Soo excited! It's so close and it's my birthday tomorrow so I guess I can say this is kinda a bday present. Best birthday present ever!!! :) Haha

Oh and I'm in GA and I'm only 4'8" so I was thinking of wearing my flip-flops that are like 3inches high and I know that might be the dumbest thing ever but I want to be able to see as much as possible because everytime I'm in GA it seems like there is someone that is like 6ft tall in front of me lol. Anyway I don't know if I'm going to wear them but it's a thought haha :D

:dance:

I am gonna be just getting there with like fifteen mins to spare bc my mom and boyfriend can't get out of work til five. So we won't be leaving til like five forty five and it takes like forty five mins to get tithe city.

=\

I wanted some time to soak it all in etc before the show starts.

I hope sspu puts on a decent opening act!

are you guys taking a camera to the show?

I am, but probably won't get any good pics, because it's just a crappy little Samsung.

Oh and I'm in GA and I'm only 4'8" so I was thinking of wearing my flip-flops that are like 3inches high and I know that might be the dumbest thing ever but I want to be able to see as much as possible because everytime I'm in GA it seems like there is someone that is like 6ft tall in front of me lol. Anyway I don't know if I'm going to wear them but it's a thought haha :D

Well, your toes might get smooshed. As long as that's ok, go for it! But, if you have any closed-toe shoes with some lift that might be a better idea. I'm not sure about Muse GA, but I've been in many GA areas and they've all been crazy unless you're all the way in back. Oh! Find a big strong man and sit on his shoulders :LOL: I know about the shortness, though...it bites at concerts sometimes...

Well, your toes might get smooshed. As long as that's ok, go for it! But, if you have any closed-toe shoes with some lift that might be a better idea. I'm not sure about Muse GA, but I've been in many GA areas and they've all been crazy unless you're all the way in back. Oh! Find a big strong man and sit on his shoulders :LOL: I know about the shortness, though...it bites at concerts sometimes...

oh I know I wish I had closed toes shoes that have that kind of lift. Only have heels and that would never work haha! When I went to an MCR concert the GA was pretty crazy. I was right where everyone was moshing! Almost got crushed hahah but I survived! I definitely don't want to stand all the way in the back though. I'll try to find a big strong guy and sit on his shoulders that would be pretty awesome :D

are you guys taking a camera to the show?

Yep, although I'm not sure how good my pictures will be. My camera isn't so great in the dark and a lot of my past concert pics have looked blurry as a result, although when I saw the Flaming Lips last year, the set was really well-lit and I was up close, so the pictures came out amazing. So I guess it'll all depend on that.

I'm thinking about hanging around outside the Museum. I just want a quick pic with them or an autograph before they go in/or as they're coming out. That would make my life!! Anyone else been thinking about doing that?

yeah me and my best friend were planning on doing that, but decided we wanted to stay in line, and hopefully wait after the show to try and meet them. :D

God, I hate it when people say that they are going to a gig with you, but then they say that they might not be able go, and they don't get back to you with a solid answer.

My friend told me last week that due to the winter storm she might not be able to make it, and she'd tell me by Friday what's going on. It's Monday morning already and she's not responding to anyone of my calls or e-mails.

So if anyone is interested on a GA ticket, send me a PM.

Here's the info from MuseBay

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=7436607&postcount=199

Hi Kate!!! Glad to see you on here!

Hey everyone this chica here is a true true fan and TOTALLY deserves to meet the lads - if you all could help her out with this conundrum of her somehow it would be awesome of you! :D

You're so sweet, I can hardly stand it. I want to know what "sweet surprise" you're bringing to the museum! :)

My stomach is in knots. I know I'm not going to get any sleep tonight (like a kid on christmas eve... except i've felt like that since last week!) I've been at work for 2 hours now and have hardly accomplished anything. Looks like I've got a LONGGGGG day ahead of me tomorrow, but AHHHHHH so worth it :D I've been listening to SSPU all weekend to try and familiarize myself with some of their stuff--they're pretty decent. I think I'll enjoy them quite a bit :)

New Born has been my favorite Muse song for years, and I'm fortunate that they've played it every time i've seen them--but I'd trade it out if I could get a little Dead Star added to the setlist. I feel like I NEED to see that song live and in person at least once.

I don't care, though. They could play filip on a loop the whole night (my least fave muse song, btw) and I'd be grinning like a fool. YAY! IT NEEDS TO BE TOMORROW NOW.

