Honestly, for a long time, I thought they were just a hyped up band. I still think Viva la Vida (the song) is over rated, but its probably a good song that got ruined due to excessive plays on the radio.

BUT... maybe they just got noticed now, and have been a great band forever, but they just became popular now? (kinda like Muse) Can someone give me a bit more info on these guys, 'cause I'd like to give as many bands a chance as I can. I don't wanna miss out on good music because of a stupid judgment... but I kinda hate being 'the norm' all the time. Sorry, sooo off topic.

I get what you're saying. Viva La Vida is pretty over-rated, but it's the Coldplay song, just like Muse has Uprising. and they're a good band, but don't get noticed until they have a hit like that. And then everyone goes "I LURVV coldplay" and you see their ipod has one song. I actually don't know much about the band themselves, but I know a few songs that are really good...

Trouble, The Scientist, Yellow, Clocks, Fix You, anywho..these are songs that everyone likes...imo. But i'm not the biggest fan of them, they're in my top 10 probably :D i think its for sure you'll like one of those songs, anyways.

Honestly, for a long time, I thought they were just a hyped up band. I still think Viva la Vida (the song) is over rated, but its probably a good song that got ruined due to excessive plays on the radio.

BUT... maybe they just got noticed now, and have been a great band forever, but they just became popular now? (kinda like Muse) Can someone give me a bit more info on these guys, 'cause I'd like to give as many bands a chance as I can. I don't wanna miss out on good music because of a stupid judgment... but I kinda hate being 'the norm' all the time. Sorry, sooo off topic.

I felt the same way about Viva la Vida until I saw it live. They've been pretty popular for a while now though. Yellow did really well and then they got super popular with Clocks. They're a really great band though. They have so much other great stuff other than their singles. You should totally check them out :happy:

YKYATMW you get very excited there's pretty much a Muse-filled episode of Jeopardy on. :) Two of the answers to some questions were 'George Orwell' and 'Conspiracy Theories'... And one of the girls on there said she'd like to see Muse in concert. :awesome:

YKYATMW you get very excited there's pretty much a Muse-filled episode of Jeopardy on. :) Two of the answers to some questions were 'George Orwell' and 'Conspiracy Theories'... And one of the girls on there said she'd like to see Muse in concert. :awesome:

I've never liked Jeopardy..but THIS makes it awesome :awesome::chuckle:

YKYATMW your dad goes "Hey, look! Muse is on TV!" then dies laughing as you run into the room only to discover he's watching a History Channel special about the Greek muses :indiff: He's so cruel :chuckle:

Was Muse formed in '93? I know they were around for a few years before "Showbiz" came out but I'm just going by what my mom said.

I think it was 1994, so your mom was pretty close :p

YKYATMW, your favorite/lucky numbers have always been 6, 9, 22,and 32. I told my best friend that today, for no apparent reason, and she said "now which one of those relates to Muse? :rolleyes:" and I said none. Because none of them ever had. But when I really got to thinking about it, subconsciously or something, 6 could be June, 9 could be June 9, Matt's b-day, 32 his current age, and 22...well that doesn't really fit.

When you're taking a CSAP (big test) and when your reading it you try not to laugh because one of the topics is Black Holes...and there was a line that says "supermassive black holes" :D

When you're in the car with your dad and he is in the middle of a Muse hate rant. It was something like: "Well, seeing as how Matt has no artistic talent whatsoever, and-" I changed the radio station, and i HEARD STARLIGHT!!!! :awesome: I know it's not a big deal, but I'd never heard it on the radio before, and I usually don't hear Muse in the first place. I was totally FREAKING OUT, OMG starlight! my dad actually turned up the radio, full blast, it was beautiful :happy:

dear musers of the musings of the muse and blah,

I live in the states but I want Kerrang magazine..for obvious reasons. (I'm subscribed to rolling stone, but bieber was on the fucking cover.)

anywayssss....is there a way to get a subscription to that mailed to me? or do i have to buy each one seperately? and can u give me any lists of the old kerrangs that have Muse mentioned, a poster, anything? thank youuu :)

:LOL: That would be interesting to say the least.

i would so ace that subject :LOL:

