Hello everyone. I too will be making the drive down from DC and have Pit tickets. But I probably can't get down there until 230-3pm to start queuing. It appears I'm making the trip solo so I may have an extra pit ticket available. I should know in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to it and meeting all of you!

-Mark

I'm pretty sure there's one entrance. I could be wrong, though.

Haha I've been watching you guys freak out in that thread :LOL:

Bring all of your excitement/sillyness to C-ville! :awesome:

@hideho More boardies in line = more fun!

I also look forward to meeting everybody in line! :)

:wtf:

:awesome: Why aren't you coming to that gig too?

Can't afford it :(

Plus we have a sick kitty who needs fluids under her skin every other day. If we went to both gigs then we would miss a day. Making her feel very sick.

(I'm kinda holding a grudge against her) :$

But that is the reason I am able to do GA for this gig! :D

So I'm not too upset about it. :p

EDIT: Exactly how much did you have to drink when you cut off all fluids at 2? :LOL:

Can't afford it :(

Plus we have a sick kitty who needs fluids under her skin every other day. If we went to both gigs then we would miss a day. Making her feel very sick.

(I'm kinda holding a grudge against her) :$

I understand. I hope your kitty gets better.

But that is the reason I am able to do GA for this gig! :D

So I'm not too upset about it. :p

What time are you coming again?

EDIT: Exactly how much did you have to drink when you cut off all fluids at 2? :LOL:

I had a cup of coffee, maybe two bottles of water, and a smoothie for lunch. Actually, that's not a whole lot to drink. I felt kinda sick about halfway through the gig, a little nauseous and dizzy. Luckily I had the barrier to hold onto and it passed. I usually drink a lot because I'm always thirsty, then I have to go to the bathroom all the time. Sooo, I was very paranoid about having to use the bathroom. I think 2:00 is actually a bit early, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I might try 3:00 this fall, especially if we always get to sit after the door and before the support acts. I actually got to go to the bathroom after claiming my spot on the barrier in Atlanta (I went with Furygirl :awesome:). I think the sitting thing is a Muse thing...they are telling security to have us do it or something. Hopefully we will have the sitting at Raleigh and Charlottesville!

I understand. I hope your kitty gets better.

Thank you! Unfortunately she has kidney failure so it will never get better :/

What time are you coming again?

8:00 :)

I had a cup of coffee, maybe two bottles of water, and a smoothie for lunch. Actually, that's not a whole lot to drink. I felt kinda sick about halfway through the gig, a little nauseous and dizzy. Luckily I had the barrier to hold onto and it passed. I usually drink a lot because I'm always thirsty, then I have to go to the bathroom all the time. Sooo, I was very paranoid about having to use the bathroom. I think 2:00 is actually a bit early, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I might try 3:00 this fall, especially if we always get to sit after the door and before the support acts. I actually got to go to the bathroom after claiming my spot on the barrier in Atlanta (I went with Furygirl :awesome:). I think the sitting thing is a Muse thing...they are telling security to have us do it or something. Hopefully we will have the sitting at Raleigh and Charlottesville!

I might have to try this as well..... I have to pee a lot too :$

That will be awesome if we can sit! I imagine that must help a lot.

I'm so excited about being in GA for the first time! :D

heeeeeey... now that wembley is over I can actually start thinking about this show! The pit there scared me a bit.... but I know that I'll be safe and sound back with mah peepz in va :yesey:

btw speaking of queueing w/o food and drink, on the second wembley night I ate nothing at all the whole day :stunned: and had nothing more than a couple of sips of water from about 3PM until midnight.... what a day! My trusty smuggled granola bars that I had around 7PM are the only thing that kept me going! I'd rather not do that again :LOL:

heeeeeey... now that wembley is over I can actually start thinking about this show! The pit there scared me a bit.... but I know that I'll be safe and sound back with mah peepz in va :yesey:

btw speaking of queueing w/o food and drink, on the second wembley night I ate nothing at all the whole day :stunned: and had nothing more than a couple of sips of water from about 3PM until midnight.... what a day! My trusty smuggled granola bars that I had around 7PM are the only thing that kept me going! I'd rather not do that again :LOL:

I feel you. Me and Eri were so hungry the second day of Wembley that the security guards gave us chocolate bars. Man I love those security guys. :D

Same here, guess we'll get them first days of October, right?

Btw anyone knows is the area near the arena is somehow safe for an early queue?

It's very safe around JPJ - it's a cut through to the Law School and there's always sports stuff going on plus ton of actual UVa employees as well.

I think pre-sale tix still haven't gone out yet. I haven't gotten mine if that helps.

If you need to pee in the queue, there is a taco bell that is about a 10 minute jot from JPJ. There is also an Italian restaurant in the car park of the Econo Lodge.

For those looking for accomodation - Econolodge and Cavalier Inn are the closest. I think there is also a Budget Inn across from the Cavalier Inn. Good breakfast to be had is the Villa in the car park of the CI.

I wouldn't stay in the Omni - it's no where near JPJ and it supposedly has had bed bugs. Omni is on the downtown mall.

Hope that helps,

shawnee

Alright this is late notice and all . . .

A friend is going to be interviewing the Mattster tomorrow unless he's pulling my leg. He's asked if I've got any questions so

Anyone have anything that they'd particularly like to know? I think it would be good to have few good ones from the forum as opposed to just the generic stuff.

Gotta know in the next few hours.

shawnee

I feel you. Me and Eri were so hungry the second day of Wembley that the security guards gave us chocolate bars. Man I love those security guys. :D

:chuckle: That was nice of them! They gave Ali potato chips on Friday, I ate one or two but didn't want to eat too many because I didn't want to get thirsty!

Were you at the barrier on Saturday? If so, good work. I didn't have the strength to queue after being so battered on Friday. I wish I had had the chance to be actually on the barrier one night, I think it would have improved my overall experience.....

It's very safe around JPJ - it's a cut through to the Law School and there's always sports stuff going on plus ton of actual UVa employees as well.

For those looking for accomodation - Econolodge and Cavalier Inn are the closest. I think there is also a Budget Inn across from the Cavalier Inn. Good breakfast to be had is the Villa in the car park of the CI.

I wouldn't stay in the Omni - it's no where near JPJ and it supposedly has had bed bugs. Omni is on the downtown mall.

Hope that helps,

shawnee

BEDBUGS? Seriously? I know there is a huge infestation in New York and parts of D.C., so thanks for letting me know! I was planning on booking there with my family. Maybe we will be safer sleeping in the mini-van... blech!

I guess the above is a reputable site concerning bedbugs. Trip Advisor had at least one recent report by a guest at most Charlottesville hotels of finding bedbugs within the last few months. Bedbugsreport.com claims if the hotel listed says no bed bugs reported, then no bed bugs have been reported. This doesn't mean they are not there... just not reported. Creepy.

Maybe we should sleep in the tour buses???? Ha, ha, ha. :D

I'm 36 and my hubby is 39 and thanks to Muse, are having a second teenagehood! :D We will be driving with our kids from D.C., taking our two oldest to the show. I can tell you, Muse concerts are NOT sedate! Even in the seats, there will be obnoxious Musers like us that will irritate those who prefer to "sit" through the whole show because we rockin' in the stands... it is hard NOT to! :\mm/: There is a thread you can find on the forum called "Seats vs. Pit: What to expect". Very helpful! ;)

And here I thought I'd be the only old fart at the concert. ;) I have seats for Raleigh, but trying my luck at GA for this show.

Alright this is late notice and all . . .

A friend is going to be interviewing the Mattster tomorrow unless he's pulling my leg. He's asked if I've got any questions so

Anyone have anything that they'd particularly like to know? I think it would be good to have few good ones from the forum as opposed to just the generic stuff.

Gotta know in the next few hours.

shawnee

ummmm, wow. I'm not sure what to say, I'm a little starstruck. How did the interview go? Is there a link where we can hear it?

And here I thought I'd be the only old fart at the concert. ;) I have seats for Raleigh, but trying my luck at GA for this show.

Here's another "old Fart". I'm a grandmother 3 times over. And yes there is gray hair on my head when I let it show. You can't miss me. Be there with my daughter in Charlottesville. YEA!!!

I color all my gray hair a nice, bright red :)

So nice to know we won't be the only old folks there! :LOL:

Our seats are directly across from the stage. Much farther from the band than I like, but we'll be able to see the whole show. It should be good for a first experience, I'm thinking. I'm still kicking myself for not discovering this band earlier, and going to see them when they played just down the street from me, in Fairfax! But I didn't clue into them until this year, and ... I really haven't listened to any other band since.

I color all my gray hair a nice, bright red :)

So nice to know we won't be the only old folks there! :LOL:

Our seats are directly across from the stage. Much farther from the band than I like, but we'll be able to see the whole show. It should be good for a first experience, I'm thinking. I'm still kicking myself for not discovering this band earlier, and going to see them when they played just down the street from me, in Fairfax! But I didn't clue into them until this year, and ... I really haven't listened to any other band since.

Hey now... let us not be hard on ourselves! We "mature" Musers are like a fine wine... we get better at rockin' it out with age and know how to truely appreciate and take in the whole experience! :thumbsup:

However, I have had experience in the pit with a very, crabby "mature" woman at Fairfax who didn't expect the pushing around and groping (though I warned her what to expect since she proudly announced it was her first concert and probably was the only grandma there). Half way through the show, she was about throw down and try to start a fight with me because she thought I was feeling her up. C'mon... this woman didn't have common sense and was going to send her full grown, drunk sons after me... a married mom of three kids. Good thing my very tall hubby was there...that calmed her down real quick. After that whole thing, I'm done with the pit for any show. I think I've earned my pit badge with all of the different concerts I've been to. I'm a shorty anyway... I always end up behind giantish men (when I don't make it the barrier) and their nasty sweat drips all over me.:moody:

We got excellent seats on Matt's side! The kids will have a great view of the 3 merry gents from England. I'm usually in center (I LOVE Dom anyway) or just in front of Chris at all of the shows when in the pit, so this will be exciting!

Archived