Yeah. damn why can't i be at the right place sometimes.

mattsi8.jpg

Muse are in Thailand now, according to rumours...

http://www.muselive.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=28351&d=30

Crazy_mary, miele, I'll probably c u guys tmr at bkk!

omg i'm so jealous of that nick dude who had a drink with muse, on their tab! arggh. got a clearer scan of that? lol i wanna read the article :$

is mikeadyla going to thailand too?

the thread is gonna be soooo quiet..

Oops sory Deb i've deleted the pic from my thumbdrive...:ohmy: I got it scanned at work heh heh... but i've copied for you the text by Hyper on ML. Anyway i don't think mikeadyla is going to Thailand..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy says the English rock trio is on a stopover here so he could buy rugs from Arab Street

THERE'S something about Matt Bellamy that endears him to you the moment he says 'hello'.

Bearing no rock-star airs, the 29-year-old frontman of the English rock trio Muse immediately engages you in friendly banter, transfixing you with his piercing blue eyes.

Speaking to Life! in an exclusive interview at a business lounge in Raffles The Plaza earlier this month, he is relaxed and chirpy - a stark contrast to his intense and energetic onstage persona.

Bellamy and drummer Dominic Howard, 30, were in town on a four-day stopover enroute to Australia for gigs there as part of their current world tour.

Bassist Chris Wolstenholme, 29, was in Britain and planned to meet his bandmates in Australia.

Formed in 1997 in Devon, England, the band had performed here for the first time in January to a massive crowd of more than 7,000 people at Fort Canning Park.

Their fourth and latest studio release, Black Holes And Revelations, topped the music charts in Britain, Europe and Australia when it was released last year and has sold over two million copies worldwide.

He is the son of George Bellamy, rhythm guitarist for 1960s British rock group The Tornados, and currently lives in Italy with his psychologist girlfriend Gaia Polloni, 26.

He gives Life! an update on himself and the band.

1. What brings you guys here again?

I wanted to buy some Kashmiri rugs for my house. In England, it costs thousands of pounds to buy one, so after this interview, I'm going to Arab Street to buy five rugs. Also, we just wanted to recuperate because I don't like doing two plane rides on the same day.

2. What was your impression of Singapore from your debut performance?

That show was crazy. It was a very nice compliment and surprise to see so many people at the concert. We went to a few bars last night and we met some people who recognised us. We feel very welcome here.

3. What is it about your live shows that dazzle audiences?

When we go on stage, we try to do the things that we want to see if we are in the crowd. For that reason, we give our all and we've learnt not to be shy and not be afraid to do extreme things musically.

4. Keyboardist-bassist Morgan Nicholls is accompanying the band on the current world tour. Has he become a permanent member of the band?

We don't know actually. He's a really cool guy to hang out with and I think he'll be touring with us in the future. He is a very good studio engineer. I don't think we need any new musical assistance in the studio but maybe we could use him as an engineer.

5. In June, crew and members of both Muse and My Chemical Romance (who will perform here on Dec 11) were stricken with food poisoning while on tour together in the United States. What happened?

That was a disaster. I think we (Muse) were the only people who didn't have food poisoning. We felt like we were in the film 28 Days Later... because we went to the venue and everyone was sick and we were the only people who were healthy. The concert was not even being set up because all the crew members were on the floor.

6. Your music has a lot of references to Mars and Cydonia. Where does your obsession stem from?

I read this book about archaeological scientists who had viewed the Giza pyramids. On Mars, in an area called Cydonia, there appears to be small pyramid remains, which have a similar pattern to the Giza pyramids.

The remains also suggest the pyramids here might have a link to those on Mars. I like the idea that we have come from somewhere else.

7. You have a new album in the works. What will it sound like?

To be honest, we've not recorded anything yet. There are a few ideas which we've explored but we've not really had a chance to record yet because we're touring so much. Musically, it's difficult to say. I'd like to keep it unpredictable at the moment.

8. Complete this sentence. If I could live my life all over again...

I would like to be fluent in many languages. I'm embarrassed that I can speak only English.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arab Street is one of the cool places in Singapore where you can have a nice meal at the many Mid-eastern cafes and restaurants. Didn't know they sell nice rugs there though. There's also a cool jamming studio there. Imagine Matt and Dom paying the place a visit. But that place is too emo for them anyway.

