guitar strings

Musemaniac#2

Probably how he gets that crunchy low end...I stay with even thinner ones though...and I recommend that if you don't want to risk damaging your guitar with heavier guages for Citizen Erased, that you use a thinner low E and downtune to A, then palm mute that note...works for me, and I'm using a 42.

no, you just have the guitar setup for it, think it just involves readjusting the truss rod. 13's are common on acoustics in standard, just electrics are setup for 9/10's from the factory generally, though guitars such as the fender jaguar were apparently originally designed to use 12/13's.

But a lot of people don't bother when they put 13's on. People on other forums tend to not bother then come running when their neck is screwed. Tele's are setup for 11's from the factory, no?

ok then who can suggest a d'addario set that would be suitable for this muse style playing?

there is a set of d'addario that go .10.13.17.26.36 then a .42 i think.

i use them and jus swap the .42 for a .60 from a pack of GHS boomers, which also hav .10.13.17 and a .36, so, spares:LOL:

no, you just have the guitar setup for it, think it just involves readjusting the truss rod. 13's are common on acoustics in standard, just electrics are setup for 9/10's from the factory generally, though guitars such as the fender jaguar were apparently originally designed to use 12/13's.

personally fancy giving these a try http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogue/ViewProduct.aspx?productId=986 quite like 11's, but finding the bottom strings aren't thick enough

b33f!!

what do you have on your tele right now? I hope you're not still using the originals!

the heaviest strings i'm using at the moment are EB 11's on my RG. i'm definitely going to put something heavier on...i might try those actually.

• 2 years later...

I know that this is an old thread now, but i just want to share what I use:

Ernie Ball regular 7-string strings but replace the 6th with the 7th so it goes 10,13,17,26,36,56. Now I know 56 isn't 60 but its close enough for me and it saves buying two sets or individual strings and it's cheaper.

The only thing is I don't know what to do with stack of 46's I have.

Edit: Now I'm thinking about this again, I've just realised D'Addario's regular-light 7-string strings are 10,13,17,26,36,46,59 so thats even closer if you don't mind that they're not Ernie Ball's, this also answers Musemaniac#2's question.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I rather do it than open a new one on the same subject.

Yogi B, did you have to adjust anything to use the 056 heavier string? I'm thinking of trying the same, as I have a regular 10-46 set (on a 24 3/4 inch scale LP) and find the low E to be very floppy (spl?) when downtuned to drop-D.

I had a spare 056 around and was thinking to try it. I'm keeping the regular other 5 strings.

Thanks.

Archived