Hullo everyone,

1st off all, some introduction. Name kOre, a Muse fan for quite a number of years but never a fan of forums. :D

However things change since I found out Muse will be in town. Thanks to all the info from this thread, I've become one of the earliest people queuing for those tickets. Got 3 'The Pitt' passes. Huhuhu. :D

Thanks ;)

hi, and welcome ^_^

and yeah can't really fault you for not being a fan of forums but i'm mighty glad you chose to sign up anyway and talk to us. i hope you can make your stay more permanent. ^_^

well crazy_mary, her friend and I were about third in line. the group almost right up front that consists of two ladies in tudung and a chinese...person...in an orange tee would be us. i would be the chinese...person...in the orange tee. you definitely can't be the first two as the girl in who was first in line only bought one ticket (dunno which, tho) and the group after her bought 17 in total (15xPitt tix). The group behind us bought about 8 Pitt tix so yours should either be the one after them or possibly a bit after. What time did you arrive? If you're in the before-1130 crowd, it's possible I might remember seeing you since I kept on looking to the back and there were fewer faces to remember back then...

Thanks vspirit :D

Yeah, I remember the 'tudung' girl. I did talk to her, very impressive - first in line.:stunned: Somehow I don't think they're releasing much 'The Pitt' passes. Coz when it was my turn could see that there's not much left. Probably around 20-30 tickets more. I came in around 12pm, saw the line *it was up till KFC entrance at the time*. But decide to go upstairs for some Teppanyaki first. Hehehe I need my strength. It didn't progress much by the time we're back in the line around 12.45pm.

I wonder if the tickets are sold out for the day. Pity for those at the back. I mean the line was reaaaallly long. I'm all sore, but nevertheless satisfied. :D

my back is killing me..standing from 11 till 3 was surely an achivement for me.. did u really talk to me kOre? or was it some other girls with tudung, since i'm too old 2 be called a 'girl' and there were a number of other girls wif tudung behind us.. i only remember being quite harsh (as vspirit told me) to people who were trying to cut d que..didn't mean to.. but they actually deserve it in one sense..:p

didnt actually haf enuf time to take more pics since my friend was really annoyed dat i still lingered around d crowded area after getting our tickets..didnt actually haf time to properly say hi to debbie. vspirit, i just realised dat i wanted to give u a treat.. but i just forgot.. sorry..

so here r 2 pics, d 1st is d counter itself crowded by people and d second d tail end of d line.. people here were patiently queueing up without realising some punks were cutting lines at d front.. sorry not vey good in managing attachment:$

1664550768_muse001.jpg.844a6b22276fc3ab361b4280451f0583.jpg

501027426_muse003.jpg.5d91c6f869f7a21d6feaf79399beee98.jpg

huh? those aunties and myself were third, not first, in line. first was another girl but she wasn't wearing a tudung...so did you talk to the unbe-tudunged girl who was first in line, or one of them be-tudunged aunties that were very, very near to being first in line?

oh and your queueing up near KFC would mean you'd still be pretty far away from us...so nope, wouldn't have seen you then.

so i take the pitt tix are sold out. more or less. i did reserve a couple of tickets from galaxy at undiscounted price as a contingency plan should i fail to grab one of those and decide not to settle for anything less. i'll have to call the nice lady tomorrow to tell her to release them...if they aren't already sold off anyway ^^;

from the way you spoke tho, it sounds as if the organizers are only selling a limited amount of tix today. i doubt that's the case tho. if there's a chance of selling out everything, why won't they go ahead to do it? as opposed to keeping some tix at full price and run the risk of people not buying them cos they're too pricey. you know how malaysians are. surely they'd be expecting a large volume of people coming on the first day itself only BECAUSE of the 30% discount. If everything's limited, i honestly think they'd have said it loud and clear beforehand because no matter how bumbling the organizers are, this is one golden rule they can't break cos they can't run a successful business with that kind of clumsiness. but then again, the lady did entertain my request of holding onto my reserved tix til tomorrow when there's a huge chance i'll end up not needing them and she might as well have released them on the 7th when they'll definitely get sold. xxDD i hope not many did what i did...she's way nice but thinking back on it now, she really shouldn't have agreed, at least not up to the 8th anyway. xxxDD

