Yes! Finally caller 10. Been trying since Monday, and I won tickets to the OKC show. However, The Spy didn't know where the seats were. Ferris said he would assume GA. I'm getting pre-sale tickets anyway...being a good mommy and taking my teenagers (17 and 14)

Yes! Finally caller 10. Been trying since Monday, and I won tickets to the OKC show. However, The Spy didn't know where the seats were. Ferris said he would assume GA. I'm getting pre-sale tickets anyway...being a good mommy and taking my teenagers (17 and 14)

lucky kids :]

I wish my mom liked Muse, or anyone in my family for that matter lol.

BUT my boyfriend does, so that makes up for my family's Muse hate :D

so...FLORIDA dates please :D

Good job! I've always wanted to win a radio contest. Especially a meet-and-greet one. :$

Thanks! This will sound strange, but I'm almost glad this isn't a meet-and-greet (at least I don't think so, radio station didn't advertise it that way) because who would I take? Husband or one of the kids? It would be too difficult to decide and either way I would end up in trouble:)

The anticipation is making me sick! Every time I think about it, ugh. It would be nice to not have to sit my mom down and explain to her that we need to hop on a jet plane and get to wherever the heck to see them. With all of the buildup when we get a Florida date I will probably just cry :LOL:.

Thanks! This will sound strange, but I'm almost glad this isn't a meet-and-greet (at least I don't think so, radio station didn't advertise it that way) because who would I take? Husband or one of the kids? It would be too difficult to decide and either way I would end up in trouble:)

You'd take a friend, as you're already taking your family to the show. They can just be jealous, and you're the one who won anyways. :LOL:

I wish my family understood too. They're actually really mad at me for wanting to go to more dates in the fall, even with me paying! I say they have no right, I'm in college, it's my money. My dad said he'd disown me if I "wasted my money by going to Wembley." I'm not very happy with them right now...

I wish my family understood too. They're actually really mad at me for wanting to go to more dates in the fall, even with me paying! I say they have no right, I'm in college, it's my money. My dad said he'd disown me if I "wasted my money by going to Wembley." I'm not very happy with them right now...

They just don't understand that Wembly is Muser Mecca. They'll come around I'm sure. :p

I have enough money to buy a ticket to the Cincinnati show, I could go there right after the columbus show and my mom tells me that she doesn't care about the moeny, she just thinks it's irrational to go to more than one show. :erm:

There are A LOT of irrational people on this board then :p

They just don't understand that Wembly is Muser Mecca. They'll come around I'm sure. :p

Every time I mention how I want to work this summer to save up and go, they literally start screaming at me over the phone and then hang up on me. I don't think so... I'm never telling them my plans again. I'll just do stuff on my own and they can go to hell. I'm seriously considering trying to get a loan so I can go to Wembley and just jet-setting there for the weekend and not telling my parents.

I would kill to go to Wembley, but unfortunately it's not in the cards :(

I'll save for the next time they play there. I would also really love to go to an NYC gig, but plane fare is awfully expensive, so I'll drive to see Muse in FL :D

NYC is really no better than the other shows, or at least, not enough to be worth a flight for it. Wembley, on the other hand, with the longer setlist, crowd bigger than Coachella, etc., is well worth the $1000 it would cost me. But no, since I'm not 21, my parents say they're in charge of the money I make. Really pisses me off. I told my dad then I'm not getting a job, haha.

:( I showed my parents haarp. My mother was dazzled and my father was suitably impressed. Then my mom came with me to the Atlanta show....so she's pretty much on the bandwagon. As long as she can work it out with her job she'll go to any show I can get her to. My dad doesn't really understand yet. My mom and I came home with stars in our eyes pretty much haha. I'm definitely dragging him to a show this fall so he'll get it and stop giving us shit.

Also, when I showed them haarp I told them I would be there one day. They don't really argue with me about it.

I am sorry for your predicament though. I would die if my parents gave me loads of garbage for wanting to see them.

NYC is really no better than the other shows, or at least, not enough to be worth a flight for it. Wembley, on the other hand, with the longer setlist, crowd bigger than Coachella, etc., is well worth the $1000 it would cost me. But no, since I'm not 21, my parents say they're in charge of the money I make. Really pisses me off. I told my dad then I'm not getting a job, haha.

Well I have a free place to stay in NYC so it's worth the ticket, and I love new york so there's that as well lol.I would do Wembley in a heartbeat, but when those tickets went on sale I had absolutely no job and was broke, now I'm working full-time...damn the timing lol. My parents are pretty cool with traveling and I have family in the U.K. so it wouldn't be terrible, but oh well, hopefully there will be a next time.

