Golden brown

Mhopwooduk

Hello all,

Me and my better half remember muse doing a cover of golden brown (originally by The stranglers) at Glastonbury.

Does anyone else remember this and can anyone point me in the direction of a clip?

We recently saw muse live which sparked a few memories, causing is to try and find this song, but we cannot find it anywhere.

Can anyone help?

The better half now thinks she may be thinking of the stranglers performance in 10. This world explain why we cannot find it.

But for some reason I remember muse covering this song... Maybe in a dream... But it seams so real.

Thank you for your replies 

31 minutes ago, Mhopwooduk said:

The better half now thinks she may be thinking of the stranglers performance in 10. This world explain why we cannot find it.

But for some reason I remember muse covering this song... Maybe in a dream... But it seams so real.

Thank you for your replies 

Especially back then the fan community was pretty good at registering and analyzing every second of Muse's musical output so it seems unlikely this would have gone unnoticed, unless it happened in 90s obscurity before they were famous (and even then the bootlegs of that period were numerous). Would have been great though! 

I'm getting to the bottom of this! 

Is it possible that you saw Cage the Elephant play their cover of Golden Brown in 2011? 

I don't think they played that song any time before 2017 though.... It's a good version, check it out!

It's quite surprising how few bands have covered this song. I suppose because it's about heroin.