what i'm wondering now is if the venue's sold out. it'd be wonderful if it is, wouldn't it? would tell the world something about us malaysians knowing how to appreciate good music without exactly being vocal about it. it'd certainly encourage the band to drop by again should they tour the world again in the future.xxD

and i think why most of us are shocked that there can be this many fans when muse isn't exactly commercially popular here (or anywhere else, really, not the way commercially popular is really defined, anyway) would be because most fans here actually do know their music and prefer to enjoy it quietly. that's a nice notion, don't you think? and the other reason would be the discount...xD it was certainly effective in attracting all us tortoise/kiamsiap (cross out whichever doesn't apply. for me, it's the first) types out of our shells. galaxy and tiger sure know how to draw us out, huh.

tho i tot their way of conducting the event was pretty piss poor...

EDIT: sorry, this was supposed to be post #480. i deleted and reposted cos i did a huge amount of editing. ^^;;; thanks for the pix, crazy. will check them out as soon as i'm done with this...

EDIT#2: cool~ the tail end was actually almost at the other side of the mall wasn't it? xxD

Hmm... I talk to the 'tudung' girl, the one wearing a stripy red and white shirt. Thought she was the first in line.

yeah dat's me.. which one were u? a number of people talked 2 me, asking my help 2 buy tickets for 'em.. r u one of 'em?;)

yeah it was almost at d other side of d mall.. pity those people. am quite impressed wif d crowd..hopefully it'll b sold out..

arrived at sg wang almost 4pm and i only managed to buy tickets(7 of them) at around 7pm...

by that time i think the pitt tix are still on sale since the guy queued in front of me bought the pitt tix.

bought the rm80(before discount) tickets because i don't think i would be able to stand for about 2 hours during the concert...furthermore i plan to record the show using my nokia n70...the video recording function isn't too bad...i recorded a few concerts already using the phone and the video and audio turned out alright(surprisingly)...good enough to upload on youtube etc

i started lining up from 1pm and got my tickets at about 3.30pm! very worth it btw. its kinda fun lining up early... you can just sit down and listen to your mp3 player and/or read mags. i saw lotsa people doing that. and you can 'tapau' food and stuff too. i started lining up in front of Nose... which is opposite the counter.

my expression for the huuuge turn out was :eek::eek::eek: . seriously, i dunno whether to feel happy or shocked.. .or both. i never knew Muse would have so many fans! and i even made friends with these 2 ladies in front of us and they were as excited as we were... well, sorta. haha.

i was soo shocked, i really didnt believe it. i actually thought the line was for Lee Hom or soemthing. so i asked the people at the front, which was crazy_mary and vspirit! but i didnt know it was them.. lol. quite a funny way to have a real-life conversation without actually knowing we're each other, eh? :p

and vspirit, i'm sorry to say this but... I WONT BE GOING TO SINGAPORE!! *CRIES LIKE A MAD COW*. i'll be selling my tickets on MusEbay. if anyone's interested, PM me! and check the MusEbay thread for more details and whatnots.

vspirit, you're probably the only malaysian who gets to see Muse twice in 2007!! lol.

Hi, came upon this thread by googling muse + malaysia :D

From the looks of the queue today at Sg. Wang, Muse is unbelievably popular or just because the tickets are 30% percent discounted for today;) ...didn't expect that much of people :eek: ..a bit disappointed by the venue and handling of the ticket sales, they could do much better..really much better without that annoying chinese radio stage performances thingy..and I was told off to go to the back of the queue..by fans, not the staff or the security, I didn't know the queue was way at the back coz nobody told us/direct us, and that sucks..

I waited in line for 45 minutes(I was in queue nearing Delifrance) and decided that the 30% discount is not really worth the hassle of lining up, better I'll just go take a chance by going to the Galaxy office and buy them or online ticketing..:LOL: I had other engagements by 6pm and I'm still sad coz I still got no ticket :( ...(insert appropriate Muse song here :D )..