Every time I mention how I want to work this summer to save up and go, they literally start screaming at me over the phone and then hang up on me. I don't think so... I'm never telling them my plans again. I'll just do stuff on my own and they can go to hell. I'm seriously considering trying to get a loan so I can go to Wembley and just jet-setting there for the weekend and not telling my parents.

it's pretty immature of them to hang up on you, because they ought to be smarter than that and realize it's just going to egg you on even more :( that's really not a good move on their part if what they're really trying to say is that they would rather you focus on your studies, and that they'd be worried sick if you went to Europe esp with all the travel drama and sh-- in the news. :p too bad they're not able to have a reasonable conversation with you about it.

I feel for you ... I'm sure you feel like sh-- when family acts like that. be strong and love 'em anyway :kiss:I hope it gets better .....

I know how you feel, my mom used her demonic scream on me because I asked to go to more than one US show. I'd be beheaded if I asked if I could buy myself a ticket/flight to Wembley, even if I was your age :supersad:

:( I showed my parents haarp. My mother was dazzled and my father was suitably impressed. Then my mom came with me to the Atlanta show....so she's pretty much on the bandwagon. As long as she can work it out with her job she'll go to any show I can get her to. My dad doesn't really understand yet. My mom and I came home with stars in our eyes pretty much haha. I'm definitely dragging him to a show this fall so he'll get it and stop giving us shit.

Also, when I showed them haarp I told them I would be there one day. They don't really argue with me about it.

I am sorry for your predicament though. I would die if my parents gave me loads of garbage for wanting to see them.

man, everytime I play any Muse my family is like, what the hell is that!:LOL:

Will you be in school at the time? Cuz I'll be the bad influence and say just go for it, if you have the funds of course.

I have no classes on Friday, so I've worked it out where I wouldn't miss a single class, so they can't use my "studies" as an excuse. That's the thing, they're treating me as if I was in middle school. Won't even hear me out or give me valid reasons, just no. My dad says, "If you do manage to save up $1000, you're not spending it on that, but on stuff you need." But I'm like, there's nothing else I want, and I wouldn't bother to save the money if I wasn't going. Not to mention, when I'm out of college, I'll be in debt and have a job and won't be able to do this sort of thing, so now is my chance! Gah, I feel like literally killing them, I'm so angry about this. If it's money I earned and I'm not asking them for a single thing, it was me being nice be informing them of my plans, because my mom likes to know what I'm up to. They have no right, and all this is going to do is convince once again that I should stop calling my parents and let them worry. Screw 'em.

I have no classes on Friday, so I've worked it out where I wouldn't miss a single class, so they can't use my "studies" as an excuse. That's the thing, they're treating me as if I was in middle school. Won't even hear me out or give me valid reasons, just no. My dad says, "If you do manage to save up $1000, you're not spending it on that, but on stuff you need." But I'm like, there's nothing else I want, and I wouldn't bother to save the money if I wasn't going. Not to mention, when I'm out of college, I'll be in debt and have a job and won't be able to do this sort of thing, so now is my chance! Gah, I feel like literally killing them, I'm so angry about this. If it's money I earned and I'm not asking them for a single thing, it was me being nice be informing them of my plans, because my mom likes to know what I'm up to. They have no right, and all this is going to do is convince once again that I should stop calling my parents and let them worry. Screw 'em.

You're 18, so I'm not sure what they can do, but they are your parents, they could get really mad, but they will love you no matter what (after they've cooled down) I honestly don't see the problem, but I also see why they would worry, their child is going ALONE across Atlantic Ocean to a crazy(*cough*awesome*cough*) concert... I say earn the money, see what happens.

Lulz. I know how you feel. My 'rents are uncomfortable with me driving an hour away from home.

They feel uneasy about you going alone. If I were you i'd try to convince a friend to go w you, that you and your parents know well & trust. Then they will feel safe w the idea of you travelling out of state.

woah this really sucks. I can see what you mean on the part I bolded. It's sad because instead of them motivating you to get a job and work for something you want, they're just taking away any opportunity. Of course it's understandable that they'd be worried if you were traveling to the UK and all, but maybe they should tell you that instead of just labeling the idea of going for it as "something you don't need".

Save up and see what happens, you never know. Same for the Fall, I hope it works out well for you.

woah this really sucks. I can see what you mean on the part I bolded. It's sad because instead of them motivating you to get a job and work for something you want, they're just taking away any opportunity. Of course it's understandable that they'd be worried if you were traveling to the UK and all, but maybe they should tell you that instead of just labeling the idea of going for it as "something you don't need".

Save up and see what happens, you never know. Same for the Fall, I hope it works out well for you.

Exactly. They should be happy I have any motivation to work, but noooo. And there's no one who could come with me, no other friends of mine like Muse really. Or would save up for a weekend trip to London, for that matter. And, they always tell me I need to get my priorities in order, decide what I really want, but I guess they only want that if I want what they want.

Archived