Joelyn, YAY then we can watch together-geder but at different places heheh :happy:

Auntie Faz, Well there's not much to comb, considering the fact that I have 1 cm of hair! :LOL:

Nut & Auntie Faz, Hahaha its Chris Martin of Coldplay!

Lol, I would gladly take that healing drum beat. Bound to cure. :LOL::D

Aida: Thank u for my 'instigating' u to kena halau by LAME izzit? :LOL: Eh soundcheck got 10

songs rite? Where's my lunyai piece of paper again aboutthe soundcheck again, hehe.

Thanks for ur great report, really flashback-inducing la.

My fav moment: before the acoustic set when JDB said: "sometimes it's just a man, his guitar

and his feelings"...Aaaargh cair sial. Sorry Aida u had to listen to all my fangirliness :$

Bangkok:Still saspen la. Asked KTMB the trains are still functioning cam biasa. Aida also

gave me links to the offic website, still no news of cancellation. maybe I'll just e-

mail or something. The prob tu the flight situation. My Thai friend (remember

Pueng?) said that Khao San and the concert area is pretty safe, since near the

military are i.e. no demonstrators berani buat kacau there. But have to discuss

with my parents 1st, havent decided yet.

Malang betul la dgn Bangkok gigs ni, 1st Muse now this :stunned:

Twillight: when u kids go to watch it, please do update us of whether Muse is played

during the film? That may influence us oldies to watch it :p

Meetup: Lets go ice skating! And someof us have been trying to get Nut to come over

around the 28th onwards, so maybe meetup then?

Otherwise maybe RTW8 before that on the 20th?

Finally, what do u guys think of this:

Question: Would you ever consider letting Chris take the lead vocals on a song/b-side?

Answer: Yes, I would like that.Always fancied playing a few more complex guitar patterns while someone else sings.Singing and playing at the same time has its drawbacks. Matt.

Me likey very much. Chris = awesome + Matt going batshit at the guitar = WIN

Edited by miele

Twillight: when u kids go to watch it, please do update us of whether Muse is played

during the film? That may influence us oldies to watch it :p

Meetup: Lets go ice skating! And someof us have been trying to get Nut to come over

around the 28th onwards, so maybe meetup then?

Otherwise maybe RTW8 before that on the 20th?

OF COURSE THERE'S MUSE ON TWILIGHT BAYBEH!!!!!!!!

supermassive black hole + baseball scene = *faints* !!!!!!

awww a meetup sounds fun. i've never met any of you guys and would love to :happy:

Hi, this is non-Muse related, sorry.

Most pix are copied from the girl in the pic (not me :p)

Soundcheck

32.jpg

Setlist. This setlist is missing Everlasting (acoustic). Btw, the HK setlist came out already, exactly the same as S'pore, minus Everlasting.

setlist.jpg

Now Miele, u remember this girl right? I wish I was as brave as her! She met up with the band after the soundcheck

Her with Nicky

34.jpg

James

31.jpg

Sean

33.jpg

James on guitar

james.jpg

James acoustic

P1000526.jpg

Nicky on bass

18.jpg

James & Nicky

13.jpg

James again

14.jpg

Btw, sad news regarding Richey, the missing member of Manics since 1995, is now legally declared dead. Read here

Edited by weresodisco

Soundcheck

32.jpg

Setlist. This setlist is missing Everlasting (acoustic). Btw, the HK setlist came out already, exactly the same as S'pore, minus Everlasting.

setlist.jpg

Now Miele, u remember this girl right? I wish I was as brave as her! She met up with the band after the soundcheck

Her with Nicky

34.jpg

James

31.jpg

Sean

33.jpg

James on guitar

james.jpg

James acoustic

P1000526.jpg

Nicky on bass

18.jpg

James & Nicky

13.jpg

James again

14.jpg

Btw, sad news regarding Richey, the missing member of Manics since 1995, is now legally declared dead. Read here

AWESOME PICCCCSSSS!

it's officially confirmed that Bangkok Rock is cancelled :(

Read here

Is it? Ah meh...sucks...

Was gonna go there..because of it..my flights been cancelled for 2 days now*sighs*

wow. so many posts to read (you guys went for soundcheck!!!) and to comment!

unfortunately I only have so much time left online at the moment I only have enough to drop by and say that, I just came back from a Twilight screening!

IT WAS SO BADDDD. So so sorry twilighters, but it really wasn't my cup of tea (anymore) and HOW THE HELL CAN THEY NOT EVEN ... EXPLAIN ABOUT TWILIGHT BEING EDWARD'S FAVOURITE TIME OF THE DAY!? :( That was my fav part of the book! Good heavens. You don't call a movie Australia if it's not about Australia or something :-/

Ok, maybe I'm being a little too harsh on the movie considering the fact that I did put rather high expectations for this movie... I went in there thinking I would have plenty of eye candy from the Cullens but ehhhhh the Carlisle in my head didn't turn out to be true, Jasper looks stoned, Emmet didn't really rub off as an elder brother kind of person but more like a ... hmm I can't put the word in my head at the moment. But yeah, Edward. He has REALLY pretty hands (ONE PART TO NOTE: when Edward and Bella are talking about how Carlisle turned him into a vampire, the both of them were squatting down in a clearing of a jungle or whatever and Edward had to stretch his fingers right there and then :D very sexy hands!!). That's all I can say, and should say, before I start commenting about his lipstick. Which certainly didn't do him any good with his acting skills. Or that sparkling scene.

Hmmm don't even get me started with Bella...

and the many many conversations between the both of them that they totally omitted. Instead they included a lot of unnecessary quiet stares that - although I know it fits the characters they play - but I felt that if they actually talked, argued and laughed like how they did in the book, that would've been a better portrayal (Port Angeles car talk scene, anyone?)

The camera positions for the film as well as the direction certainly wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Howeverr, it was definitely super massive awesome that they played almost the whole Muse song during the baseball scene though! It made me all excited (only time in the movie, I swear). I'm not sure what would've happened if they did not put that song in. It would cripple the movie! haha.

Well okay, to give a little dignity back to the movie, the final James fight scene did get more upbeat but just like the book - it was really short lived.

Oh and finally ... Bella's Lullaby! I adore that piano scene (hello, ample hand shots!) but the lullaby itself ... they didn't even explain what it was and that Edward was inspired to write that piece because of Bella T_T I'm not exactly too fond of it... ok I admit it has that mysterious creepy thing going on, but how can that piece not end in a perfect cadence?! I liked the middle part where it becomes "major notes" sounding but just right before it ended, it was in a minor key again. Boo.

If only Matt got around to write it ... *whistles*

Wow sorry I went on pretty far about it huh? Trust me though, that's not the only parts I feel like getting off my chest. I may just change my thoughts on the movie after I digest everything down properly... But wanna hear the best part?!

After the movie, I went in the car, and Starlight was just playing on Hitz.fm. About 40 seconds after the song ended, I changed the channel and to my surprise, Starlight was also just beginning on Traxx.fm! Talk about being dazzled and amused! :LOL:

unfortunately I only have so much time left online at the moment I only have enough to drop by and say that, I just came back from a Twilight screening!

IT WAS SO BADDDD. So so sorry twilighters, but it really wasn't my cup of tea (anymore) and HOW THE HELL CAN THEY NOT EVEN ... EXPLAIN ABOUT TWILIGHT BEING EDWARD'S FAVOURITE TIME OF THE DAY!? :( That was my fav part of the book! Good heavens. You don't call a movie Australia if it's not about Australia or something :-/

Ok, maybe I'm being a little too harsh on the movie considering the fact that I did put rather high expectations for this movie... I went in there thinking I would have plenty of eye candy from the Cullens but ehhhhh the Carlisle in my head didn't turn out to be true, Jasper looks stoned, Emmet didn't really rub off as an elder brother kind of person but more like a ... hmm I can't put the word in my head at the moment. But yeah, Edward. He has REALLY pretty hands (ONE PART TO NOTE: when Edward and Bella are talking about how Carlisle turned him into a vampire, the both of them were squatting down in a clearing of a jungle or whatever and Edward had to stretch his fingers right there and then :D very sexy hands!!). That's all I can say, and should say, before I start commenting about his lipstick. Which certainly didn't do him any good with his acting skills. Or that sparkling scene.

Hmmm don't even get me started with Bella...

and the many many conversations between the both of them that they totally omitted. Instead they included a lot of unnecessary quiet stares that - although I know it fits the characters they play - but I felt that if they actually talked, argued and laughed like how they did in the book, that would've been a better portrayal (Port Angeles car talk scene, anyone?)

The camera positions for the film as well as the direction certainly wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Howeverr, it was definitely super massive awesome that they played almost the whole Muse song during the baseball scene though! It made me all excited (only time in the movie, I swear). I'm not sure what would've happened if they did not put that song in. It would cripple the movie! haha.

Well okay, to give a little dignity back to the movie, the final James fight scene did get more upbeat but just like the book - it was really short lived.

Oh and finally ... Bella's Lullaby! I adore that piano scene (hello, ample hand shots!) but the lullaby itself ... they didn't even explain what it was and that Edward was inspired to write that piece because of Bella T_T I'm not exactly too fond of it... ok I admit it has that mysterious creepy thing going on, but how can that piece not end in a perfect cadence?! I liked the middle part where it becomes "major notes" sounding but just right before it ended, it was in a minor key again. Boo.

If only Matt got around to write it ... *whistles*

Wow sorry I went on pretty far about it huh? Trust me though, that's not the only parts I feel like getting off my chest. I may just change my thoughts on the movie after I digest everything down properly... But wanna hear the best part?!

After the movie, I went in the car, and Starlight was just playing on Hitz.fm. About 40 seconds after the song ended, I changed the channel and to my surprise, Starlight was also just beginning on Traxx.fm! Talk about being dazzled and amused! :LOL:

awww you should've put all of your high expectations behind before you watch the movie. you must not expect that a book-to-film movie will be exactly or, well, almost exactly like that book. If you do those two, i'm sure you will at least be satisfied. i know i was :D watched it twice yesterday and gonna go see it again n again!

i LOVE the part in the very end where they showed Victoria all red-eyed but beautifully dressed and then, as she was releasing all the wrath that was her hair and walked down the stairs, 15 Steps came on! it totally caught me off guard. it was wicked awesome!! (to me, at least lol) :D :D :D :D :D

*already suffering from withdrawal* :(

Edited by melwhoops

Is it? Ah meh...sucks...

Was gonna go there..because of it..my flights been cancelled for 2 days now*sighs*

:eek: Grace...first you had to miss Ash at Singapore Beer Festival...now Bangkok...I feel so sorry for you. :(

But I'm not even sure if I can still go to Thailand next month, because of what's going on currently.

Auntie Faz, Well there's not much to comb, considering the fact that I have 1 cm of hair!

Lol, I would gladly take that healing drum beat. Bound to cure.

ooh Little GI Jane eh? lol.. yeah.. Dr Dom and his healing drum beat will surely make u feel loads better.

Most pix are copied from the girl in the pic (not me :p)

Nicky on bass

18.jpg

oh wow. interesting mic stand. i don't understand. why is Rickey needs to be legally declared dead? what happened to him?

Oh dear I'm so sorry Miele, it's officially confirmed that Bangkok Rock is cancelled :(

Read here

:(:( so sorry miele and grace. *hugs* damn those PAD supporters! well, i actually have no right to say that since it's their country not mine.

awww you should've put all of your high expectations behind before you watch the movie. you must not expect that a book-to-film movie will be exactly or, well, almost exactly like that book. If you do those two, i'm sure you will at least be satisfied. i know i was :D watched it twice yesterday and gonna go see it again n again!

i LOVE the part in the very end where they showed Victoria all red-eyed but beautifully dressed and then, as she was releasing all the wrath that was her hair and walked down the stairs, 15 Steps came on! it totally caught me off guard. it was wicked awesome!! (to me, at least lol) :D :D :D :D :D

*already suffering from withdrawal* :(

i went to see the movie without any expectation coz i knew that there is no way a movie can equal the book. my friend was feeling the same way as Liz. she is obsessed with the book and Robert Pattinson (Twilight fans, at first i thought he was not suitable to play Edward at all but now i changed my mind lol) but yeah my thoughts:

i thought the movie was ok. was hoping for something better but it didn't turn out too bad to me. but i have to agree with some of the things that Liz pointed out. The Cullens didn't look as gorgeous as they supposed to be in the book or as the way i imagined 'em to be. Jacob looked too young and cute to me -- i can't even imagined how he's going to look like once he becomes a werewolf. Edward was obviously wearing a lipstick hehe..

but anyways, i wish the movie is more developed as i feel some parts of the film were left hanging without any further explanations. i didn't feel the intense emotions that both edward and bella feel in the book. the baseball scene is definitely my favourite. i seriously freaked out once i heard the very familiar intro of SMBH --and i agree, Liz, they almost played the whole song!! --that my friend had to calm me down. i wish matt, dom or chris could make a cameo appearance in the next movie! :LOL: oh did u guys noticed Stephanie Mayer herself was in the movie? well, my friend thought so la..

oh yeah.. i was surprised to hear 15 Steps as the credits rolled! i didn't know Radiohead was in the soundtrack! :D

Edited by crazy_mary

:eek: Grace...first you had to miss Ash at Singapore Beer Festival...now Bangkok...I feel so sorry for you. :(

But I'm not even sure if I can still go to Thailand next month, because of what's going on currently.

