Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Are you going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

It's actually pretty nice out today, isn't it (for those of you who live in Brisbane) :happy:

Good thanks, how's you? :happy:

I've got a huge load of shit study to do still, can't wait until this time next week, I'll be on hols :awesome:

It is a nice day, especially given it's so wet south of the border :D

I'm enjoying a quiet day, before going and having a bit of a good time at an 18th tonight :D

Yeah it's an amazing day outside...actually wish I was outside, instead of in my room with a pile of shit assignments and study.

Apart from the lack of motivation to start my assignment I'm alright :D. And oh how I envy you and your almost being on hols - I've still got another 3 weeks :(

I actually went outside to read for a bit, but I'm as pale as a ghost and I didn't want to get burned...the sun is so warm! :D

:LOL: if we were at the end of the year, Muse would be my motivation for everything :chuckle:

Sorry :( Are all your exams spaced out? Wait, I go to QUT, we might have started a week before you (are you at Griffith? I read something about people going there earlier on in the thread...) and I have all my exams in the same week, so I don't have 2 weeks of exams. Kinda good but kinda bad :indiff:

It is a nice day, especially given it's so wet south of the border :D

I'm enjoying a quiet day, before going and having a bit of a good time at an 18th tonight :D

Yeah, I'm glad that isn't coming north any time soon...but I feel so sorry for those people :(

My social life has just about died during SWOTVAC :rolleyes:

I actually went outside to read for a bit, but I'm as pale as a ghost and I didn't want to get burned...the sun is so warm! :D

:LOL: if we were at the end of the year, Muse would be my motivation for everything :chuckle:

Sorry :( Are all your exams spaced out? Wait, I go to QUT, we might have started a week before you (are you at Griffith? I read something about people going there earlier on in the thread...) and I have all my exams in the same week, so I don't have 2 weeks of exams. Kinda good but kinda bad :indiff:

Yeah I burn easy too - I hate being so pale.

Yeah I'm at Griffith so we're a week behind both UQ and QUT which sucks, but my exams are all in last week of the block so I have to wait till the final two days of exams to sit mine - I sometimes think Griffith hates me with the timetabling they give me for things. While having an extra week to study and prepare would be a good thing, I will probably lose my motivation and end up spending every day on here :chuckle:

Yeah I burn easy too - I hate being so pale.

Yeah I'm at Griffith so we're a week behind both UQ and QUT which sucks, but my exams are all in last week of the block so I have to wait till the final two days of exams to sit mine - I sometimes think Griffith hates me with the timetabling they give me for things. While having an extra week to study and prepare would be a good thing, I will probably lose my motivation and end up spending every day on here :chuckle:

I wish I could get just a little tanned...so I don't look like I've been shut up in the house the whole time :(

Oh :( Jeez that's not very fair :mad: Yeah, having extra time can lead to such wonderful thoughts as "i'll just do that later, I have a whole extra week..." and coming on the board :LOL:

<3 the board though when Doris is in a good mood :happy:

I wish I could get just a little tanned...so I don't look like I've been shut up in the house the whole time :(

Oh :( Jeez that's not very fair :mad: Yeah, having extra time can lead to such wonderful thoughts as "i'll just do that later, I have a whole extra week..." and coming on the board :LOL:

<3 the board though when Doris is in a good mood :happy:

Yes, being a little brown would be nice - natural not out of a can, I've given up on the fake stuff it makes me look weird :stunned:

:eek: you're in my head...because that's what my thought pattern has been like for the assignments that are due this coming Friday - so no doubt the thoughts will be like that again come my study 'weeks' :chuckle:

Yes, being a little brown would be nice - natural not out of a can, I've given up on the fake stuff it makes me look weird :stunned:

:eek: you're in my head...because that's what my thought pattern has been like for the assignments that are due this coming Friday - so no doubt the thoughts will be like that again come my study 'weeks' :chuckle:

I have never tried fake tan before, you hear all sorts of things that go wrong...I'd probs only ever get it if it was a really special occassion. looking back on my formal photos, maybe I should have had a little something...I was a damn ghost :facepalm:

I now have that ad that used to go "tanning is skin cells in trauma" stuck in my head...oh god, I used to hate the ones for smoking and skin cancer because there would be medical stuff involved and it would be icky! :$

:LOL: I think every student has had those thoughts at one time or another...I'm worried because I think I've procrastinated a little too much, and it's only my first semester! I'm making bad habits for myself :p

what are you studying? :happy:

:LOL: I think every student has had those thoughts at one time or another...I'm worried because I think I've procrastinated a little too much, and it's only my first semester! I'm making bad habits for myself :p

what are you studying? :happy:

Oh yes, procrastination is a student's best worst friend...trust me, procrastination doesn't go away - I'm in my final year and you would have think I'd learn by now but nope I still leave everything till the last minute :rolleyes:

I'm studying Politics & Government/Human Resource Management. And yourself?