Oops sory Deb i've deleted the pic from my thumbdrive...:ohmy: I got it scanned at work heh heh... but i've copied for you the text by Hyper on ML. Anyway i don't think mikeadyla is going to Thailand..

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy says the English rock trio is on a stopover here so he could buy rugs from Arab Street

THERE'S something about Matt Bellamy that endears him to you the moment he says 'hello'.

Bearing no rock-star airs, the 29-year-old frontman of the English rock trio Muse immediately engages you in friendly banter, transfixing you with his piercing blue eyes.

Speaking to Life! in an exclusive interview at a business lounge in Raffles The Plaza earlier this month, he is relaxed and chirpy - a stark contrast to his intense and energetic onstage persona.

Bellamy and drummer Dominic Howard, 30, were in town on a four-day stopover enroute to Australia for gigs there as part of their current world tour.

Bassist Chris Wolstenholme, 29, was in Britain and planned to meet his bandmates in Australia.

Formed in 1997 in Devon, England, the band had performed here for the first time in January to a massive crowd of more than 7,000 people at Fort Canning Park.

Their fourth and latest studio release, Black Holes And Revelations, topped the music charts in Britain, Europe and Australia when it was released last year and has sold over two million copies worldwide.

He is the son of George Bellamy, rhythm guitarist for 1960s British rock group The Tornados, and currently lives in Italy with his psychologist girlfriend Gaia Polloni, 26.

He gives Life! an update on himself and the band.

1. What brings you guys here again?

I wanted to buy some Kashmiri rugs for my house. In England, it costs thousands of pounds to buy one, so after this interview, I'm going to Arab Street to buy five rugs. Also, we just wanted to recuperate because I don't like doing two plane rides on the same day.

2. What was your impression of Singapore from your debut performance?

That show was crazy. It was a very nice compliment and surprise to see so many people at the concert. We went to a few bars last night and we met some people who recognised us. We feel very welcome here.

3. What is it about your live shows that dazzle audiences?

When we go on stage, we try to do the things that we want to see if we are in the crowd. For that reason, we give our all and we've learnt not to be shy and not be afraid to do extreme things musically.

4. Keyboardist-bassist Morgan Nicholls is accompanying the band on the current world tour. Has he become a permanent member of the band?

We don't know actually. He's a really cool guy to hang out with and I think he'll be touring with us in the future. He is a very good studio engineer. I don't think we need any new musical assistance in the studio but maybe we could use him as an engineer.

5. In June, crew and members of both Muse and My Chemical Romance (who will perform here on Dec 11) were stricken with food poisoning while on tour together in the United States. What happened?

That was a disaster. I think we (Muse) were the only people who didn't have food poisoning. We felt like we were in the film 28 Days Later... because we went to the venue and everyone was sick and we were the only people who were healthy. The concert was not even being set up because all the crew members were on the floor.

6. Your music has a lot of references to Mars and Cydonia. Where does your obsession stem from?

I read this book about archaeological scientists who had viewed the Giza pyramids. On Mars, in an area called Cydonia, there appears to be small pyramid remains, which have a similar pattern to the Giza pyramids.

The remains also suggest the pyramids here might have a link to those on Mars. I like the idea that we have come from somewhere else.

7. You have a new album in the works. What will it sound like?

To be honest, we've not recorded anything yet. There are a few ideas which we've explored but we've not really had a chance to record yet because we're touring so much. Musically, it's difficult to say. I'd like to keep it unpredictable at the moment.

8. Complete this sentence. If I could live my life all over again...

I would like to be fluent in many languages. I'm embarrassed that I can speak only English.

Arab Street is one of the cool places in Singapore where you can have a nice meal at the many Mid-eastern cafes and restaurants. Didn't know they sell nice rugs there though. There's also a cool jamming studio there. Imagine Matt and Dom paying the place a visit. But that place is too emo for them anyway.

Thx for the article :)

Cant believe they stopped by! :(

Nutcracker, this is not helping, but I would so strangle myself if they were in Msia for 4 days and I didnt meet them! How must u feel?