Well here's hoping for some tickets and Muse playing Plug-in baby and Muscle Museum on Feb 25th!!!

bahahahah finally bought those tickets...

thank god i arrived there like 2.30 pm, i was gonna cut the line with a friend of mine and we had the chance, but i felt pity all those pupil queue up since 11 am, so we went queue up from the back, and got those tickets at about 4 pm, and grab 3 pitts for me,friend, and my just married sis.....and i just bought the rm10 junk magazine and there muse on the cover, and i thought theres a cd containing some muse songs in it, but i was wronged...

did anyone spot me? i was wearin red color collar ferrari shirt, and a friend of mine wear some wear junky black collar shirt with a black tie,

bahahahah finally bought those tickets...

thank god i arrived there like 2.30 pm, i was gonna cut the line with a friend of mine and we had the chance, but i felt pity all those pupil queue up since 11 am, so we went queue up from the back, and got those tickets at about 4 pm, and grab 3 pitts for me,friend, and my just married sis.....and i just bought the rm10 junk magazine and there muse on the cover, and i thought theres a cd containing some muse songs in it, but i was wronged...

did anyone spot me? i was wearin red color collar ferrari shirt, and a friend of mine wear some wear junky black collar shirt with a black tie,

umm... i saw someone reading the junk mag and was extremely tempted to ask them where did they get it from.. but i didnt in the end. was that you? lol. around outside KFC..

and where on earth do i get that mag from!? :stunned:

Haha, I did talk to you then crazy_mary :D U're busy with ur phone at the time. Just talk to you to ask if this is the line for Muse instead of Leehom. Hey what are ya talking about, u look young to me. *compliments :D

vspirit, dunno what happen over your side but there are guards by the time I reach the red line, and they're are doing a pretty good job shooing those que-cutters. Can't blame them, I mean with all the commotion, MyFM event, the hardly seen Muse poster and shoppers. :rolleyes:

Tired.Unhappy , good to hear they didn't hold off tickets. I'm mighty surprised, like vspirit said, Muse are not one of those 'commercially popular' band here. *sigh...

In one of the things that happen today, I sms a few friend and told them about Muse concert in KL. Then in one of the reply, "Muse? The rapper? Didn't know you're into hip hop" Imagine my horror when I read that! She confused it with 'Maze'! It was funny and insulting at the same time. :rolleyes:

Btw I tucked my ticket safely in one of my favorite book. Just so that I wont lose it.

I know, I'm a geek. :LOL:

got my 2 tickets and extremely happy (..and tired). came at 2.30 and arrived at the counter in 5.45 :LOL: no wonder it takes a hell long time since there's lots of people not queuing up and go straight away to the counter :mad: i'd thought about screaming but well.. got mine and can't care much about them.

oh hey, this is my first post like many others!

umm... i saw someone reading the junk mag and was extremely tempted to ask them where did they get it from.. but i didnt in the end. was that you? lol. around outside KFC..

and where on earth do i get that mag from!? :stunned:

no no no, that wasnt me, i bought the magazine after i bought the tickets, but i also did saw someone readin some mag outside kfc, and they were seating there, while reading, and i thought i did saw someone holdin a literature book a bit in front of me, in front of a baking shop where theres a bit of gap there, and it could be anyone from this board...anyway i bought the magazine at times square where theres a magazine shop rite in front of the monorail station....

In one of the things that happen today, I sms a few friend and told them about Muse concert in KL. Then in one of the reply, "Muse? The rapper? Didn't know you're into hip hop" Imagine my horror when I read that! She confused it with 'Maze'! It was funny and insulting at the same time.

bahaha, im glad that muse isnt a mainstream band yet in malaysia....

ah, your dad said no after all, deb? i guess if it weren't for the malaysian show your dad might still have allowed you to go...now he sees no point in it huh? or was it due to something else altogether? wish you every success of selling it off =). and i most certainly will not be the only m'sian there. our world isn't /that/ small despite what we think ^_~.

..and I was told off to go to the back of the queue..by fans, not the staff or the security, I didn't know the queue was way at the back coz nobody told us/direct us, and that sucks..

