Oh, zing.

I guess I just don't pick up New Zealand albums. I don't really buy a lot of music, I usually listen on youtube, so generally its just whatever I can think of at the time. And I don't watch the charts either. I don't listen to the radio, because my car doesn't have one. So really I don't get exposed to New Zealand music all that often :LOL: I do like bands like Fat Freddy's Drop, Shapeshifter, The Veils, The Mint Chicks, and all them, but usually I only listen to their singles, or I hear another song from them that I don't really like so I never feel intrigued enough to listen to a whole album.

I don't like when people think of New Zealand music as its own genre. I listen to it the same way I listen to any music, and the fact it comes from New Zealand makes me feel proud about it, almost.

:yesey:

And I really liked Pegasus by Phoenix Foundation too when I first heard it in Benneydale (:LOL:) but I still haven't got round to buying it :rolleyes:

+1

It's $15 from The Warehouse, and there are a lot of them. It has a Warner Classic Album sticker on it, so I think they're trying to offload them. It's a shame that their work isn't more widely received here, all of their albums are so good, I really can't decide which one is best, although it's usually the last one I listened to.

Food is so much more enjoyable when you made it yourself.

I just made myself steak for dinner. Of course it wasn't the most perfectly cooked steak I've ever had, but it was by far the most enjoyable. The awesomeness of each mouthful was so overwhelming I had to close my eyes. :LOL:

I don't like when people think of New Zealand music as its own genre. I listen to it the same way I listen to any music, and the fact it comes from New Zealand makes me feel proud about it, almost.

It's $15 from The Warehouse, and there are a lot of them. It has a Warner Classic Album sticker on it, so I think they're trying to offload them. It's a shame that their work isn't more widely received here, all of their albums are so good, I really can't decide which one is best, although it's usually the last one I listened to.

I call it New Zealand music if its by New Zealand artists, just like I would call Muse British music.

Edit: Btw, I'm eating one of the cookies atm and its like rock solid :LOL: guess they weren't soft after all. Might have been because I let them sit in the warm oven after they were done though.

Me again. :rolleyes: What's everyone up to this weekend?

I just went up to Whangarei and drove back in the dark. I was a bit nervous about that, but I was fine. It's quite peaceful actually...until some cunt comes around the corner with their lights on full beam!

Had a chuckle at the sign for the 'free route'. I'm so immature.

I might have to go and see that. The title intrigues me.

I had to do the show Sunday at work for the first time today. Apparently people usually start that at 9:30am, but they made me do it even though I start at 11:30. I guess that shows they have confidence in me. Made it pretty stressful though!

I should stop drinking so much. But it makes me feel better, so fuck it. Wound up in the middle of a debate between people considering buying a struggling pub in Highbury. Random.

I'm thinking I should organise a work karaoke evening. I think it would be fucking awesome. And if nothing else, it provides a new audience for my renditions of Supermassive Black Hole and Ring of Fire. :LOL: And work people are awesome. I'm sure at least 4-5 of them would go along with it.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

how are we all.. I am having a bit of a rough time at the moment :( and i know if its real rough if Muse who usually helps me see the bright side of life isnt able to help at the moment.

to me at the moment my life just simply fucken sucks shit. I am trying to take control of it and change it around but seems like i have a big brick wall in front of me.

Sorry to hear that. :( I hope things get better for you soon.

me too... me too i went for a walk earlier on and i thought yeah it would ease my stress however while having a think over things i wasnt paying attention and i got this

this is what you dont do whilst walking and also if you do make sure your drunk then you have an excuse for it.

Picture0011.jpg.607c787f8b00bab0005bd4cb0a6fdbf0.jpg

Picture0012.jpg.fe90c8525cd56727ecf0f4f6c54134f2.jpg

That's cool. I've never been there! I've been thinking about going for ages. I really should.

You should indeed. NZ birds are so fun to watch :LOL:

Edit: Btw, I'm eating one of the cookies atm and its like rock solid :LOL: guess they weren't soft after all. Might have been because I let them sit in the warm oven after they were done though.

That often happens with cookies, they are soft as when they come out of the oven but harden as they cool down.

Remembered on the drive down to suggest checking out Secret Knives, the EP is absolutely awesome and it's free to download: http://www.alowhum.com/free/secret-knives_the-wolves.zip

Yay, more freebies.

I watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs today, such a hilarious movie! :LOL: I had wanted to see it at the cinema, since I heard it had 5 stars, but I never got around to it. It really is very good. I was laughing a lot to myself :LOL:

I'll have to try and see that too. On Sunday I watched Kick Ass and Date Night. Kick Ass was kick ass :awesome: Date Night was good.

me too... me too i went for a walk earlier on and i thought yeah it would ease my stress however while having a think over things i wasnt paying attention and i got this

this is what you dont do whilst walking and also if you do make sure your drunk then you have an excuse for it.

Ouch :( Hope you feel better soon too!

You should indeed. NZ birds are so fun to watch :LOL:

Ouch :( Hope you feel better soon too!

I hope so too, and i was gunna do some knitting after the walk and well with a graze like that i dont think it would of been a good idea the fibres of the wool would of gotten into my graze. And nz birds are fun to watch we have a fair few around here.

I sense some rain so i hope so.

how are we all.. I am having a bit of a rough time at the moment :( and i know if its real rough if Muse who usually helps me see the bright side of life isnt able to help at the moment.

to me at the moment my life just simply fucken sucks shit. I am trying to take control of it and change it around but seems like i have a big brick wall in front of me.

Oh well at least you're taking control, that's positive.

That often happens with cookies, they are soft as when they come out of the oven but harden as they cool down.

Yeah but because they were so very soft I left them in the warm oven a bit longer... :facepalm: I never learn :LOL:

I went to the Paddington Coat Factory today! I saw a nice tan coat that was really long but not really the colour I'm looking for, and the style was a bit off. It was still really nice though. Wool and cashmere makes a comfy material.

yeah paddington coat factory is awesome. was wearing mine in arrowtown over the weekend.

I think for the coat I want, I'm going to buy it off ebay. Heaps of people there do custom tailored coats which are made in China. About $240 New Zealand dollars including shipping, which isn't bad considering that the coats at Paddington Coat Factory are $250.

Hitched is such an atrocious show. I knew I was in for something bad when my boss apologised for allocating it to me.

To be on the show, it seems, the couples have to be not particularly likeable and have to both have bizarre and inexplicable (and near-unspellable) names.

*mutters angrily*

Edited by _Ed_

I think for the coat I want, I'm going to buy it off ebay. Heaps of people there do custom tailored coats which are made in China. About $240 New Zealand dollars including shipping, which isn't bad considering that the coats at Paddington Coat Factory are $250.

really? my coat was only like $140 and it was one of the more expensive ones.