Oh, and I almost had the worst mistake of my working life.

One of the political analysts said, "Winston Peters is a pivot."

The speech recognition software came up with,... *drumroll*

"Winston Peters is a pervert."

:eek:

Lucky I caught it before it went to air!

Don Brash = "We did it!" :LOL:

We, Don?

:LOL:

I ended up voting for the Auckland Central region even though I'm actually in the Epsom one because my last one-month-or-more residency was in Ponsonby. A shame I didn't get a chance to get in on the National-Act drama. Although I probably would have just fucked it over and voted Labour anyway :LOL:

I ended up just voting to keep MMP. Was glad to see they did actually bother to clarify their stupid ads on the voting paper, too.

Yeah, me too! I love that they give you a GIGANTIC felt tip to do it in, like a normal pen wouldn't do the job properly!
That was like, my favourite bit. The most active participation in our system of government most of us have, and so they give us the most irreverent pen in the world to do it with. Or at least the secondmost: if it had been an orange ministamp in the shape of a tick, that would have been perfect.

I really like Pita Sharples.
He was in the Auckland Uni debating club public debate thing ("One Law For All: Race Relations in New Zealand", along with Shane Jones and one of the law school lecturers), and he was pretty good.

The former supreme court judge who adjudicated was better, though - awarded Pita 80 points for the strength of his speech, then took them all away for going into government with National :LOL:

Oh, I have a situation I wanted some advice on - I want to take two papers over summer school, because one of them is only being offered over summer school and it sounds epic, and the other one I couldn't fit in this year.

Now, the one I couldn't fit in - paper A - I need as a prerequisite to a first semester paper next year. Paper B would go towards my major, but isn't in itself essential.

There are like, 8 hours or whatever a week for Paper A, but one of those hours clashes with paper B.

Should I take paper B, despite the clash? I'm proficient with paper A stuff enough that it shouldn't matter, but then, two papers over summer school seems to be regarded as a demanding kind of undertaking when I've talked to people about it. But paper B sounds amazing.

Yes. Thoughts?

Oh, I have a situation I wanted some advice on - I want to take two papers over summer school, because one of them is only being offered over summer school and it sounds epic, and the other one I couldn't fit in this year.

Now, the one I couldn't fit in - paper A - I need as a prerequisite to a first semester paper next year. Paper B would go towards my major, but isn't in itself essential.

There are like, 8 hours or whatever a week for Paper A, but one of those hours clashes with paper B.

Should I take paper B, despite the clash? I'm proficient with paper A stuff enough that it shouldn't matter, but then, two papers over summer school seems to be regarded as a demanding kind of undertaking when I've talked to people about it. But paper B sounds amazing.

Yes. Thoughts?

So paper A is needed as a prereq but paper B sounds more fun, although not needed for anything other than counting towards your major?

I say take paper A. That way you can do the paper you need it for in your first semester next year and won't be stuck waiting around to do it later.

So paper A is needed as a prereq but paper B sounds more fun, although not needed for anything other than counting towards your major?

I say take paper A. That way you can do the paper you need it for in your first semester next year and won't be stuck waiting around to do it later.

Yeah, I'm definitely doing paper A.

I never did summer school actually, so can't really comment on the workload. But I have heard of people doing more than one paper, so it must be possible. And I'm sure that if they can do it, you can! :) So I say go for it.
And I think I'll sign up for paper B as well, because I can always opt out of it if I change my mind, and not the other way around.

Apparently a woman fell four storeys down the Aotea Square side of the Skycity Metro building (or whatever it's called this week) today. :stunned:

Serious but stable condition in hospital, so you'd have to say she's pretty lucky!

It was the nzherald reporting that got me...

She was said to have been conscious after her fall, but left a pool of blood at the scene after she was carried away.

Booked flights to Dubai for the start of January. Will kind of get a warm Christmas in, especially as my friend follows a different year so her Christmas Day is the 7th January and I get to be there!

That'll be awesome. Dubai sounds like a really interesting place to visit.

I'm organising the secret Santa for the work Christmas lunch this year. I've decided that I'm gonna make an effort. Would anyone happen to know where might be the best place to buy a Santa costume?

Warehouse? Everytime I can't find anything I want in the UK I always get wax lyrical about how all I need is The Warehouse.

At the moment the bane of my life is flannelette sheets. By the time I buy some it'll be spring. And I know the Warehouse always has them in winter! :mad:

Heard about that! I think she was doing some kind of absailing-type performance? With no safety net. Or something like that.

There was an ad on the radio for Close Up and it was like 'our cameras are there!'. I thought that was a bit crude.

Heard about that, truly hideous. Apparent;y she only broke her cheekbone in the fall, very lucky girl.

Our new mulit storey car park opened at work last week. Someone jumped off the top floor even before it was officially opened. Awful.

I'm organising the secret Santa for the work Christmas lunch this year. I've decided that I'm gonna make an effort. Would anyone happen to know where might be the best place to buy a Santa costume?

Another place I'd try is Ike's Imporium in Browns Bay, they usually have loads of costume stuff. :)

The second place that came to mind was DEKA. :LOL: That closed down what...1999 or something?

:LOL:

That song is gonna be in my head all afternoon now. "Ohhhh yeah...."

Our new mulit storey car park opened at work last week. Someone jumped off the top floor even before it was officially opened. Awful.

:stunned: That's terrible.

Another place I'd try is Ike's Imporium in Browns Bay, they usually have loads of costume stuff. :)

Thanks! Good to know. :)

Heard on the radio that Looksharp in town has Santa stuff- better get in quick.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Looksharp, Kitty! $15! :eek: Much, much less than I expected.

And I'm very happy with the costume, except the beard is a bit more wizardy than Santa-y. It lacks the curls I'd normally associate with Santa. But that's not a biggie. I'll probably remove the beard for the lunch anyway - food will get stuck in it otherwise. That's my main reservation about growing my own beard, if I'm honest. It'd be gross. :erm: