i always thought damper was a kiwi thing - wiki tells me otherwise.

okay - so a choc bar has a coconut shell and topsy just doesn't have the middle and a plain shell. right. think i'm sorted with my icecreams now.

i miss banana chills. i loved those.

Edited by JoBear

Victoria axed their Gender Studies papers. The comments on the stuff article make me want to cry at how misinformed people are.

That's a bullshit decision. Now is it only Otago that has them? Auckland has Gender Studies as some poor cousin section of Anthropology. I remember I was thinking about doing a Gender paper once, but had to take a couple of stage one Anthro papers as a prerequisite. Absolute rubbish treatment of a very important area of study.

On a brighter note...

i miss banana chills. i loved those.

Those = :awesome:

Saw Zombieland tonight. Fucking hilarious. Loved it.

I saw it a few months ago and loved it too! Twinkies!!! :mad::LOL:

As for ice cream matter, I think you guys have sorted it out. I got the jelly tip tub version the other day as they didn't have any plain strawberry ice cream :mad: But it's good :)

Argh, I'm so fustrated with everything these days and now problems with getting no internet at home is making it worse :mad: I need something to destroy to vent some anger out! :LOL:

Hope everyone else is fine!

I need something to destroy to vent some anger out! :LOL:

:LOL:

Sounds so frustrating!

Let's suggest stuff that Michelle can destroy.

sarah-palin-going-rogue-book-cover.jpg

Either a copy of the book or the person. Either way suits me.

Other options:

* Justin Bieber action figure toys. I'm guessing those exist by now. They must be almost life size. Of course, destroying them would involve buying them first. :unsure:

* Cameras on the set of Jersey Shore. You'd be doing us all a favour.

* There's a crappy old building called The Pala- oh, wait.

Yes! I'd love to destroy all those things but I don't want to buy them first :LOL:

Maybe I could print out Palin and put it on a glass cup to smash. But ugh, I don't want to clean up the mess :rolleyes:

I need an air rifle. Destroying a tin can with mulitple shots is rather satisfying.

Victoria axed their Gender Studies papers. The comments on the stuff article make me want to cry at how misinformed people are.
Stuff comments=the concentrated nz equivalent of youtube comments.

Need to tidy my room and clean the bathroom because it's my afternoon off. DO NOT WANT. I hate being an adult sometime. Though I'm soooo glad to no longer be a teenager.

I had to take Sociology and Anthropology papers to complete my Gender major. I hated both, they just weren't the same. Although my Gender lecturer was always telling me how rubbish it was at Vic...but that may have been because he was desperate to supervise me doing Masters at Otago. I would have done it had Otago actually acknowledged my double major if I did Honours. Their honours setup is shit.

I had to take Sociology and Anthropology papers to complete my Gender major. I hated both, they just weren't the same. Although my Gender lecturer was always telling me how rubbish it was at Vic...but that may have been because he was desperate to supervise me doing Masters at Otago. I would have done it had Otago actually acknowledged my double major if I did Honours. Their honours setup is shit.

Is that because you have to take certain papers each year to stay in the Honours program? That's what was different between Otago and Vic when I was doing my research. You can decide to do Honours if your marks are good enough at the end of your third year, you don't have to be 'in the program' beforehand.

Yeah I was admitted to Honours in 2nd year and had to take such shit compulsory papers. I was fine doing that but because I was going straight into Honours basically my gender papers counted for nothing. I got fucked over by points changes as well as I did 2x 3rd year papers in my 2nd year. You only had to do 3 originally as the points were higher but in 3rd year the points went to same as 2nd year papers and you had to do four. I have a whole lot of wasted points in my degree!

Also, my Excellence Scholarship was accepted at Victoria :awesome:

Less worries for me!

Congrats! Are you putting it towards your papers, or accommodation?

Mine went to papers because I was flatting on the Dixon st steps. I'd probably have put it to accommodation if I'd been in a hall, though.

It was appealed in town tonnes, but the council never listened. Being, y'know, the council, and everything. They're a rotten bunch.

And the re-roading of that block of Manners St is a very sad move in the context of Wellington's recent history:

Cuba and Manners were originally closed off after the council exhumed the settlers cemetery and buried everyone in it in a mass grave up in Karori (which they delicately renamed the "settler memorial lawn" or something like that), to make way for the motorway (which was never completed, because the stock market crashed in the 80s anyway).

---->They put a bypass through a chunk of the pretty, old part of the city a few years ago, and instead of setting aside more public space, they've gone the other way, because they fail so epically. I don't know. I love Wellington to bits. But the council are a piece of shit.