 minutes googling your question to find an answer.

I really don't want to come accross as arrogant, but you won't learn if you don't try. It's not fucking hard. Try X, if it doesn't work, try Y, if it doesn't work try Z, if it doesn't work, try KnT.

omfg do not be such a KuNT! :mad:

:awesome:

Seriously though, tom speaks the trufax when he says, just plug it in and have a go. That's how I learnt a lot about peddle order. Him and Philllll with 5 l's said i should just play around with my whammy till it all feels right. Coincidentally, they said that unless i've an FX loop, putting my whammy at the start should sound and feel the best. Now I play with my whammy at the start till it sounds good, then add dirty stuff after.

Tom speakith the truth. Listen to his fax.

Archived