Help! Need clues on where to find Muse in Bangkok. Well maybe not if they were in Phuket. But tomorrows the gig day, so mega withdrawal symptoms....:LOL:

*goes into denial mode* Tomorrow I will wake up and Muse will perform @ Bangkok Hall!

no, i'm not going to thailand.. :(

good luck if you guys go muse hunting though! you should find them in phuket / bangkok!

edit : muse should be at bangkok! you guys should just go to the wireless road and check out the concert venue, just in case lah muse decided to check out that place :p

i would have been devastated if muse were here in malaysia, and i was sleeping my ass off at home or something

Eh, our meetup in KL jadik eh?

We had a wonderful time @ Bangkok meetup btw. Thanks guys for coming!

Ann if u read this we paray for February n hope we get to see u in the future.

ohhh, 1 december? i might be able to make it.. er :$ tell me the plans again?

edit : er, how do i go to OU via public transport?

If I'm not wrong, the plan is 11 am at OU, er donno where exactly. U take LRT to Kelana Jaya then take the designated RapidKL bus / taxi to OU.

Or you can be like me and request that Faz pick u up at some agreed LRT station :D

Ppl, anyone bringing a laptop etc for us to upload photos to Yus / Dom bday project? or are we not doing that?

Deb u coming right? Have u explained to yr parents that we're not weirdos? :LOL:

If I'm not wrong, the plan is 11 am at OU, er donno where exactly. U take LRT to Kelana Jaya then take the designated RapidKL bus / taxi to OU.

Or you can be like me and request that Faz pick u up at some agreed LRT station :D

Ppl, anyone bringing a laptop etc for us to upload photos to Yus / Dom bday project? or are we not doing that?

Deb u coming right? Have u explained to yr parents that we're not weirdos? :LOL:

oooh, can ah? *puppy eye look at kak faz*.. i can meet u wherever u're picking up miele..

i can volunteer a laptop..

by the way, brought us any souvenirs from bangkok? at the very least, bring back those damn flyers or something ;)

Appologies.....I cannot squeeze in 11am at OU tomorow, need to go off earlier tomorrow for the wedding (it's at Putrajaya)

Debbie, I'm so sorry I couldn't pass u yr poster tomorrow, but since u are staying in BU, it's not so far from my place (TTDI), I'd be able to pass it to u later

Faz, I'll meet up with you another time yah...DVD still in its Virgin Megastore recycled paper wrappings ;)

Have fun tomorrow ;)

i saw the bangkok thread, you guys looked and sounded like you had a lot of fun! damn i cant believe i missed out on the picture and video and everything la :( dom's my favourite summore :'(

but really, i dont get it, where did that setlist come from? you went clubbing? or is all of it some inside joke that i'm not aware of? lol. :$

aww bless u deb. :LOL:

it was all a joke as a form of theraphy. if we (miele and myself) didn't do that we would be sulking and depressed during our bangkok trip. :( so yeah.. miele and i made up our own setlist and feitan and ann just went along with it with that clubbing joke. i don't even drink.. so how can i go clubbing? lol..

yes, the meet up was really fun esp the part where we were setting up the place and lighting up the candle in this cafe at KSR. haha... we didn't really care what other people were thinking about us at the time. :D

aww bless u deb. :LOL:

it was all a joke as a form of theraphy. if we (miele and myself) didn't do that we would be sulking and depressed during our bangkok trip. :( so yeah.. miele and i made up our own setlist and feitan and ann just went along with it with that clubbing joke. i don't even drink.. so how can i go clubbing? lol..

yes, the meet up was really fun esp the part where we were setting up the place and lighting up the candle in this cafe at KSR. haha... we didn't really care what other people were thinking about us at the time. :D

aww,u guys really had fun..

ah,so the meetup is cancelled then? maybe next time :happy:

You know KSR is way cooler than suan lum night bazaar! Even though the latter has a beautiful aura or whatever. What a cool place to hold a show eh? Crazy_mary and miele, you guys sure know how to get around Bkk with the mrt lol. Thanks for the poster... i'll think about hanging it somewhere in the room :D.