Holy smokes. See, being a Cornish bird whenever I leave this County pretty much everything is expensive to me. I have been to Dublin once before, and I didn't find it too bad - but then again we were there for an over night stay and we didn't visit loads of pubs. I also went to this amazing pub that I'd love to find again - they did his huge Irish Stew which was so yum and really cheap, I have a postcard from it somewhere so I will look it up.

Any way, Tesco it is then!

was it in the city or out of the city? It sounds like Johnny Fox's...

was it in the city or out of the city? It sounds like Johnny Fox's...

My memory is bloody shameful but I want to say out of the city. The food was pretty amazing and the bar staff gave me a 'secret cocktail' where if I could guess all of the ingredients I'd win myself a free tab. I failed so bad.

hahahah! Yeah that sounds like Johnny Fox's. It's kinda up the mountains, but an unbelievable pub.

Are you coming over for the weekend or just the day?

Ah I hope I get time to visit there before we go to the festival - I pretty much wanted to live there.

I am visiting with my friend for the week end. We arrive early on Thursday morning (7am in fact, hence why there will be mass alcohol purchasing and the like) and then are leaving as quickly as we can on Sunday to make sure we get our 6am flight on Monday. Have you got a week end or day ticket?

I've a weekend one. Just waiting to hear back from a friend of mine if he's coming or not. Otherwise it's me on my own! bad times.

Ah I really hate that! The friend that I am going with has been a bit 'Ah this totally messes me up with my work... but don't worry I am still coming'. The fact that she adds that on to the end of every text recently just makes me nervous.

If you get stuck feel free to come and hang with us! Sure, you'll be stuck with two Cornish girls but hopefully we will also have beer. Although I'd advise that you bring your own tent as I am already a bit worried for my friend - I am an awful sleeper.

P.S My friend doesn't live in Dublin she lives in Cornwall like me. Did I say I had a friend there? I visited in 2008 with some old friends who are also SW England bound.

ah right. Well I wouldn't say I'd be stuck with you guys. It's more that you'll have some short Irish guy following you around.

And I don't think there'll be much sleeping, just dossing about getting hammered! :D

:happy:

Yeah thats the A-Z....been doing it since October last year and they finish in September, not sure what they are up to now though lol

I think its a pretty cool idea, keeps things fresh

:yesey: Must be pretty hectic though!

http://www.dublinairport.com/shops-restauraunts/bars-restaurants/ :happy:

That's before security (which we won't be able to go through at that time of night):)

Hooray for 2am chips :LOL:

ah. how interesting. It seems that buseireann also have busses going from busarse, sorry, busaras for 35 of your finest euros. Cant seem to find where to book it though. http://www.buseireann.ie

busarse :chuckle: I admit it, I lol'ed

To bring to Oxegen.

Also, I don't know if you or anybody else knows but do they allow you to take your own food and drink to the stages? At V Festival we weren't allowed but at Glasto it was fine.

Did you get stopped from taking stuff into V? I've always been allowed in with water bottles and food..

you have no idea. I was charged €6.10 for a pint last week.

Ouch.

My festival ticket still hasn't arrivedddd.

busaras is pronounced basically the same as busarse, and the building is absolutely dire, so busarse is most appropriate really. ;)

vibranthearts are you coming over for the day or weekend?

:chuckle:

The day - flying in from Stansted in the morning. If I could have gotten the time off then I would've gone for the weekend though!

Init :happy: So excited! Just hope my damn ticket comes soon, hate waiting :LOL:

What does your Ticketmaster status say? Mine said they were being printed, even after they arrived! :LOL: You will have to contact them if you've not had it by tomorrow, I'm sure they said call if you've not had it 72 hours before.

busaras is pronounced basically the same as busarse, and the building is absolutely dire, so busarse is most appropriate really. ;)

vibranthearts are you coming over for the day or weekend?

also Bus Eireann are a pain in the Arse!:p

What does your Ticketmaster status say? Mine said they were being printed, even after they arrived! :LOL: You will have to contact them if you've not had it by tomorrow, I'm sure they said call if you've not had it 72 hours before.

Says it's being printed atm. Did you have to sign for yours?

ah right. Well I wouldn't say I'd be stuck with you guys. It's more that you'll have some short Irish guy following you around.

And I don't think there'll be much sleeping, just dossing about getting hammered! :D

So just to clarify there will be no sticking? Aw shucks, that's a bummer!

YAY! You are my kind of festival-er. Sitting in the Irish rain, drinking beer and having a good ol' time. But of course if you want to pitch next to us that would be all kinds of awesome, what time are you heading down to the site on Thursday?

Also, VibrantHearts I was in 2008, when did you go to V? I had several cans of strongbow (never again) and they said I couldn't take them in so my friend and I foolishly tried to down as many as we could outside of the gates... I'm not going to lie the results were pretty horrific. I managed to sneak in some chocolate biscuits though - win!:D

No, I just arrived home to find five little brown envelopes in my postbox :D I'd call them about yours. :yesey:

Ooooh, I see! That's good, cause my parents are away, and I'm out the house from 6.30am til 6.30pm these days! :LOL: If there's nothing tomorrow, then I'll give them a ring.

Also, VibrantHearts I was in 2008, when did you go to V? I had several cans of strongbow (never again) and they said I couldn't take them in so my friend and I foolishly tried to down as many as we could outside of the gates... I'm not going to lie the results were pretty horrific. I managed to sneak in some chocolate biscuits though - win!:D

2007, 2008, 2009. I think that was your downfall tbh, they let people take in bottles of water, snacks, etc, but cans of alcohol (possibly even cans in general, come to think of it) were a no-no.

Ooh, downing Strongbow. . .doesn't sound fun :LOL:

Archived