Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is terrified. In the GA/Pit seats: know what to expect thread they were talking about having bruises from head to toe and even broken ribs. I'm going with my mom, who's 44. I can handle getting jostled, but I'm worried about my mom.:(

I don't think we'll have any broken ribs situations here. I mean, I don't think the crowds here will be as rowdy and rough as they are in Europe. It all depends on the people at the show, I suppose. If you're really worried though, maybe stand towards the back or middle of the GA floor where there's more room?

What TheStatusQuo suggested seems like a great idea too:)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is terrified. In the GA/Pit seats: know what to expect thread they were talking about having bruises from head to toe and even broken ribs. I'm going with my mom, who's 44. I can handle getting jostled, but I'm worried about my mom.:(

Ugh, don't scare me even further. I'm only 4 years younger than your mom! :stunned: Is she worried? Maybe she should read the "what to expect" thread. I def. believe in doing the research and planning for the worst. Usually I find that things are never as bad as I was expecting.

I guess aside from getting my ribs broken, I'm worried about assholes physically pushing me out of the way to run past me to get to the barrier, or trying to pull me off the barrier. Or not getting the barrier at all and then not being able to see AND getting pummeled.

She could stand in the back of the pit. Away from most of the intense pushing, and she'd still have a good view.

I'm not really too worried for myself. Maybe it's because I'm young and stupid. I saw Blink-182 over the summer; waited in line through rain, sunshine, and humidity for 6 hours; only to pass out. Then I went to the paramedics, felt better, and went back into the pit. My parents said I was stupid, but the kids I bummed into said I was dedicated...:LOL: But I've left shows with huge bruises, and aches, and pains. In retrospect it all ends up being worth it. :)

I started posting in this thread just so I could meet people to talk to. Since I'll be in line all by my lonesome most of the day.

Ugh, don't scare me even further. I'm only 4 years younger than your mom! :stunned: Is she worried? Maybe she should read the "what to expect" thread. I def. believe in doing the research and planning for the worst. Usually I find that things are never as bad as I was expecting.

I guess aside from getting my ribs broken, I'm worried about assholes physically pushing me out of the way to run past me to get to the barrier, or trying to pull me off the barrier. Or not getting the barrier at all and then not being able to see AND getting pummeled.

Once you have a secure spot on the barricade it's pretty rare people try and rip you off of it. In my experience at least.

Once you have a secure spot on the barricade it's pretty rare people try and rip you off of it. In my experience at least.

Me and aznaryl have had people try and pry us from the rail to take our spots at Muse shows. Maybe because we are short so people think they can push us aside but it isnt like they cant see over our heads. When they played at the Tabernacle it got pretty rough but I think it was because they had so many of us shoved onto the floor. There will be plenty more room in the arena. phew.

Just make nice with the guards in front of you. They will watch out for you. I've had quite a few guards save me from the grips of gate crashers.

Me and aznaryl have had people try and pry us from the rail to take our spots at Muse shows. Maybe because we are short so people think they can push us aside but it isnt like they cant see over our heads. When they played at the Tabernacle it got pretty rough but I think it was because they had so many of us shoved onto the floor. There will be plenty more room in the arena. phew.

Just make nice with the guards in front of you. They will watch out for you. I've had quite a few guards save me from the grips of gate crashers.

I was going to add something about security guards, but I've dealt with really nice ones that do protect me (I'm small too). Then I've had guys that are like "sorry, you signed up for this."

As long as you hold your own with people who are being assholes they normally back down. I've linked arms with people I was next to, and that seems to make them stop because it makes it harder for them to get through.

your mom can join me over on Chris' side, where people get mesmerized by the headbanging and chill out.

3 weeks from tomorrow!

I have never seen a mosh pit form on a barrier. Combine that with the fact that its a Muse show in 2010 and you guys will be fine.

Not that bad guys.

Right! There's normally at least one row of people between a mosh pit and the people on the barrier.

I am thinking about having some sort of afterparty.

A very indiscreet afterparty in which we trash the hotel room I begrudgingly paid for.

As far as the GA/Pit concerns go.

It comes down to having zero personal space and possibly getting bodychecked/tripped at most. Its super easy to avoid crowd surfers (the few there are) at arena shows.

People won't be throwing elbows or anything like that, there will not be a circle pit

This is officially the biggest multiquote I have ever made! :LOL:

As a kid, my parents would always wrap me in layers of clothing all over my body in order to protect me from the cold. This also conveniently protected me from any sort of punch, or elbowing.

I suggest this approach to protect your mother. :D

I'm thinking this could be a good use for bubble wrap :chuckle:

I didn't mean to scare you! I am actually pretty scared too, so at least we in it together! :awesome: Awww, you guys are BOTH young! I did send my mom the what to expect thread, and she watched HAARP and Seaside Rendezvous with me. She still seems all for it.

I am worried about the assholes too! I am not too big and a bit of a pushover :facepalm: I'm really worried about just being shoved aside so that someone can snatch my spot. Also, if I do end up a few rows back I am scared that I won't be able to see over the people in front of me.

I'm not really too worried for myself. Maybe it's because I'm young and stupid. I saw Blink-182 over the summer; waited in line through rain, sunshine, and humidity for 6 hours; only to pass out. Then I went to the paramedics, felt better, and went back into the pit. My parents said I was stupid, but the kids I bummed into said I was dedicated...:LOL: But I've left shows with huge bruises, and aches, and pains. In retrospect it all ends up being worth it. :)

I started posting in this thread just so I could meet people to talk to. Since I'll be in line all by my lonesome most of the day.

Oh wow! Did you pass out from not eating/drinking enough? I'm fretting over what time to start fluid restrictions.

I'm going to line up around 9. What time are you getting there?

your mom can join me over on Chris' side, where people get mesmerized by the headbanging and chill out.

3 weeks from tomorrow!

:chuckle: Yeah, she has a big crush on Chris, too! I suggested going to Chris' side, but I just have to head to Matt's side and she said she wanted to be with me.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could all kinda protect each other? I hope we get on/near the barrier. Like I said, I'm getting there at 9...I look for people to have camped out so that nothing short of 10:00 p.m. the night before could have scored me a spot on the barrier. :(

Archived