Any good Muse Tab books?

Azulmono55

So I found this one a while ago

AM981354.jpg

It's pretty good. It has a good selection of songs, and for each one has the lyrics (With sheet music for them, no less), sheet music, and tab. It's only downside is that there are only 9 songs on it. :erm:

I ask for a book as it kind of gives a sense of quality, you never know if what you are playing is correct from an online tab.

I know there are full album books for guitar so why no love for us bassists? :(

personally I'd say your own ears are the only truly reliable source... I know that some people just can't work songs out by ear (not a criticism btw) but the amount of tabs on the intertubes that are just plain wrong is unbelievable. sure there are tabs that are bang on the money too but finding them is like diving into a swimming pool full of shit to find an ounce of gold. tbf there are a few decent muse tabs around, but I was searching for biffy clyro tabs a few weeks ago and I literally didn't find a single one that came even close to the way simon neil plays the songs

personally I'd say your own ears are the only truly reliable source...

I agree with that, but....

the amount of tabs on the intertubes that are just plain wrong is unbelievable.

I do try to learn songs by ear when possible (I gave up with online tabs a long time ago), but seeing all those incorrect tabs, I don't know how they don't hear that something is horribly wrong.

well that's basically the same discussion we had in the horrible covers thread. by the looks of it, not only do people create sounds that resemble the mass rape of a colony of penguins and pass it off as music, but then they go to the effort to tab those sounds out :LOL:

Yup, I agree that Online tabs are pretty much the worst things ever, and the majority of them don't even sound like the song they are supposed to be. The worst part is that with bass you have even less to go through with the same ammount of shit, so it's even harder to get good ones. :rolleyes:

Hence why I'm asking for books, geddit? :D

I'd learn them by ear but I'm fairly rubbish at bass :erm:

Archived