I'm still on my Muse high today...can't wait to see them again.

Someone upthread mentioned how 1st Mariner Arena sucked, and I'd have to agree. The city desperately needs a better concert venue, but unfortunately, I don't think they'll get one anytime soon given the economy and other problems the city is facing.

Last night was my first show, and I have to say that it gave me an entire new appreciation for how talented the guys are, MB in particular (who looked absolutely exhausted by the end of the night...after three back to back nights, I can understand, and I think that had to do with them leaving early more than the crowd).

Regarding the fans, you have to take into account that many of the fans Muse will see during this tour will be new ones (outside of certain cities, like NYC and Vegas). They won't know every song from every record, and that's fine, because this is how many people become fanatics...they like a song from a 'new' band and decide to see what they're like live and...bam, fanatic. Most of the people around me last night were already fanatics, but I met (and overheard) several who were not that way coming into the concert...but they were talking about nothing but Muse after. A lot of fanatics were born last night.

I think a lot of the American tour is going to be like that, because Muse is such an unknown band in the states. So the setlist is going to be tailored both to their current record and reaching new fans. IMO, Muse is the best band in the world, and it's insane that more people here don't know about them. All of that's changing, though. As cool as it will be when they're as well known here as they are every other place in the world, they won't be 'mine' anymore, lol...I'll have to share them with everyone else.

I'd kill to see them at the 930 club. I think it was Nov of 05 when they were there last? I remember not being able to make it for reasons I don't even remember now :(

Did the set list for the 1st Mariner Arena show get posted? I didn't see it going back a few pages

I can't believe I didn't notice the shuffle dance! Guess I wasn't looking over there since it was the one time he went to the other side of the stage. :mad:

And, as requested before I get my other photos up, setlist for you!

IMG_2726.thumb.jpg.9b50612ccf9d6dc3a141138945f49ab7.jpg

Heyyaa I was there last night, I had bright yellow pants on and I got on my friends shoulders during the first chorus of Knights for about 10 seconds (cause the guards had a fuckin' fit, as I expected haha)

if anyone has a photo or video of me doing this (I doubt but it's worth a shot) or if anyone even saw me, let me know xD! I've wanted to do that forever. NO ONE'S GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!

anyway, I'm gonna post my pics from the show up tonight probably. I got some good ones.

Woa, I think I might have seen you doing this!!! I might have been about two rows behind you! Were you in seats?

If it's worth anything (probably not), the Muse show in 2004 or so at the 930 Club was the most energetic yet gentle crowd I have ever been in. Does that even make sense? It's like the place was going ape shit to the point of someone in Muse's crew running off the side of the stage and returning with a video camera to tape everyone yet no one was crowd surfing or moshing but everyone was really into it, screaming and singing, jumping, etc. It was really quite odd. :LOL:

Different cities harbor different types of crowds it seems.

yes, i was at the show, and that what I mean by a GOOD crowd, and I was not even in a pit, but on a balcony, it seems that with a larger crowd they get more people who don't know them

and also there were many people for SSP, they got a surprisingly warm reaction

the people in the first two rows of my section were a bunch of wasted tickets. They sat there... and two guys behind me as well. I just slapped em' around with my hair. :chuckle:

My section wasn't exciting. But yeah I could see some across the way getting into it, so it wasnt a total reserved seating fail. GA looked awesome from where I was standing, at least on the Matt side for the full gig, but everyone in GA finally got in on the act towards the end.

I swear one of these days I'm doing GA. I need to be where the party's at because seat-sitters suck!

my pics are here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21295007@N06/

Heyyaa I was there last night, I had bright yellow pants on and I got on my friends shoulders during the first chorus of Knights for about 10 seconds (cause the guards had a fuckin' fit, as I expected haha)

if anyone has a photo or video of me doing this (I doubt but it's worth a shot) or if anyone even saw me, let me know xD! I've wanted to do that forever. NO ONE'S GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!

anyway, I'm gonna post my pics from the show up tonight probably. I got some good ones.

:LOL: I think i saw you then. i did see someone sitting on another's shoulder from where I was sitting. :awesome:

GA looked awesome from where I was standing, at least on the Matt side for the full gig, but everyone in GA finally got in on the act towards the end.

I swear one of these days I'm doing GA. I need to be where the party's at because seat-sitters suck!

I used to think that I would never want to do GA, and even though I was satisfied with my seat I think that the next go around I'll do GA, despite how wily it is down there.

Awesome show! We had seats this time (in VA we were in GA). The people in our section were a bit, shall we say, reserved. Wendy7777 and I were the only people dancing and singing. The seat experience was good, though. We ended up really close on Matt's side. I used the opportunity to take pics. In VA, taking pictures whilst being jostled and beat-up in GA was very hard.

I was a little bummed that I missed the TiRO shuffle! :( Matt was on Chris's side and the lights blinded me. But we got MK Ultra, which made me a happy, happy lady :D:awesome:

We waited after the show for the band, but they had left early :( Now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not staying in VA. But it was really nice to meet IBurnsLikeTheSun and her hubby, DeadDuck, Wondervale, Bellamy'sZetagirl, HighRevoltage, and StephenHorton. We really toughed it out, didn't we?

Great experience. Lots of fun. Can't wait for thier next tour!!

