My turn to recount!

Yesterday was so great! It was really nice to meet peeps from the boards in real life. Thanks for being awesome! Also, meeting random strangers in the GA line who were funny and nice and very very cool was quite pleasant. It seems like everyone else had a grand time too, and that's awesome!

I had a much better vantage point than I did in Chicago this time around. I chose to stay a little back from the barrier edge, so I was about 8 rows back (when the moshing picked up during SS and KoC, I was really glad of that) on Chris' side, and was not behind a load of abnormally tall dudes. In any case, it was great to actually SEE what the band was doing this time around.

The energy was pretty great! The stillness that fell with RBS was almost eerie. I just stood there singing along with my hands clasped, totally in awe. I was so surprised.

Oh, and was it just me, or was UD extra sexy last night? Yeah baby. ;)

All in all, great stuff. Even the 4 assholes (2m, 2f) who elbowed their way forward after Passion Pit's set disappeared halfway through Uprising. Their genius plan to plow further forward once everything started was thwarted, so they had to migrate sideways, mercifully away from me (I kind of hope they got roughed up in the middle section, because they were such self-centered hipster jerks). Everyone else was cool and just made the gig all the better with their appreciation.

Thanks for making this such a great event, guys! You all rock!

Couple of pics:

SSPX0872.jpg

My view at the beginning.

SSPX0874.jpg

Passion Pit - it looks like I moved, but I don't think I did.

SSPX0881.jpg

Uprising - was still in the center here.

SSPX0882.jpg

RbS - Haha, I moved over so much. :LOL:

SSPX0884.jpg

Exo - got relatively close to the center again, still not in the same spot I was.

And then me with Kirk (and strawberries)

SSPX0886.jpg

I didn't get a lot of pics - I either couldn't get my phone out of my pocket, wasn't still enough, tweeting, or calling my friend (I called her 3 times during the show). A lot of them were really blurry because my phone doesn't take great photos, but I think my favorite is the RbS one. I took it right when it kicked in. :happy:

:awesome: great pics! You and teh kirk :yesey:

I'm not sure if she's on the board, friends with her on tumblr and twitter though. I know how excited she was cause she did actually get to meet the rest of the band and have her shirt signed. Chris and Matt were polite and signed higher up near the neck but Dom signed right across her boob. Hopefully I can be as lucky!

:LOL: Dom :noey:

That's the funny part, I don't have a quick temper. I'm very slow to anger but this guy grabbed me and tried moving off the rail and then tried pushing me back into it so I told him to take it easy, but the whole time he's got his hand on me trying to push me around. I weigh 260 pounds, I don't move easily so then he gets upset and tries to sucker punch me but he missed. Luckily, we were standing right next to a security guard who saw the whole thing. He had to scruff the drunk by the back of his shirt and pull him out of the crowd but he did get him and then, rather forcefully, tossed him out, and all the time the guy is talking crap to the guard. I hate drunks.

gah, sounds like a real idiot. It's good the security guy was there to take him out - wouldn't have been fun if you'd gotten pulled out for hitting him back!

My first time posting! Eep! :)

I'm in agreement with the other posts - the Milwaukee show was AWESOME and was even better than Chicago. I was in GA against the barriers on the right about 3 rows back. My friends and I could see everything and we couldn't believe how close we were! Unbelievable.

I was so grateful for the smaller venue this time and the smaller crowd. Although at first I was thinking, "Where is everyone???" it soon sunk in what an intimate show it was. Crowd seemed to be totally into it and it seemed like the guys were having fun up there. While I was there I was able to forget about everything else and was just there. Awesome.

RBS - holy cannoli! That was an unexpected pleasure. That song is so intense it's almost painful to listen to at times, depending on what kind of day you're having. Getting to experience it live, well, I just can't adequately describe it. I was so caught off guard at first I think I just stood there and gaped like a dead fish. After I got a hold of my self I just tried to absorb it. I even closed my eyes a couple times and just tried experience the song.

LOL the only issue I had was that my friends and I got stuck being surrounded by this large group of people from Chicago (oh yeah, they made it clear that they were from Chicago. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that they're from the suburbs) who arrived at the show drunk. How they made it through the show without passing out dead drunk I have absolutely no idea. One guy was super tall, completely wasted, and kept throwing elbows. I had to keep dodging him and during Hysteria I had to be on point to avoid a broken nose! But when I pushed him back and asked what the f his problem was he and his friends calmed down a little. :) It all just goes along with being in GA and at least he and his crew were huge fans. :)

Thank you Muse for coming to Chicago AND Milwaukee in the same year!!! XOXO!!!

I thought it was a really cool one! Haven't been keeping up with Muse lately, so I wasn't expecting that.

Yeah, it's really new, the first time they did it was in Denver, so yours was only the 3rd show with it :)

I'm hoping they stick with it (I wasn't sure at first, but figure they will at this point), it looks really cool :yesey: Plus it'll allow me to hear MK Jam again, which I'd like because I have no memory of it at all from Wembley :LOL:

Amazing night! Can't write too much now, as my baby is screaming like crazy right now, lol.

I need to go through all my pics (took over 1500) :$

But thought I'd share a few :D

Enjoy!

DSC_2833.jpg

DSC_2822.jpg

DSC_2799.jpg

DSC_2748.jpg

....um, sorry they're so big, will fix later when I have more time :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTeggWSfZV4

They played a Burning Bridges outro to PIB and it sounds different than the normal one, it's awesome!

that's totally me in the grey shirt on the far right screen at 4:44!!! woot woot

and i knew it was weird but i was like "isn't this supposed to lead into TIRO or be TIRO's outro? i remembered it distinctly being after PIB. good times... i liked it a lot too.

The girl who gave Matt the socks posted the whole story (including pictures) here in case anyone is interested. :)

"yeah, there we go. right across the tit."

Such a charmer, that man. :LOL:

It was seriously like the best night ever. She came down from Vancouver and stayed with me for the show. They were the nicest guys and the show itself was AMAZING!

And yeah, that's pretty much my favorite Dominic Howard quote now. :D

This was my 5th and final show this year (also went to Boston, Chicago, Coachella and Denver), and I think it was probably my favorite one. The band had great energy, and the crowd (although smaller than some of the other venues) was loving it. I felt that Matt was having a particularly good time! Can't wait for the next tour!

Love the socks part, very cool.

Here's a link to a video I took of Hystera. I pan the crowd in the beginning so maybe a few of you are in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWKmEtlqMY

The girl who gave Matt the socks posted the whole story (including pictures) here in case anyone is interested. :)

He's so classy. :LOL:

That's such a wonderful story. The picture of Matt with his socks is lol. I love how nice they are to fans. :happy:

awaww such a great story! I'm glad she got to meet the guys, and Matt had her socks on :LOL:

And :phu: + :fear: at the kid who stole her drumstick! What a jerk!

It was seriously like the best night ever. She came down from Vancouver and stayed with me for the show. They were the nicest guys and the show itself was AMAZING!

And yeah, that's pretty much my favorite Dominic Howard quote now. :D

Aww it was lovely to read the full story and how excited you were. :D Even better with the photos. And snazzy socks! :D

PS The guys sounded in high spirits too! I like reading stories like that.:happy:

That pic of Matt with the socks is really funny :LOL: good stuff.

Archived