Lolla Chile lineup is pretty sweet. It's got The Killers, Kanye, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Flaming Lips, Empire of the Sun.... but also ones I don't want like Jane's Addiction, 30STM, etc. Let's hope we get some good crossovers yeah? Thinking this really puts Kanye as a lock.

ok. someone asked if you could wait until the lineup is released to buy tickets: yeah that's totally fine. if lolla sells out, which it won't because it's massive, it won't until July. so you could wait.

and you'll know who plays on what day by June. so... yeah. ;) it'll work out for those who want to wait for specifics.

Yeah, I was only going to buy a one-day ticket. Hope this doesn't turn into an issue...

Kelly...nooo, you cant come???? :supersad: I really wish you could, I want to meet you.

White Lies :dance: I want to see them so bad. I cant even imagine seeing White Lies and Muse on the same day. *dies*

Jared Leto is hot, ass or not :LOL:

Matt is hotter. :eyebrows:

I don't understand the one-days...if they announce the schedule in the summer how the hell are you supposed to plan for a one day?!

And agreed ;)

The day by day comes out when the initial line-up comes out. We just don't know times and stages until the summer. ACL's came out pretty early last year though, so maybe C3 is getting on their game or something

as for the Lolla Chile line-up, I like it. Not in love with it and theres a few acts that shouldn't be anywhere near Chicago, but theres some really awesome names in there. Kanye, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Fatboy Slim, Armin Van Buuren, Flaming Lips, the National, Empire of the Sun, and Boys Noize would all be nice among others (Though I think the National and Empire played last year)

I know this is a little off topic but has anybody heard anything about Florence and the Machine? I've missed her in New York TWICE (grrrr) and I really want to see her before she releases her next album. I know she may be working on it during this time, but does anybody know anything?

I think theres a pretty decent chance they play Lolla. They didn't play last year (I dont think) and I think they'd be a really good fit. The type of act C3 would book.

Yay :D Thanks!

Well if they do play, I really hope that they don't play on a smaller stage the same day Muse is playing. That would be the biggest slap in the face.

Haha, you and me both. I'd love to see Flo again too, but I'm horrified in general at what smaller stage acts would be playing on Muse day. But since Muse takes priority over all, I'm hoping my favorites are spread out over each of the days.

Lolla Chile lineup is pretty sweet. It's got The Killers, Kanye, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Flaming Lips, Empire of the Sun.... but also ones I don't want like Jane's Addiction, 30STM, etc. Let's hope we get some good crossovers yeah? Thinking this really puts Kanye as a lock.

I freakin' love the Chile line-up. It's not jaw-dropping awesome like having Muse/Cure, etc. headlining, but Fischerspooner, YYYs, Deftones, Armin, Ghostland, Cold War Kids, Fatboy, James, Cat Power are all total win.

And re: Flo at Bonnaroo - I would say it's a lock. She'll be in the country supporting U2 from June 22 - July 2. Bonnaroo's just a week or so before that; she could easily fill the gap by playing some headline gigs on the east coast or something.

If 30STM fans ruin Muse fans' chance for barrier....:mad: Oh my god I can't even think.

THIS. I will hurt people.

If we could get an announcer to say "And next up 30 seconds to mars, sponsored by Bose Noise Canceling headphones", then that would be the best thing ever

You, my friend, are brilliant. And it would be the best thing ever.

Okay, so what is the radius clause?

Most festival promoters have their headliners and subheadliners sign exclusivity contracts, which prevent the artists from performing in the local vicinity of the festival for a few months before and after the festival. I know Coachella does it quite a bit, so most artists playing it cannot play So Cal. It happened with Muse in April. They only played Nor Cal, but Coachella was their only gig in So Cal until the next summer.

Most festival promoters have their headliners and subheadliners sign exclusivity contracts, which prevent the artists from performing in the local vicinity of the festival for a few months before and after the festival. I know Coachella does it quite a bit, so most artists playing it cannot play So Cal. It happened with Muse in April. They only played Nor Cal, but Coachella was their only gig in So Cal until the next summer.

Lolla's is probably the worse. There was a big deal about it last year because because they said it was seriously hurting Chicago's industry.

You can play anywhere within 300 miles (that means it includes Milwaukee, Detroit, etc) for 6 months before and 3 months after, which is really stupid. I seriously doubt a band playing a club show in Detroit in May is going to negatively affect the fest

Archived