I was at the show last night, my first Muse show in 3 years, and I thought it was pretty awesome. I wish I could have swapped tickets with someone {I had a seat} in GA, but on the whole, it was a great show. I was so pumped for songs that I had never been pumped for before; like Starlight.

Matt's shuffle dance was great. So were his pants, btw. I like the turquoise. I kept fighting to get a good glimpse of Chris's new tats, but was unable to until a friend linked me to ones on the 'net today.

I wish I could have seen the show in VA as well, but by the time I tried to get tickets, they were sold out. This one was worth it, though.

Anyone got a full set list? Go on, surprise me.

This is from musewiki:

We Are the Universe (intro music)

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Supermassive Black Hole

5. MK ULTRA

6. Interlude + Hysteria

7. Nishe

8. United States of Eurasia

9. Feeling Good

10. Helsinki Jam

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. Starlight

13. Plug In Baby

14. Time Is Running Out

15. Unnatural Selection

Encore

16. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

17. Stockholm Syndrome

18. Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

I was surprised they played Nishe! I didn't even realise until I looked it up!

We waited after the show for the band, but they had left early :( Now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not staying in VA. But it was really nice to meet IBurnsLikeTheSun and her hubby, DeadDuck, Wondervale, Bellamy'sZetagirl, HighRevoltage, and StephenHorton. We really toughed it out, didn't we?

Great experience. Lots of fun. Can't wait for thier next tour!!

I'm SO glad I did that. I'm normally a reserved person and would be worried about "getting in trouble" for waiting around, stalking a band. But it was just SO pleasant hanging around everyone, despite the reality that they ditched Baltimore quickly. :mad: It made my journey to be very spontaneous and do this show very last minute so worthwhile! :)

I'm sure this is the last show I will catch for a very long time. Can't afford airfares anymore to go elsewhere.

awaketochaseadream You did see me! Unless some other person out there has awesome black and red super sexy feather earrings that are large and in charge!:LOL:

I REALLY hope to see them again sometime this year.... but tickets are so not cheap. :( I wish that they could play a smaller more true to the old school fans kind of set someplace... I'd really love to have that intimate moment with them. Plus I NEED Matt to touch my earrings/take a picture with me! D:< I don't even need or want an autograph! Just some semblance of proof we existed in the same world together, though surely I'll never exist in Matt's unique flavor of universe.

At any rate, yeah the seats mostly wasted on a lot of obvious new "fans" standing there like meercats. I too was nervous to start doing anything and eventually said fuck it, I'm gonna rock out!

All and all it was a rather otherworldly display and when it was over I found myself in denial that it was. "They didn't do Sunburn yet.... or Uno or Unintended!" But alas... The UK is so fucking lucky to actually HAVE this band. It sucks being so disconnected from them. :(

Alsooooo Dom.... Is it me or did he just get sexier with age?? Hysteria made me tingle all over! hahaha.

Nope. They all did. :D

I really wish Dom would cut his hair the way he wore it during the absolution tour. He was sooo cute then.

I was actually considering flying back east to see them in Baltimore. Glad I didn't. I am sure for the people who were there it was a great time, but if that setlist is all we're getting for this leg, then I think the places I am gonna see them in April will be enough.

I was actually considering flying back east to see them in Baltimore. Glad I didn't. I am sure for the people who were there it was a great time, but if that setlist is all we're getting for this leg, then I think the places I am gonna see them in April will be enough.

The crowd was SOOOOOOO "dampened" for a lack of a better term. We walked in at the very beginning of Hysteria and I could just feel the lack of energy in section 108 like someone was screwing around with some kind of "energy drain" machine. Terrible. We still had a great time, despite some girls constantly asking us to "sit down". Um, you don't SIT for SS!!!!!

Based on the posted set list, the only change up from Fairfax was they swapped GL for MK Ultra. So you didn't miss much and I suspect it will be this format for the rest of the tour. However, I suspect they will let it all out for Madison Square Garden.

Awesome show! We had seats this time (in VA we were in GA). The people in our section were a bit, shall we say, reserved. Wendy7777 and I were the only people dancing and singing. The seat experience was good, though. We ended up really close on Matt's side. I used the opportunity to take pics. In VA, taking pictures whilst being jostled and beat-up in GA was very hard.

Next time we hear of .MU pre-sales going on, for those that do not want to be pit for whatever reason, we should all try to purchase the SAME section so we know everyone sitting there will find it acceptable and even DEMAND the audience to "rise up and take the power back" from being a seat potato and rock it out.

I honestly would kill to see them anywhere and everywhere, regardless of the sets and lacks of changes. The two days I've seen Muse are the two best days of my life. But yeah, I still would really love to see some old school Muse again. I never got to see Bliss and Citizen Erased or anything off of Showbiz. I love all the old stuff, we cant forget our classics!

Next time we hear of .MU pre-sales going on, for those that do not want to be pit for whatever reason, we should all try to purchase the SAME section so we know everyone sitting there will find it acceptable and even DEMAND the audience to "rise up and take the power back" from being a seat potato and rock it out.

:chuckle: I wanted to taser all those people sitting down. that would at least get em' jumped up. haha.

probably'd get me thrown out though. not so good. :LOL:

I just settled for slapping them around with my hair when I headbanged. My brother said the people SITTING in front of me got smacked a few times. GOOD. Get offa' 'yer asses next time or GTFO!

Archived