You're so sweet, I can hardly stand it. I want to know what "sweet surprise" you're bringing to the museum! :)

My stomach is in knots. I know I'm not going to get any sleep tonight (like a kid on christmas eve... except i've felt like that since last week!) I've been at work for 2 hours now and have hardly accomplished anything. Looks like I've got a LONGGGGG day ahead of me tomorrow, but AHHHHHH so worth it :D I've been listening to SSPU all weekend to try and familiarize myself with some of their stuff--they're pretty decent. I think I'll enjoy them quite a bit :)

New Born has been my favorite Muse song for years, and I'm fortunate that they've played it every time i've seen them--but I'd trade it out if I could get a little Dead Star added to the setlist. I feel like I NEED to see that song live and in person at least once.

I don't care, though. They could play filip on a loop the whole night (my least fave muse song, btw) and I'd be grinning like a fool. YAY! IT NEEDS TO BE TOMORROW NOW.

Hi Kate, How fantastic that you will get to meet Muse tomorrow! I can't speak for everyone, but if I was aware of your situation, and since I like living vicariously through others when something exiting like this happens (ex., Sue), I would not mind at all your running out to get your passes and coming back to your place. If it were me, I would make people in line and around me at the barrier aware of the situation. I would also ask the security guard in front of the barrier if I could possible exit and return over and in front along the barrier. Do you have an email or other documentation to show a security guard, and then they may consider it "official business." If you have to work your way from the back through hundreds of people to return to your spot, them I can't speak for, you may have to tell your story a hundred times to get back that way! Good luck!

Sue, you have a great time at the museum and the concert!!!

Everybody have a great time!

Hi Kate, How fantastic that you will get to meet Muse tomorrow! I can't speak for everyone, but if I was aware of your situation, and since I like living vicariously through others when something exiting like this happens (ex., Sue), I would not mind at all your running out to get your passes and coming back to your place. If it were me, I would make people in line and around me at the barrier aware of the situation. I would also ask the security guard in front of the barrier if I could possible exit and return over and in front along the barrier. Do you have an email or other documentation to show a security guard, and then they may consider it "official business." If you have to work your way from the back through hundreds of people to return to your spot, them I can't speak for, you may have to tell your story a hundred times to get back that way! Good luck!

Sue, you have a great time at the museum and the concert!!!

Everybody have a great time!

That was kind of my plan! To run and get my place and then as people file in around me say, "OK EVERYONE. I HAVE TO RUN OUT BUT I WILL BE BACK MOMENTARILY. PLEASE LET ME BACK IN. I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE THE ASS CRACK OF DAWN." I figure if i have my pass from the people as I work my way back in i can kind of flash it and go "sorry i have to get up there." hahaha. But I LOVE your idea about asking the security people if i can duck back in from the other side of the barrier. Can't hurt to ask, right? :) I'm starting to feel a bit better about it. My friend and her boyfriend are going to kind of spread out to cover where I'm standing while I'm gone so that'll help. I'll have space to get back to... it's just getting there. haha.

Wow, I just got a personal call from the Wachovia Center that one of the messages I left made it to a person in charge with the info we need on lining up for GA!

He said that the parking lots open at 8am. Parking usually costs $10-12 for concerts. The usual GA entrance is what they told me before, Broad Street side of stadium at smoking doors to the right of box office. We can start lining up at 8am when the parking lot opens, but will have to police ourselves until their employees go on duty at 11am. Then they will pass out wristbands to each person in line who has a GA ticket (one wristband per person per ticket) from there on. You have to stay in line for your spot. You cannot leave for the day and come back later to the front, like was allowed in Atlanta.

Also, contrary to what someone told me before, you cannot bring outside food or drinks onto the floor, probably not into the whole arena either.

And also contrary, but really good news, there will be lots of porta-potties available around the stadium and in the parking lots to use that day! Whew.

Wow, I just got a personal call from the Wachovia Center that one of the messages I left made it to a person in charge with the info we need on lining up for GA!

He said that the parking lots open at 8am. Parking usually costs $10-12 for concerts. The usual GA entrance is what they told me before, Broad Street side of stadium at smoking doors to the right of box office. We can start lining up at 8am when the parking lot opens, but will have to police ourselves until their employees go on duty at 11am. Then they will pass out wristbands to each person in line who has a GA ticket (one wristband per person per ticket) from there on. You have to stay in line for your spot. You cannot leave for the day and come back later to the front, like was allowed in Atlanta.

Also, contrary to what someone told me before, you cannot bring outside food or drinks onto the floor, probably not into the whole arena either.

And also contrary, but really good news, there will be lots of porta-potties available around the stadium and in the parking lots to use that day! Whew.

So everyone with a GA ticket gets a wristband? Because I won't be there until around 5:30 (because i cant skip school :( haha) and thats okay right that I can't get there until that time and I will get a wristband then correct? Sorry I don't know if that made much sense :$

Archived