My friend, Sloane, today was saying Math over and over and then I realised she was talking about Matt but saying Math the whole time :LOL:

his name does have math in it though, Matthew x]

i heard there was this one kid show and one of the trivia questions they asked was "what band is Matt Bellamy in?" and of course no one knew the answer

when a boy tells he is going to dress up as spider man (he was obviously scoffing) and you immediately think of spider dom! :p

tumblr_lfqv2uqYWF1qas6lio1_500.jpg

i'd think of SpiderDom too

there's this one teacher at my school who looks like Mr Jameson from Spiderman and i always wonder if he knows SpiderDom

:chuckle:

when you play your new born nephew Muse lullaby songs hoping he may like them :$:facepalm:

awwww how cute

i love listening to Muse lullabies :happy:

I've been watching this thread instead of posting recently, but I HAVE LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTLEFT TOO!

Sorry, just wanted to say that.

YKYATMW I started writing MUSE on every table that i sit at at school... :/

i always write lyrics on my desks :LOL:

but someone always has to make it dirty :noey:

i heard there was this one kid show and one of the trivia questions they asked was "what band is Matt Bellamy in?" and of course no one knew the answer

I was watching some show on Cartoon Network and this kid was asked "Who's the lead singer of Coldplay?"

And of course, he didn't know and that was the only answer on that show I KNEW!! :LOL:

Ooo I have a lot of knowledge about Coldplay!! :awesome::LOL:

When lil' Matt and Chris Martin were still in grade school, someone told me they used to send each other hate texts as a joke all the time. But I don't know if it is true :LOL:

They have 5 albums out and have EPs and stuff. . . Um... In my opinion Viva La Vida is over played and mainstream. X&Y (their 3rd album if you didn't know) is their greatest CD put out in my opinion :happy:

THEY ROCK IN CONCERT!! (As most of you already know)

And well, there's just SO much about them that I can't exactly explain in words. And Chris Martin is married to Gwenyth Paltrow and has I believe 2 kids: Apple and Moses :awesome:

when a boy tells he is going to dress up as spider man (he was obviously scoffing) and you immediately think of spider dom! :p

tumblr_lfqv2uqYWF1qas6lio1_500.jpg

When you read that as Spider Dom...and then you had to read the sentence again 'cause it made no sense :LOL:

and when you've been really tired lately 'cause you'd rather stay up and listen to Muse than go to sleep :rolleyes:

Um... In my opinion Viva La Vida is over played and mainstream. X&Y (their 3rd album if you didn't know) is their greatest CD put out in my opinion :happy:

Yeah, I think Viva La Vida is over played and mainstream as well. I like X&Y and Parachutes the best :)

My favorites are X&Y and then A Rush of Blood To The Head :LOL:

My favorites are X&Y and then A Rush of Blood To The Head :LOL:

yupp, my top 3 are X&Y Parachutes and A Rush of Blood. :)

YKYATMW i have these muse earrings, a little cartoon drawing of Matt eating bananas that I bought off of Etsy...and this morning I was going to wear them but couldn't find them. I walked into the room where my family was and said quietly, "where are my matt earrings?:stunned:" and they all just stopped what they were doing. It was a moment of silence, and I think everyone was afraid of what would happen if i didn't find them because every face was just :stunned: i found them, though. (:

Ooo I have a lot of knowledge about Coldplay!! :awesome::LOL:

When lil' Matt and Chris Martin were still in grade school, someone told me they used to send each other hate texts as a joke all the time. But I don't know if it is true :LOL:

They have 5 albums out and have EPs and stuff. . . Um... In my opinion Viva La Vida is over played and mainstream. X&Y (their 3rd album if you didn't know) is their greatest CD put out in my opinion :happy:

THEY ROCK IN CONCERT!! (As most of you already know)

And well, there's just SO much about them that I can't exactly explain in words. And Chris Martin is married to Gwenyth Paltrow and has I believe 2 kids: Apple and Moses :awesome:

ARoBttH is my favorite :happy: They're amazing live :awesome:

When I saw them in 2009 (but I also saw them in 2005) they had 3 stages and made sure that everybody had a GREAT time instead of being in the back of the Comcast Center and not being able to see them. And I believe Will even sang :LOL:

Same here (though I didn't see them in 2005 :$)!!! Will sang Death Will Never Conquer :happy: Twas a great, great day :D

Archived