Proposition for New Born

mc269107

What does it matter? The song is being played, that should be enough I would imagine. Quit worrying about where Matt waves his hands and what not. Maybe Matt just doesn't want to be bothered, and it's probably way easier to just have Morgan start it and continue it from there. During most of the American shows, if it's played, he's on top of the pillar and it descends. That's an obvious reason why he won't play it.

And what about all the festivals and stadium gigs? No fucking towers to blame his laziness on, so what's his excuse?

And what about all the festivals and stadium gigs? No fucking towers to blame his laziness on, so what's his excuse?

Like I said, he probably doesn't want to be bothered. You can call that being lazy, it's his choice and I'm not going to spend my nights weeping over the lost keys Matt doesn't play now during the intro of this song. Beyond that, I don't have an explanation. He doesn't play it because he doesn't want too. Oh well.

Like I said, he probably doesn't want to be bothered. You can call that being lazy, it's his choice and I'm not going to spend my nights weeping over the lost keys Matt doesn't play now during the intro of this song. Beyond that, I don't have an explanation. He doesn't play it because he doesn't want too. Oh well.

Like I said; it was a big part of the buildup. Morgan is there to do synth work, not play the piano because Matt can't be bothered. A lot of things have been going on autopilot this whole tour, and to see a classic song such as New Born getting less and less exciting is just brutal.

Get rid of it, play Unnatural Selection instead.

Like I said; it was a big part of the buildup. Morgan is there to do synth work, not play the piano because Matt can't be bothered. A lot of things have been going on autopilot this whole tour, and to see a classic song such as New Born getting less and less exciting is just brutal.

Get rid of it, play Unnatural Selection instead.

It probably will be played less, if not completely taken out by the next tour and replaced with US or maybe a new song. It's been exhausted live and probably deserves a break anyways. Same with Plug In Baby and probably Hysteria.

Meh. If they started using backing tracks for the piano part I'd be all WTF also but that's not the case. I quite like what Morgan brings to the shows, might as well let him contribute where he can. Now if Morgan also started playing the piano section of B&H, that would detract from the show seeing as how cool that part is. On the other hand it's not like the New Born piano part sounds any better when Matt plays it, or does it?

This.

If New Born is moved to after Feeling Good, then Matt can play the intro. And because Muse is Matthew Bellamy, Chris Wolstenholme, and Dominic Howard--yes, it does sound better when Matt plays it. Even the little quirks he adds to it, like the little begining thing before he starts the song and he changes up the intro a little bit when its played live...it all adds to the experience.

Morgan is practically invisible on the stage so a lot of people that are not die hard Muse fans probably assume that they are using a backing track. Remember that one review that claimed "how could the best live band in the world use backing tracks", obviously this is coming from someone that didn't do their homework, but the piano should be played by Matt. Its just better

That's pretty awesome, my dad got me into them. Personally, I prefer the Peter Gabriel era, especially Selling England by the Pound and Foxtrot.

The Peter Gabriel era is awesome, as are the first 3 albums with Phil Collins on vocals. Many fans aren't keen on And Then There Were Three but I love it. With Duke they started to go downhill, although they still had a few classics left in them.

I think that for the next tour muse could learn from a lot of mistakes! As aforementioned (by others) they should move New Born after Feeling Good (if it's played next time), if not, after any piano song on the next tour, probs United States of Eurasia. New Born should then close the piano part as the last bit of the piano section, Simples!

Matt said the next album will be more stripped down, meaning probably not something as gigantic as the pillars. they should keep the piano onstage throughout the whole concert, so they can have a piano section, but maybe mix the rest of the set around. For example, the end of Citizen Erased could open the piano section, leading into USoE and whatnot, and then closing with the intro of New Born, where the piano can go to back of the stage. This could leave room for:

Longer Sets

Mixture

Rarities Being Played

Morgan can still just play the piano in Map and Stockholm, and help out when needed.

this solves as a great solution for muse and for their fans!

Of course, it is Muse, and we have to take into consideration that matt might make an excuse not to play some stuff.

'Nuff Said!

It can also leave room for:

Pigs flying

Hell freezing over

The end of the world

Finding an antidote against death

And it could also leave room for:

The sea turning into honey

Gravity going upside down

Matt having a fashion sense

Time going backwards

Matt finding his Muscle Museum pedal and suddenly hating Asian fans

Every McDonalds in the world blowing up

Yes, it's still played, but what point does it serve when Matt's just pissing about with his hands in the air doing the patented Starlight/Guiding Light-clap?

lol one minute its "who cares what it looks like, lets just hear the music" and the next this?

must...criticise...muse...:p

lol one minute its "who cares what it looks like, lets just hear the music" and the next this?

You don't get it, obviously.

It's the little things that ruin it. Matt has no business clapping along to the intro, he should be fucking playing it.

You are absolutely right. They don't even need to play anything, let's just have them on stage and let someone else take care of the playing.

No wait, we don't need them on the stage at all, just have a record playing and fancy lights to look at.

You are absolutely right. They don't even need to play anything, let's just have them on stage and let someone else take care of the playing.

No wait, we don't need them on the stage at all, just have a record playing and fancy lights to look at.

No, we don't even need fancy lights! Just sell out a stadium, and let them listen to the music.

Hang on- we don't even need the real Muse to record it! Get some people to record a cover (GSK and co probably) and play that.

Job done.

No, we don't even need fancy lights! Just sell out a stadium, and let them listen to the music.

Hang on- we don't even need the real Muse to record it! Get some people to record a cover (GSK and co probably) and play that.

Job done.

You can forget the stadium. A small field will do.

You can forget the stadium. A small field will do.

But...the outside has bugs and shit, and it can rain.

We should have it inside. We can just play their music there.

But people are annoying and creepy, so I'll just listen to them at home on my stereo instead.

Archived