Hey moas.

Bellbird releases are all over the place. I might finally get to see some released on Tuesday though.

:LOL:

yeah the mother is a reporter on 60 minutes, can't remember what her name is since she's so irrelevant.

i bought some (new zealand) wine at the supermarket earlier through a self checkout and no one checks if you're old enough to buy it! you just scan, pay and walk away.

My 19yr old intern from America was so excited to buy alcohol for herself for the first time on the boat back to the mainland this afternoon :LOL: We (my other intern from Holland and a girl from uni helping with the birds) had quite a bit of fun surrounding all the work and stress this weekend.

Why is that up to $1100 :erm:

i bought some (new zealand) wine at the supermarket earlier through a self checkout and no one checks if you're old enough to buy it! you just scan, pay and walk away.

Bloody poms. At New World where I work you need approval for alcohol.

Unless they approved it without you realising, which you can do.

Alcohol checks here have always been fairly slack, although they changed it from "if you look under 21..." to under 25 since I was last here. Still I very very rarely ever get asked for ID in the UK, and it's the opposite in NZ, I rarely don't get asked.

Guest hysteriaaah
yeah the mother is a reporter on 60 minutes, can't remember what her name is since she's so irrelevant.

Those self checkouts are stupid. Even though you're checking yourself out, theres still someone that stands there and supervises the whole thing(well, obviously not your supermarket)...wouldn't it be easier if they just got off their arse and did it themselves?:LOL:

i prefer self checkouts, although obviously its putting people out of jobs. but not ones in pak n save that don't have a limit of what you can take through and people are slowly scanning and packing 2 trolleys of crap.

Guest hysteriaaah
i prefer self checkouts, although obviously its putting people out of jobs. but not ones in pak n save that don't have a limit of what you can take through and people are slowly scanning and packing 2 trolleys of crap.

I remember when the new pak n save opened in my area and we went on the first day with massive amounts of people and a guy infront of me got caught at the checkout trynna sneak stuff out at the bottom of his cardboard box of tinned food. I was just :facepalm:

Guest hysteriaaah

Do you guys know if any of the bookstores sell NME? Me really want 100page issue of muse-y ness :D

Do you guys know if any of the bookstores sell NME? Me really want 100page issue of muse-y ness :D

Yeah, Whitcoulls usually stocks it. And Borders will definitely. I was in Borders yesterday- I should have picked up a copy because I've been meaning to :facepalm:

Yes it is Jo :happy: Its running in different places around the world at the same time.

i thought the 100 page issue was just a rehash of all the articles NME have done over the years? considering NME is so shit, seems a waste of money (and obviously just a big money maker for them).

I'm not sure, I think there's new stuff in there too. And it would be nice to have as a collection of all the articles anyway, rather than finding them online.

Guest hysteriaaah
Yeah, Whitcoulls usually stocks it. And Borders will definitely. I was in Borders yesterday- I should have picked up a copy because I've been meaning to :facepalm:

Yeah I thought borders might have it coz' im pretty sure i saw one a while ago....Though not whitcoulls! I checked last week and no luck :( And i reckon its def worth it. I don't have any hard copy muse articles so a big collection of them would make me very happy :D

Argh i really did think they were gonna announce our dates with the aussie dates. I hope its later and not before....

Although if you want some hope, they usually always announce Australia first and NZ as an afterthought.

Yeah I thought borders might have it coz' im pretty sure i saw one a while ago....Though not whitcoulls! I checked last week and no luck :( And i reckon its def worth it. I don't have any hard copy muse articles so a big collection of them would make me very happy :D

Argh i really did think they were gonna announce our dates with the aussie dates. I hope its later and not before....

I dunno, its getting pretty close to Christmas by then... :erm::(

Which Whitcoulls did you try? Are you in Auckland? I know they've definitely stocked it before, and the mall local to me stocks it every week (I must go and get a copy myself tomorrow! :facepalm: )

Guest hysteriaaah
I dunno, its getting pretty close to Christmas by then... :erm::(

Which Whitcoulls did you try? Are you in Auckland? I know they've definitely stocked it before, and the mall local to me stocks it every week (I must go and get a copy myself tomorrow! :facepalm: )

Thats what i thought as well....im just hoping its after november so it doesn't clash w/ my exams. :( hah and it would be nice for them to finish off the year here, seeing as they started off the year here as well :D

Yeah im in auckland, though you might be right and whitcoulls might actually have some, seeing as i've only tried one store:p

Thats what i thought as well....im just hoping its after november so it doesn't clash w/ my exams. :(

If they play here before or after the Aus dates, the first date is 5th December in Brisbane, I don't see why they'd decide to announce a date WAY earlier and spend ages in New Zealand... Even then, they'd have to spend a week and a bit here for it to clash with any of my NCEA exams :p

Guest hysteriaaah
If they play here before or after the Aus dates, the first date is 5th December in Brisbane, I don't see why they'd decide to announce a date WAY earlier and spend ages in New Zealand... Even then, they'd have to spend a week and a bit here for it to clash with any of my NCEA exams :p

thats what i thought as well...argh lucky, my last ones on the 29th so im cutting it close:eek:

the prices in australia are $100-120 - don't know if it would be cheaper considering they're unlikely to bring full stages over here or about the same or more due to exchange rates. i thought paying $40 back in 2004 was a lot. was supposed to see them in the netherlands in a few weeks but it's 60 euros and there's so much better stuff i could do with that money.

Guest hysteriaaah

I remember the last time they came(the one i missed out on :facepalm:) the tickets were about $90 i think. It might be a bit more expensive than that this time round because they're much bigger and will prob end up playing vector.

thats what i thought as well...argh lucky, my last ones on the 29th so im cutting it close:eek:

You live in Auckland though, you'll be fine :p I live 7 hours away from Auckland...

the prices in australia are $100-120 - don't know if it would be cheaper considering they're unlikely to bring full stages over here or about the same or more due to exchange rates. i thought paying $40 back in 2004 was a lot. was supposed to see them in the netherlands in a few weeks but it's 60 euros and there's so much better stuff i could do with that money.

I'm actually hoping they do what quite a few bands do - not bring the full stage design, and have a bit of a stripped down show. If history is anything to say, Muse do better with stripped down shows rather than a proper arena gig... I doubt that though, we'll have the fucking pillars :noey:

I'm guessing it'll be $120-ish here, that's still fucking expensive though.