guitar strings

Musemaniac#2

Yeah, I used to have that gauge on my guitar at one point.

a word of advice to whoever plans on doing this...you'll need some serious adjustments if you're going to put heavy strings like that on your guitar..I did that with my yamaha without adjusting it, and it handled it well enough for a while, but it ended up damaging the neck (it had a bow of some kind that I couldn't fix).

yep I think thats right,

though on the citizen erased tabs it says use heavier gauges (>0.56)

yeah, that's correct. Not sure what the others are though.

i don't think he uses Ernie's Balls (at least not any more) cos, you know on the back of the packets, it has a list of all the bands that use em....well muse ain't on there :)

and they don't make 60's so it will probably be some stupidly priced crystal embedded brand which have various coats of anti-conspiracy paint on them :(

i don't think he uses Ernie's Balls (at least not any more) cos, you know on the back of the packets, it has a list of all the bands that use em....well muse ain't on there :)

(

Well Im not sure on this but its not lik Matt Bellamy endorses anything other than Manson, lik the Korg Kaoss Pad he's not on their lists and um dont think he's on the zvex lists either if they have a list

I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top - Heavy Bottom strings. They're .10 to .52 I think. But like Red says, don't fuck around with 13's or something, unless you're downtuning.

no, you just have the guitar setup for it, think it just involves readjusting the truss rod. 13's are common on acoustics in standard, just electrics are setup for 9/10's from the factory generally, though guitars such as the fender jaguar were apparently originally designed to use 12/13's.

personally fancy giving these a try http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogue/ViewProduct.aspx?productId=986 quite like 11's, but finding the bottom strings aren't thick enough

Well Im not sure on this but its not lik Matt Bellamy endorses anything other than Manson, lik the Korg Kaoss Pad he's not on their lists and um dont think he's on the zvex lists either if they have a list

He's on the Line 6 site for all the pro equipment.

Archived