Aww..hugs Tee..it's alright.Safety first before anything else.I did try to had my flight rebooked and rebooked...been texting the ticketing office for days now..but I'm gonna give up now..since there's a very slim chance at the moment that everything in Thailand would be back to normal.

Ash should go to HongKong:eyebrows: should make a thread on that on the ash forum:D

Hmm..you got to make sure everything had calm down back there before you go.

Richey: Long story short, he behaved erratically and went missing a certain amount of years ago and was never heard from again. The time span now means he is legally declared dead :(

Thanks Faz *hugs back*. Yeah pretty much resigned to the fact that wont get to see Ash anytime soon. Last they came to SG Raya la pulak :p:(

Me+ gigs in Bangkok = disaster la so far. That's it. Nut I guess u'll be seeing a lot more of me in SG :p

Achi is right la. More importantly I hope everyone in Bangkok will be alright, things will brighten up. I've e-mailed my friend Pueng and she's slightly scared, especially with the uncertainty. I thought of ann_chun as well.

Roar, cant be arsed to multiquote 3 pages of posts.

kak faz yeah i'm glad Arsenal won! Hopefully Fabregas makes a better captain than Gallas eh? :D

about twilight, i wrote this super long post on my blog about the movie, but i'll just cut it short here la

i thought it was pretty awful. mostly because I had high expectations la, so its my fault at that. but it got MUUUCH better in the end, and i'm happy about that :)

the first part with the biology.. edward acted HORRIBLY. he was supposed to look absolutely pissed off at bella, but instead he looked sick, and .. awkward. almost TOO awkward. I seriously felt like the movie was a parody to the book during that scene.

it slowly got better though. the baseball scene was my favourite! i think when he finally saved her from the scumbags in Port Angeles, was when the movie got better and better. I loved the ballet scene part too. and i love Alice! she's so cute, and she's absolutely gorgeous. i think she's even prettier than rosalie. jasper quite cute la, when he played baseball. when he had his 'pain' stoner face on, then he looks damn weird.

Also, did anyone notice that you can so obviously see that Edward is wearing contact lenses? You can see that ring thing around his eyes. SO obvious. I was damn annoyed, summore when bella asked him whether he wore contacts, he said no, i'm like thinking 'LIAR!'

and yeah i noticed Steph Meyer's cameo. very M Night Syamalan-like. :chuckle:

I have more to say.. but it'll be too long la. I dont want to ramble. later noone read my post. lol :$

EDIT:

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION. they censored one scene in the movies.. one VERY IMPORTANT SCENE. GROAR. damn angry. :mad:

Edited by mynameisdebbie

OH. My. GOD.

The Prodigy are coming here in Feb.

OH. MY. GOD.

http://www.lamcproductions.com/lamc/article/upcoming+acts/big+night+out

Miele sorry about Bangkok man.... Haiyo... Looks like you might follow Korndamned's footsteps, only u cancel out Bangkok instead! Anytime you come here i'll hang out with you hahaha.:D

And im still looking for any local paper reviews of the gig so you guys hold on ok...

Kak Faz: OK I'll just call you that lah! No problem!

OH MY GOD im still so excited about Prodigy.

Oh yah Deb maybe you can try watching Twilight here again, who knows maybe they don't censor that part. What was it about anyway? lol!

OH. My. GOD.

OH. MY. GOD.

Miele sorry about Bangkok man.... Haiyo... Looks like you might follow Korndamned's footsteps, only u cancel out Bangkok instead! Anytime you come here i'll hang out with you hahaha.:D

And im still looking for any local paper reviews of the gig so you guys hold on ok...

Oh yah Deb maybe you can try watching Twilight here again, who knows maybe they don't censor that part. What was it about anyway? lol!

OMG. THE TING TINGS. I only know like 2 songs from The Prodigy, sorry cant share your enthusiasm :$ but THE TING TINGS!! DUUUDE. They're like.. my (not-so) guilty pleasure :chuckle: AIYO FRIGGIN JAN 13TH. I HAVE MY FRIGGIN EXAMS. Hope you can get to see The Prodigy! :D you sound like you REALLY love them.

They censored the

make out scene. yeah. not surprising la. lol. I heard it was pretty steamy though, so maybe thats why.

Aww guys I love the way Chris answered this question!

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=57860

<3 :happy:

OMG. THE TING TINGS. I only know like 2 songs from The Prodigy, sorry cant share your enthusiasm :$ but THE TING TINGS!! DUUUDE. They're like.. my (not-so) guilty pleasure :chuckle: AIYO FRIGGIN JAN 13TH. I HAVE MY FRIGGIN EXAMS. Hope you can get to see The Prodigy! :D you sound like you REALLY love them.