Oh and just to keep this partially on topic since it's the Brissy thread - how exciting is it that Muse are coming to Brissy and I'm fairly sure we've all managed to secure tickets to the show on the 5th of December :chuckle: it's going to be an awesome board meet up I'm sure of it

Oh yes, procrastination is a student's best worst friend...trust me, procrastination doesn't go away - I'm in my final year and you would have think I'd learn by now but nope I still leave everything till the last minute :rolleyes:

I'm studying Politics & Government/Human Resource Management. And yourself?

Oh and just to keep this partially on topic since it's the Brissy thread - how exciting is it that Muse are coming to Brissy and I'm fairly sure we've all managed to secure tickets to the show on the 5th of December :chuckle: it's going to be an awesome board meet up I'm sure of it

:LOL: wow final year! :eek: But yeah, I have a feeling that it will become the best worst thing to happen to me at uni...I want to do really well this semester, but there are so many other things to be distracted by do :shifty:

Sweet! I'm doing Law/Business (Human Resource Management). woah same major! :awesome: What's it like, because I changed to that major from Economics...first year, I know, I shouldn't be judging but I realised after doing a whole unit on Economics that this career wasn't for me...

Oh God this is turning into Banter :facepalm: I talk way too much...

Yes, I am muchly relieved that I managed to get tix, as you probs are. I missed out 3 years ago because i'd only been into them for a few months, my friend and i were only 16, and our parents really didn't want to let us go. plus the venue was ages away. now it's much closer! :D

I hope I got good seats, on the map they look fine. Six months will be the most painful wait everrrrrr :LOL:

This is so very true. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow with my assignment

And I need to study for ANOTHER exam. I have it on Monday, then another on Wednesday, and then a whole week until my last one. Bleh. When is your assignment due?

And I need to study for ANOTHER exam. I have it on Monday, then another on Wednesday, and then a whole week until my last one. Bleh. When is your assignment due?

Oh ouch. I hate assignment/exam season. My assignment is due on Friday but there's an essay, a diary and a project that goes with our work experience due as part of the assignment. So pretty much 3 assignments due the same day for the same class ick. And then I can get started on exam preparation

Haha, I feel EXACTLY the same way!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic...

Is anyone else planning to wear bright-coloured skinnies to the gig at this point? :D I'm hoping I can squeeze into going to buy some bright blue ones to match my Muse shirt :happy:

I haven't even decided what I'm going to wear tomorrow, let alone to the Muse gig :chuckle:. But might wear my red shorts...or something else :LOL:

I haven't even decided what I'm going to wear tomorrow, let alone to the Muse gig :chuckle:. But might wear my red shorts...or something else :LOL:

:LOL: Yeah, well as soon as we knew for sure about the presale, I just had a random thought that I should wear something cool to the gig (not temperature wise obvs from my choice :chuckle:) and I knew I wanted to wear skinnies...and JayJays have a nice blue pair, hopefully I can slim down find a good size and buy them in preparation!:D

OMG WHY DOES YOUR SIG NOW CONTAIN YET ANOTHER OF MY MOST FAVE GUYS IN THE WORLD? :awesome: I <3 it :D

Oh dear :( *hugs*

May I just say.... David Tennant = <3

Ah, it seems our taste in men is similarly excellent. Maybe we should kidnap meet him when he is in Australia next :eyebrows:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back on topic...

Is anyone else planning to wear bright-coloured skinnies to the gig at this point? :D I'm hoping I can squeeze into going to buy some bright blue ones to match my Muse shirt :happy:

I will try to find green skinnies á la Dom in HAARP. If any Townsvillians know where I might find some, let me know!

Archived