I'm somewhat of a very shy person, but when I had my chance to meet muse when at SNL, I was absolutely star struck. I was literally like 2 feet away from Christ (he was walking pass me as I was waiting for the elevator) and I completely froze. D:

:chris:: I sympathize. But at least you can say you saw them up close! And what sucks too is that we know these guys are friendly and like meeting fans.

I don't know, man. Because I was standing outside the Welter Kerr Theater as they were doing rehearsals the night before the VMAs and Chris came out for a smoke. He saw that there was a small group of fans wanting to see them and he didn't even wave to us. Not only that, but after we stood around waiting till midnight (I got there at 5 PM, by the way), it turned out that they had snuck out the back door an hour ago! They can't come out to greet 5 people who have been standing outside for hours?

Sorry for my rant. I just never got over the fact that I stood outside for 7 hours just to have them sneak out the back. =/

I don't know, man. Because I was standing outside the Welter Kerr Theater as they were doing rehearsals the night before the VMAs and Chris came out for a smoke. He saw that there was a small group of fans wanting to see them and he didn't even wave to us. Not only that, but after we stood around waiting till midnight (I got there at 5 PM, by the way), it turned out that they had snuck out the back door an hour ago! They can't come out to greet 5 people who have been standing outside for hours?

Sorry for my rant. I just never got over the fact that I stood outside for 7 hours just to have them sneak out the back. =/

lets be fair though, a lot of you are tools

Reported for trolling/rudeness. Not that reporting it is likely to result in any mod-action whatsoever, but it's worth a try.

Incidentally, shadowkay, are you attending this show? Don't you normally hang out on Muse.mu... in Banter?

Is that important to you?

Reported for trolling/rudeness. Not that reporting it is likely to result in any mod-action whatsoever, but it's worth a try.

Incidentally, shadowkay, are you attending this show? Don't you normally hang out on Muse.mu... in Banter?

Are you saying that if I post in banter I cant post in the Main Muse section??

it's a shame you can't report people for being cunts.

Been there, done that. What happened to you happened to other fans, you know? Maybe if one of you came to talk with Chris, he wouldn't have ignored you... Just saying.

:facepalm:

Because you only post in MM and never in Banter perhaps? How is that relevant where a member spends most of their time on the board?

Are you saying that if I post in banter I cant post in the Main Muse section??

Not at all! But it is a documentable fact that many Banterers express precisely that sentiment about "MMers" posting and "spying" on Banter. See P. 1 of the "Banter 79" thread, for ex. [and I'm typing these in because the board format doesn't allow for quoting across fora]:

Post #4: "Fuck off main musers." -- ryanbmuff

Post #5: "Aren't welcome." -- sparkle19

Post #7: "Radiohead fans welcome, lol" -- Rage Kitty

(Granted, Rage Kitty was just cheerleading the others, and not directly insulting MMers him/herself. Still a part of the problem though and not part of the solution...)

Post #12: "Main Muse can fuck off.

They stole my stapler." -- Edzo

I put it to you that these sentiments, if expressed about any other subgroup of humanity (immigrants, homosexuals, women, blacks, Jews...) would be a bannable offense, probably on the first offense, and wouldn't be allowed to stand for a minute. So why then are posts like these standing unchallenged on the first page of the newest catch-all Banter thread? It's almost like a corporate mission statement with these people!

I warned Banterers harrassing me awhile back that I would start calling them on their crap, and I meant it. That's not starting a war; that's starting to fight back against a faction -- a fairly small clique, actually -- within Banter that's giving all of Banter a very bad name.

You have a nice day, now.

Not at all! But it is a documentable fact that many Banterers express precisely that sentiment about "MMers" posting and "spying" on Banter. See P. 1 of the "Banter 79" thread' date=' for ex. [and I'm typing these in because the board format doesn't allow for quoting across fora']:

(Granted, Rage Kitty was just cheerleading the others, and not directly insulting MMers him/herself. Still a part of the problem though and not part of the solution...)

I put it to you that these sentiments, if expressed about any other subgroup of humanity (immigrants, homosexuals, women, blacks, Jews...) would be a bannable offense, probably on the first offense, and wouldn't be allowed to stand for a minute. So why then are posts like these standing unchallenged on the first page of the newest catch-all Banter thread? It's almost like a corporate mission statement with these people!

I warned Banterers harrassing me awhile back that I would start calling them on their crap, and I meant it. That's not starting a war; that's starting to fight back against a faction -- a fairly small clique, actually -- within Banter that's giving all of Banter a very bad name.

I might get an infraction for that, but people like you who don't seem to be able to laugh at themselves make some banterers (and main musers) criticise main muse.

And please, learn the meaning of not taking things at face value. People can be joking and not mean what they say.

Not at all! But it is a documentable fact that many Banterers express precisely that sentiment about "MMers" posting and "spying" on Banter. See P. 1 of the "Banter 79" thread' date=' for ex. [and I'm typing these in because the board format doesn't allow for quoting across fora']:

I don't see why there is a need to group people as 'Banterers' or 'MainMusers' .. people can post in whatever section of the board they like. And that's exactly what I do.

Less of the generalisation is it.

Archived