They censored the

make out scene. yeah. not surprising la. lol. I heard it was pretty steamy though, so maybe thats why.

<3 :happy:

Hmm.. The Ting Tings... that's not my kind, that's not my kind, that's not ma ... kind. :p

Yah lah even worse than you, i only know 1 song from them. Hey at least if you watch The Prodigy you can look forward to a couple haha.

Yeah i really like them. Started listening to their Fat of the Land album when i was 11 i think. lol. oh thank you, MTV!!:stunned:

And haha to that answer by Chris. What a friend indeed. WOW i just realised they've answered ALL the questions! Pretty free eh, nowadays!

Hi!

Eh Nut, no reviews of Manics gig from your local papers so far?

Here still none, oh well...

Faz: Oooh, that feather boa on the mic is a must for Mr Nicky Wire. It's permanently stuck on the mic stand, I saw it myself :LOL:

Nut: Wow! Prodigy! Yes yes, Fat of the Land was brilliant! Wow, that was 12 years ago! They were revolutionary when they came out with that album! Wonder if Keith (the Prodigy singer) still wears the things he wore last time? :p My friend told me, he was an accountant! :p

Anyway, I dunno if I want to go or not, I only have 2 of their albums hmmm...

Wah, Radiohead got played in Twilight? Does Thom knows about this? :p OK, is there a link of the clip when SMBH was played in Twilight somewhere? (I'm too old to watch this kind of movie yikes!)

Miele & Achi: So sorry you gals don't get to go to Bangkok.

Maybe I should have bought the Manics t-shirt in Spore now that Bangkok didn't happen. So Miele, were u able to get the ticket refund? For the gig, train & flight?

Btw Achi, did u go see Ash in S'pore?

Oooh I haven't check out the Muse Q&A yet

kak faz yeah i'm glad Arsenal won! Hopefully Fabregas makes a better captain than Gallas eh?

about twilight, i wrote this super long post on my blog about the movie, but i'll just cut it short here la

i thought it was pretty awful. mostly because I had high expectations la, so its my fault at that. but it got MUUUCH better in the end, and i'm happy about that

the first part with the biology.. edward acted HORRIBLY. he was supposed to look absolutely pissed off at bella, but instead he looked sick, and .. awkward. almost TOO awkward. I seriously felt like the movie was a parody to the book during that scene.

it slowly got better though. the baseball scene was my favourite! i think when he finally saved her from the scumbags in Port Angeles, was when the movie got better and better. I loved the ballet scene part too. and i love Alice! she's so cute, and she's absolutely gorgeous. i think she's even prettier than rosalie. jasper quite cute la, when he played baseball. when he had his 'pain' stoner face on, then he looks damn weird.

Also, did anyone notice that you can so obviously see that Edward is wearing contact lenses? You can see that ring thing around his eyes. SO obvious. I was damn annoyed, summore when bella asked him whether he wore contacts, he said no, i'm like thinking 'LIAR!'

I have more to say.. but it'll be too long la. I dont want to ramble. later noone read my post. lol

EDIT:

OH I FORGOT TO MENTION. they censored one scene in the movies.. one VERY IMPORTANT SCENE. GROAR. damn angry. :mad:

<3

it's great that Fabregas is the captain now! i love him... everybody knows he's the mastermind of the team on the pitch. a bit nervous now for the big game against Chelsea this Sunday.

ok. i reaaly like Carlisle in the movie despite him being very chalky! :LOL::happy:

about Edward's eyes. i always imagine his eyes to be something like Archie's :LOL:

seriously.

archieeyes.jpg

ok. i know. awwwww.... he's too damn cute to be Edward.:LOL:

and yeah.. they cut the make out scene! i guess we'll have to buy the pasar malam version to see that scene. lol

hehehe... Chris <3 and i love the way matt answered the first question as well. i don't think i'd like to ask 'em "does my bum look big in this?" though that can be a very cheeky pick up line.:LOL:

Yeah i really like them. Started listening to their Fat of the Land album when i was 11 i think. lol. oh thank you, MTV!!:stunned:

And haha to that answer by Chris. What a friend indeed. WOW i just realised they've answered ALL the questions! Pretty free eh, nowadays!

Forgive me but i meant to quote yr earlier post. didn't know that prodigy is still around. Fire Starter is theirs right?

Hi!

Eh Nut, no reviews of Manics gig from your local papers so far?

Here still none, oh well...

Faz: Oooh, that feather boa on the mic is a must for Mr Nicky Wire. It's permanently stuck on the mic stand, I saw it myself :LOL:

Nut: Wow! Prodigy! Yes yes, Fat of the Land was brilliant! Wow, that was 12 years ago! They were revolutionary when they came out with that album! Wonder if Keith (the Prodigy singer) still wears the things he wore last time? :p My friend told me, he was an accountant! :p

Anyway, I dunno if I want to go or not, I only have 2 of their albums hmmm...

Wah, Radiohead got played in Twilight? Does Thom knows about this? :p OK, is there a link of the clip when SMBH was played in Twilight somewhere? (I'm too old to watch this kind of movie yikes!)

Miele & Achi: So sorry you gals don't get to go to Bangkok.

Maybe I should have bought the Manics t-shirt in Spore now that Bangkok didn't happen. So Miele, were u able to get the ticket refund? For the gig, train & flight?

Btw Achi, did u go see Ash in S'pore?

Oooh I haven't check out the Muse Q&A yet

ayoo.. but why must the feathers be pink and white la? :LOL: but it's all good. Manics are cool!

lol yeah.. it's quite bizzare that Radiohead is in the movie isn't it? and hey please la.. u're too old for the movie? am wayyy older than u are and yet i've watched the movie already. :p

Edited by crazy_mary

Reallly? That's the first time you just go on and on about Muse, AAR LH and etc in college grounds? I thought you have a few friends who likes or knows Muse or LH? Hehe... It was really fun. One day we should just go on talking about Muse and get all fan girly XP

Lol....Dunno cause I'm not really a fan of bottled chili sauce *I only eat the homemade chili sauce like the chili sauce for lekor lekor... =P *

know where is the tourism spot in KL?

Most of my friends listen to me babble on about Muse/AAR/LH is because I don't give them much of a choice! :LOL: They know absolutely nothing about these bands until I came along and told them all about it. Haha. Now if they hear Time is Running Out or Starlight on the radios, they would give me a miss call! <3

OMG I LOVE KEROPOK LEKOR and homemade chili sauce!! Seriously our college don't sell keropok lekor at all besides the hostel canteen! Where do you go to for the best keropok lekor?

I would say the tourism spot in KL would be ... Petaling Street? Haha :-/ But if you want to get souvenirs for a foreigner then I think Malacca might be a good place to start.

Eh guys story la bout A1, especially the 'pitlane'. *Noob*

Singapore was great la, totally broadened my perspective of the place. It's a mixture of different factors but mostly it was the company la. Aida was a lifesaver / cool as hell gig companion and Nut was the most amazingest SG tour guide ever known to mankind. Seriously.:D

I f anyone's interested, I'll fill in the details. For now it's just flashes in my mind: James Dean Bradfield's soulful voice, picnicking in the park while Aida records the soundcheck, chilling at the Esplanade with Nut and friends.....

A1 was funnn!! It's always nice to go to Sepang. I think I should consider retiring there someday LOL. Despite not exactly being a Team Malaysia supporter but once you're standing at the grandstand with thousands of other Malaysians, you can't help but get into the mood and cheer for Team Malaysia! A pity really that Fairuz went in for that unnecessary pit stop when he was running in third place! Nevertheless the sound of the engines were enough to keep us happy! Oh and of course that impromptu trip to the otherside of the track, the pitlanneee!! Where you get to see mechanics at work with their ... dirty hands :LOL:

Singapore is such an awesome place right? Did you guys take pictures with the Mer-lion from the Esplanade? Haha. Do tell us more about sg! Your lunch, your long wait at the doors, the soundcheck etc!

A1 was awesome la.. am definitely gonna make an effort to see it again next year. sitting at the grandstand was really something. we went to the pit lane for a few minutes only after the race. security didn't allow us too much time but man, it was so cool to finally step on the pit lane. it may mean nothing to the non-F1 fans but being at the pit lane even for a while was really special to me haha..and the crazy ear piercing sound of the engines.. fuh. bloody awesome. Liz, i don't think i can ever thank u enough! was really control macho in front of yr friends la. if i was with my friend or brother i would be jumping up and down and go crazy :happy:

Hahahaha I was extremely excited too the first time I was at the pitlane (during Moto GP last year) I can totally understand how you feel! Would've been nice if we managed to run across all the way to the podium area. Haha... Btw, I'm so glad you managed to get out of Kajang without being too lost. It's not too hard right...? Safe for the little detour to Convent lol. Sorry you had to be late for dinner at One Utama! Did you get there in the end?

What did your brother say of your picture? Did you make him jealous? Hehe :happy:

P/S: Do I spy Mr Darcy in your avatar? =0

Hello!

Yes indeed Nut was a really hospitable host to us!! (He even put up to us pestering him whenever we got our hands on a public pay phone - We were so obsessed with pay phone!!)

