Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

I don't know usually the fans that get there early don't post on the boards, we've met the same people over and over again at shows, they are just as hardcore fans as people on .mu and a lot of them have been to insane amounts of shows too.

you can still make friends with the people around you! we did it all the time, just be sweet and friendly! :)

True, I agree it's unfair to cut the people who've been there for a long time. 10:00 isn't too bad, just have to bring a jacket. Atlanta in February is sure to be pretty chilly! ;)

Yeah, new friends are good, too. :) I'm just so excited! My friends think I'm crazily obsessed about this concert: they have no idea. :D

True, I agree it's unfair to cut the people who've been there for a long time. 10:00 isn't too bad, just have to bring a jacket. Atlanta in February is sure to be pretty chilly! ;)

Yeah, new friends are good, too. :) I'm just so excited! My friends think I'm crazily obsessed about this concert: they have no idea. :D

hahaha i know right, I think we decided we're going to get like the extreme weather camping blankets to battle out the cold!

We're all excited, it is Muse after allllllllll ;)

hahaha i know right, I think we decided we're going to get like the extreme weather camping blankets to battle out the cold!

We're all excited, it is Muse after allllllllll ;)

For real! Especially for the after-show stalk session. 10:00-ish in the morning isn't too bad because the sun's still shining (hopefully... it would be just our luck to have the whole thing wash out) and it tends to be alright. Night time on the other hand? Prepare for a serious wind chill. But that's ok! Oh, the things we do for Muse!!! :)

I remember at the mcr/muse gig so many people were ahead of me..but in the holding area i was in the center a few rows back...when they opened the curtain I RAN for it. I made it before so many other people...Second row center...and it took some time for people to realize they should RUN.

They will yell at you for running but once you get close enough you can slow down and they can't do anything.

Once the doors are open, does running count as line cutting, or is all pretense of courtesy pretty much out the window at that point?

I love how we're talking like the gig is tomorrow! :LOL:

I still need to know what time is best. I'm thinking the best I can possibly do is 9am.

Yeah, you should just aim for 9. Musers don't need sleep. Or just go to bed at 7 pm the night before.

9am or 12pm. like paper tiger said you have to run.

once they open the doors the line will turn into a mass.

I think you have to go down lots of stairs at Gwinnett to get to the floor so practice your 2 step.

Yeah that's true it depends how the venue decides to let people in. Usually you wait outside the doors. The line you up in two or three lines. Then they let you in as soon as they checked you and your ticket...If you are a lady seriously DO NOT TAKE A PURSE [it slows us all down] oh and don't take a switchblade knife either :rolleyes: (some idiot had a knife at the gig and said "uh what do I do w/ this?"...no lie,

Anyway,,,Most venues have stairs...Run carefully down the stairs!

Then you have a stop point. There will be several security people keeping the GA on lockdown. You have to wait until they have been radio'd to say that the fans can be released. Once you are released run like a mad person and make sure you do not trip on yourself or someone else :awesome:

Once the doors are open, does running count as line cutting, or is all pretense of courtesy pretty much out the window at that point?

Yeah, you should just aim for 9. Musers don't need sleep. Or just go to bed at 7 pm the night before.

courtesy is out the window. Everyone is going to run like hell at that point. Plus the people who got their hella early will be first at the holding area anyway so just be the first to jet for the barrier.

Once the doors open it is every man for himself. Seriously if someone is taking their sweet time or just walking they are getting the "excuse me" brush aside.

Yeah, but we do need to try and visit with each other before. Not necessarily let each other cut line, but just kinda gather around and disperse when the doors open. Is that better?

Oh that will be easy. Before they line everyone up most people are scattered about and walking around. You mark your place with a jacket or something...no one will jack your spot at that point.

Everyone chit-chats, grabs food, goes potty and then once it's 2 or 3 hours before that's when everyone is afraid to move from their spot...lol

Okay, so while we're planning ahead, if someone wants to buy merch is there still usually some available after the gig? Normally I have seats, so I have time to browse prior. Obviously this time I won't be doing that, nor would I have anywhere to stow anything. And no, I def. won't take a purse. Probably just my camera, some chapstick, and a kleenex. Oh, and my spare car key. And a credit card. Oh fuck. :facepalm:

Okay, so while we're planning ahead, if someone wants to buy merch is there still usually some available after the gig? Normally I have seats, so I have time to browse prior. Obviously this time I won't be doing that, nor would I have anywhere to stow anything. And no, I def. won't take a purse. Probably just my camera, some chapstick, and a kleenex. Oh, and my spare car key. And a credit card. Oh fuck. :facepalm:

They usually have a merch table outside way before the gig. You can stand in that line early and grab your stuff and then jet back to spot by the doors. Just hold onto the merch. Unless you're getting a lot of stuff then I don't maybe just walk back to your car? Only worry about your spot being snatched in-line once it gets to 3 hours prior to doors opening.

They usually still have merch after the gig. Tour-date shirts shouldn't be a problem though

Oh that will be easy. Before they line everyone up most people are scattered about and walking around. You mark your place with a jacket or something...no one will jack your spot at that point.

Everyone chit-chats, grabs food, goes potty and then once it's 2 or 3 hours before that's when everyone is afraid to move from their spot...lol

That's what I was thinking. It will still be a party. I was kinda figuring we'd probably loose each other inside because it will just be too crazy. Except we have to hook back up for the SS mosh of course.

Im starting to get really paranoid about this thing. Im definitely planning on getting there really early with a few friends of mine. Ive never done this before (lining up early and all to get ridiculous good spots). I've only had ga at small venues where it didn't matter so much. Every big show I've had seats. And the last (and first time) i saw muse was at the u2 show and i was way up in the nosebleed so this time i definitely want to be close, so i can actually see them as more than a blur. Im reading some of what you guys are talking about and i have no idea what goes down. I need an instruction manual or something lol. Im getting nervous.. Oh and my names Josh, ill probably be on this thread quite a bit between now and then, i haven"t posted a whole lot yet. On top of all this im so beyond excited!

and BEWARE people who do not post on the boards or people who lurk the boards and just plain assholes will mingle around the front of the line when its close to door time, have everyone around you speak up and cause a scene because they WILL skip you, they have no hearts hahah, from experience of past Muse shows

Im starting to get really paranoid about this thing. Im definitely planning on getting there really early with a few friends of mine. Ive never done this before (lining up early and all to get ridiculous good spots). I've only had ga at small venues where it didn't matter so much. Every big show I've had seats. And the last (and first time) i saw muse was at the u2 show and i was way up in the nosebleed so this time i definitely want to be close, so i can actually see them as more than a blur. Im reading some of what you guys are talking about and i have no idea what goes down. I need an instruction manual or something lol. Im getting nervous.. Oh and my names Josh, ill probably be on this thread quite a bit between now and then, i haven"t posted a whole lot yet. On top of all this im so beyond excited!

look back a few pages...we have plenty of tips :happy:

They usually have a merch table outside way before the gig. You can stand in that line early and grab your stuff and then jet back to spot by the doors. Just hold onto the merch. Unless you're getting a lot of stuff then I don't maybe just walk back to your car? Only worry about your spot being snatched in-line once it gets to 3 hours prior to doors opening.

Oh, that's awesome! I'd probably just go back to my car. At least the parking's a breeze there. It's kinda just like parking at a mall.

and BEWARE people who do not post on the boards or people who lurk the boards and just plain assholes will mingle around the front of the line when its close to door time, have everyone around you speak up and cause a scene because they WILL skip you, they have no hearts hahah, from experience of past Muse shows

SO TRUE! Yeah definitely keep an eye out for those place snatchers!

Archived