My biggest b33f with us becoming a republic is that the legal mess we pretend doesn't exist solve by remaining a part of the Commonwealth would be null and void, and that could do very bad things for the country.

The treaty, for instance. There are huge issues to do with that because it's fundamentally fucked up as is. Imagine us trying to make a codified constitution with that nest of vipers wriggling all over everywhere. O hai there civil war (and stfu New Zealand Company).

Nick Cave is one of the things I'm most excited for, BDO-wise :happy:

I'm happy that we're a Commonwealth. Afterall if we weren't I wouldn't be living in London right now. Australia needs to be a republic so some other countries can win gold at the Commonwealth games.

no one seems to have the guts to leave the commonwealth.

maybe the queen will turn into a lizard and eat you if you do.

My biggest b33f with us becoming a republic is that the legal mess we pretend doesn't exist solve by remaining a part of the Commonwealth would be null and void, and that could do very bad things for the country.

The treaty, for instance. There are huge issues to do with that because it's fundamentally fucked up as is. Imagine us trying to make a codified constitution with that nest of vipers wriggling all over everywhere. O hai there civil war (and stfu New Zealand Company).

All good points.

Not sure about that, but I'd definitely had it since I was at school. It had the really old ASB logo on it.

And the only reason I had to replace it is the plastic cover started to peel off and get in the way whenever I tried to swipe it.

I finally had to make the tough decision and replace my eftpos card today. I'd had the dear old thing since 2003. I feel like I've lost an old friend. :(

I thought they were usually only valid for 2/3 years... 5 at the most?

That's what I thought too!

10rj0ci.jpg

My card has an expiry date... :unsure:

Maybe you just had an invincible one! :awesome:

I finally had to make the tough decision and replace my eftpos card today. I'd had the dear old thing since 2003. I feel like I've lost an old friend. :(

I did that this year too! Mine was like 10 years old. Some machines didn't like it :( I was gutted when they cut it in half right in front of me :LOL:

Words cannot describe the awesomeness of eftpos.

I have my work Christmas party today. I'll try not to think of the fact that there's a promotion up for grabs, and I think about five of us are competing for two positions. :erm: We usually get on so awesomely as a department, so I hope it won't put any strain on that. At least it's anonymous, so I don't know who my rivals are.

Edited by _Ed_

Haha, TVNZ Christmas party is amazing. It's out on the roof balcony thing, and it was packed with probably about 700 people. And up in the apartment buildings across the road, heaps of people had huge parties that were out on their balconies joining in with our music.

And I know a few reporters who won't be featuring on the news tomorrow. :chuckle: Wonder if they'll have recovered by Sunday.