And he was a greeeaaat tourist guide!! Plus his 2 friends!!

So Nut, thank you soooo much again for showing us around (esp on how to go to Fort Canning Park!) & treating us smashed chicken, it was really smashing yeah!

Faz, we actually camped out at Fort Canning since 2.30pm, amusing ourselves reading the local newspaper (Miele's idea!) Great idea becos we cud use them to sit on the grass ;)

Manics came on to do the soundcheck around 4pm ...we tried to get near to the stage (I got some brief recording) before those LAMC (or LAME rather) ppl shoved us away!

Actually, without Miele I wouldn't have dared going nearer to the stage.Thanks Miele!!

Anyway, we sat at the walls (near the entrance) & continued recording from there. So most of the soundcheck recording only shows trees haha..but important thing is we got the sound! They soundchecked around 7 songs...1 of them was not played during the actual gig

They played 20 songs total - including 2 covers, Penny Royal Tea (by Nirvana) & gasp! Umbrella (by Rihanna)

They made sure they played at least one song from each of their 8 albums

The queue started around 6.40pm, there were not many ppl yet, & so we got right in front of the band for the gig !!! Awesome!!!

Pix later (but one pix of the beautiful Nicky Wire went kaput Dang! Luckily James Dean Bradfield's pix was intact, phew..

Oooh, as usual Nicky's got his feather boa on the mic stand & silver glittery eyeliner, lovely!

Soundcheck

32.jpg

Smashed chicken?! Curious!!

Yay! Glad you guys made it for soundcheck! Did the manic guys say anything when LAMC shoved you guys away? =[ But anyway, it really is something right, when you manage to get in for soundcheck?! Even if you don't record anything ... it's still actually really awesome just sitting down on the grass and listening to them doing their rehearsals!

Lol why does everyone amuse themselves by covering Umbrella thesedays? haha. My sister mentioned that there were super annoying girls in front of them swinging their umbrellas when Manic played that. Pretty cool though that they played their "greatest hits" over the past years as mentioned in an earlier interview. :]

It's nice to know that Manics will be using Richey's lyrics for their upcoming album!

awww you should've put all of your high expectations behind before you watch the movie. you must not expect that a book-to-film movie will be exactly or, well, almost exactly like that book. If you do those two, i'm sure you will at least be satisfied. i know i was. watched it twice yesterday and gonna go see it again n again!

i LOVE the part in the very end where they showed Victoria all red-eyed but beautifully dressed and then, as she was releasing all the wrath that was her hair and walked down the stairs, 15 Steps came on! it totally caught me off guard. it was wicked awesome!! (to me, at least lol)

*already suffering from withdrawal*

Lol reminds me of the Batman withdrawl!! But yeah, you're right. I know should not put too much expectations on the movie. Can't help it though, really ... haha.

I have to say though, LOTR is probably the only movie that really proved the book-to-film theory wrong ;]

OH. My. GOD.

OH. MY. GOD.

Big Night Out? Is that singapore's version of Big Day Out?

Oooh, I hear Angels & Airwaves are scheduled to play in Sigapore too. Along with Stars!

------------

@ Noor: Ouuch! Have a speedy recovery, dear :[

@ Miele: I'm soo sorry to hear that Bangkok Rock Fest will be cancelled! The three girls that I met with during the Ash SG gig honestly were just as much devastated because they had huuuge plans already regarding seeing Ash and everything! Hell, they even printed ASH-tees and a 5-feet long banner to catch their attention and I'm pretty sure Ash might just remember them from the SG gig! Three of them were supposed to wear A. S. H. tees respectively like this--> [Click.]

@ Achi/Grace: Sorry to hear that you had to miss out on Ash again! :(

Hmm.. The Ting Tings... that's not my kind, that's not my kind, that's not ma ... kind.

Yah lah even worse than you, i only know 1 song from them. Hey at least if you watch The Prodigy you can look forward to a couple haha.