:eek: i certainly hope that wasn't me. i remember /politely/ informing a few people that MUSE's queue starts way at the back while LeeHom's can be gotten right off the bat where the booth is without queueing but i defo don't remember telling anyone off cos while i was a little miffed (tho i swear i maintained a polite demeanor!!!) at first, i did realize later that the crowd of people there for that MyFM thingy kinda threw people off...that and the generally shoddy handling of things. either way, i'm sorry you got told off when you were merely confused. but at least you know now that the MUSE fans here are nothing if not dedicated. we snap at the slightest thing that threatens our one chance of seeing the band live for ourselves. xxD

waited in line for 45 minutes(I was in queue nearing Delifrance) and decided that the 30% discount is not really worth the hassle of lining up, better I'll just go take a chance by going to the Galaxy office and buy them or online ticketing.. I had other engagements by 6pm and I'm still sad coz I still got no ticket ...(insert appropriate Muse song here )..

oh dear, that's a right shame, especially after all you've been put through. guess not everyone's day ended on a high note. but don't fret cos i don't think it's quite sold out yet so like you said, you could probably just get it off the organizers themselves. that, or you could check here to see where else you can get them evasive tix. i heard record stores like tower records and rock corner might carry 'em as well but don't quote me on that.

n one of the things that happen today, I sms a few friend and told them about Muse concert in KL. Then in one of the reply, "Muse? The rapper? Didn't know you're into hip hop" Imagine my horror when I read that! She confused it with 'Maze'! It was funny and insulting at the same time.

It happens. *nods sagely* it's part of the appeal, actually, they being underdogs despite their seemingly larger than life success. well at least you know they're genuine and not all hyped up by the media. tho i dunno who this Maze is (if he/she is hyped like most rappers tend to be, then i prolly won't know cos i don't really follow the general coming and going the media, tho some still managed to leak into me, like that 20cents whatshisface--or was that 50?--there must be a prisoner appeal thing going on these days...and speaking of rappers, guys like coolio are the only ones for me. whatever happened to them? cos what they made are what i'd still consider as being in the realm of music...)...

Btw I tucked my ticket safely in one of my favorite book. Just so that I wont lose it.

I know, I'm a geek.

that sounds almost...sweet. =) now just don't forget where you've put it. ^_~

To all those who still haven't got tickets, I have 4 extra tickets for sale. They are all Free Standing Rock Zone tickets priced at RM110 each.

These tickets were initially for friends but they are dilly dallying on whether to go to the concert or not (they're nuts to even ponder), so I thought it'd be fair to give up the tickets to those who really want to go instead. Drop me an email at kruel.muse@gmail.com with at least your name (or more) and give me a good reason why you want the tickets. I'll only sell it to those who are worthy :D Be creative and surprise me.

Oh and rock on to all those who lined up for the tickets! Response was awesome and the healthy crowd is a great indication that the concert is going to be whack fantastic! MUSE!

hey crazy mary! i think i was one of the ppl who went up and asked for ur help to buy me the tickets which u refused to! hahahah! well i would do the same thing if i was in ur position i think ;) but it was all worth it, the long Q! the stupid noise surrounding that place! n i still manage to get tickets for The Pitt area! no im just 'menghitung hari' till i get to see my Bellamy! :LOL:

and i think why most of us are shocked that there can be this many fans when muse isn't exactly commercially popular here (or anywhere else, really, not the way commercially popular is really defined, anyway) would be because most fans here actually do know their music and prefer to enjoy it quietly. that's a nice notion, don't you think?

yeah i really agree with u as it happens to me.we all know and love muse by our heart and we dont care if other people doesnt like it,being a muse fan for quite a few years me myself had just realize that i've spread the love of muse to quite a few people who seems to appreciate good music while those who were pessimist will try to convince me that other mainstream band like MCR or blablabla were far more better than muse...it doesnt bother me and i am very proud f being muse fan no matte what happens and that explain why vspirit said that we muse fan prefer to enjoy it quietly...:)

oooh...i can wait anymore..49+days to go...:musesign:

hey guys. tot i'd share something. this is one of the best amvs i've ever had the fortune to come across. and i'm not saying that just cos the creator used a Muse song. i've seen other amvs/fmvs using Muse songs which aren't as good. it's just that the whole thing...fits. Music, scenes, cuts, edit. Well I could talk all day long and it still won't be as effective as seeing it for yourself so here, bear witness to it yourself.