Yeah i really like them. Started listening to their Fat of the Land album when i was 11 i think. lol. oh thank you, MTV!!

haha they make very good 'background' music. heard their songs in like SO many movies, as background music only though. yeah. :D

Yeah I'm very happy that they answered all the questions! there werent enough questions la, aiyo. Wish they could answer more :( I love Chris and the way he answered the questions la. like damn relaxed only. :happy:

it's great that Fabregas is the captain now! i love him... everybody knows he's the mastermind of the team on the pitch. a bit nervous now for the big game against Chelsea this Sunday.

ok. i reaaly like Carlisle in the movie despite him being very chalky! :LOL::happy:

about Edward's eyes. i always imagine his eyes to be something like Archie's :LOL:

seriously.

archieeyes.jpg

ok. i know. awwwww.... he's too damn cute to be Edward.:LOL:

and yeah.. they cut the make out scene! i guess we'll have to buy the pasar malam version to see that scene. lol

hehehe... Chris <3 and i love the way matt answered the first question as well. i don't think i'd like to ask 'em "does my bum look big in this?" though that can be a very cheeky pick up line.:LOL:

lol yeah.. it's quite bizzare that Radiohead is in the movie isn't it? and hey please la.. u're too old for the movie? am wayyy older than u are and yet i've watched the movie already. :p

Yeah wei I read the newspapers today, Gallas was accusing Chelsea for lying about him or summat so I'm worried as to how the Chelsea fans might react :eek: I hope it wont affect the game! :(

Yeah Dr Carlisle quite hot right? I was like.. grinning to myself when he first came in the movie :$ ehheh. he looks too white though! his hair so blonde summore.

WHOA Archie's eyes are SO BROWN!! Didnt know they were as brown as that lol.

Yeah imagine asking someone cheeky like Dom 'does my butt look big in this?' :LOL: surely he'll come up with some kinda witty answer. hahaha. I have to ask 'does my butt look small in this' though since i have a no-butt. hohoho.

Aiya noone is too old for Twilight! :)

i thought it was pretty awful. mostly because I had high expectations la, so its my fault at that. but it got MUUUCH better in the end, and i'm happy about that :)

I have more to say.. but it'll be too long la. I dont want to ramble. later noone read my post. lol :$

EDIT:

yeah alice was cute, her voice was almost like what bella described; like wind chimes, it was too sweet. the biology class scene was funny though. everyone laughed when Edward covered his nose :LOL: i like jasper's stoned face, it was funny, hahah! but he loosened up and got better during the baseball scene :D i totally noticed the contacts. it was sooo freaking obvious! but nvm,he was molten-hot nevertheless ;)

i almost flipped out when one of the most interesting and intense and the scene everyone was waiting for was cut!!!!! both tgv and gsc! i was like, WHATTAFUCKINGHELL!!! Edward was going to kiss Bella!! nvm, i watched that scene in youtube, and, my goodness, how i wished it wasn't cut at all....

ok. i reaaly like Carlisle in the movie despite him being very chalky! :LOL:

i truly loved Carlisle. he,too, dazzled me apart form Edward, though i have to agree with you; he was chalky, VERY chalky! :LOL: but then again, he is the oldest in the Cullen clan. can't wait to see how the Volturi will turn out to be in the movie. they were supposed to be translucent-like pale that looked very fragile but tough nevertheless.

hahaha Radiohead kinda caught me off guard. it was wicked awesome though! made the credits that much cooler :happy:

Lol reminds me of the Batman withdrawl!! But yeah, you're right. I know should not put too much expectations on the movie. Can't help it though, really ... haha.

I have to say though, LOTR is probably the only movie that really proved the book-to-film theory wrong ;]

Big Night Out? Is that singapore's version of Big Day Out?

Oooh, I hear Angels & Airwaves are scheduled to play in Sigapore too. Along with Stars!

LOTR RULES! huge fan too of em :D

a version of Big Day Out? wow.... sounds truly interesting!!!

Yeah Dr Carlisle quite hot right? I was like.. grinning to myself when he first came in the movie :$ ehheh. he looks too white though! his hair so blonde summore.

Aiya noone is too old for Twilight! :)

NO ONE is too old for Twilight :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Carlisle.......

OH. My. GOD.

OH. MY. GOD.

I have to miss The Prodigy! :'( I want to go see The Ting Tings SO SO SO SO SO bad....my mum says she doesn't want to extend my trip by just three days, though! :'(

I'm going to see AVA here, and Stars in Singapore! :D

Edited by Waldo

Liz: Nah lah Big night out is just a "catchy" phrase thought out by the LAMC marketing people from within the bowels of their stinkin' office.:p There's going to be nothing like the real BDO, man!

Debbie: Ur referring to the Prodigy about the bg music thing? Ur right it's pretty much like that but they're also a great band live!

Your Heart Is My Piñata: Where are you staying at? Not possible to come 2 days later so you don't have to extend 2 more days? I want to catch AVA but only if i got free tickets lol. But who are Stars?

Kak Faz: Yah Firestarter is by the Prodigy and they're still around lol! But they said they were gona stop making albums after The Fat Of The Land but it seems that they didn't.

Aida, Miele: I meant to post this eariler

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/289594.asp

Didn't get anything else!