Hey Lenny! Good to see you around. How are you? :happy:
Hey kitty! I'm good, you?

How's uni going for you? Third year awesomesauce?

Aw well done! That's great news, am stoked for you! Bet it's opening up a whole new wolrd for you too!

As a previously carless person whose best mate lives in Welly, I have to say that if I ever moved out of Auckland Welly is definitely the palce I would go. I love it there, and I find the people seem to be a lot more alternative, interesting and fun! I will probably move there at some point, especially because their hospital has a great set up and team too!

Welly is win :D

And thanks, and yeah, it is. I'm really looking forward to like, this whole life living business now :happy:

Guest hysteriaaah

Congrats on the restricted! I still need to get mine...sometime within this year:LOL:

we're in abu dhabi, 15 hour flight down, 8 hours to go.

Awesoommmee :D Are you a fan of long flights?

Someone in the news room just fucking sneezed into the intercom!

It was bloody loud and gave me a huge fright. I think I was briefly airborne.

Had another attempt at the pronunciation of Eyjafjallajokull courtesy of The Colbert Report tonight. "Eye-yah-fi-ya-yo-kool". At least they put more effort in than Jon Stewart, who simply nicknamed it 'Kevin' :chuckle:

Just randomly remembered a story - I was on a bus with my friend the other day and saw a guy in a disastrous bright blue jumper with white spots, and I said to my friend, "Look, it's David Bain!" Well, I think I might have said that a bit loud. :$

^ :LOL:

Does anyone recall when tour dates to NZ and Aus were announced last time? I am starting to get impatient.. lol...

Late Septemberish.

I've been good, finally got the courage to sit my restricted and passed, which has pretty much changed my life. I'm working between two hospitals at the moment, in preparation to go to the children's hospital in May.

Congrats! :D

So I've been on and off Tiritiri, so tiring but so fun too :happy: When I was there working by myself in the weekend, I had Mungo the Takahe follow me from the garage, down the road to a patch of bush, into the bush for 100m while setting up a transect, back out and then down another 100m path with stairs. He cut through the bush and was back at the garage after I had finished :LOL:

IMG_1742.jpg?t=1272344570

Mungo.

IMG_1775.jpg?t=1272344669

Robin preening while I had my lunch.

IMG_1799.jpg?t=1272344741

kokako preening.

Other highlights include seeing wild tuatara, patting Greg the Takahe while he had a poke around in my bag and a grey-faced petrel running into me while we made funny noises to attract them one evening :LOL: Going back tomorrow til Friday. Then Motuihe on Saturday and back to Tiri on Sunday. I'm going to be knackered after all that.

congrats on the restricted, i was on mine for years so i didn't have to be a taxi to my friends like my brother was.

Congrats on the restricted! I still need to get mine...sometime within this year:LOL:

Awesoommmee :D Are you a fan of long flights?

Thanks guys!

Glad to hear you made it halfway safely! Hope the rest of the journey goes well!

Hope the 8 hours went smoothly!

I've always wanted to go to Abu Dhabi...

So I've been on and off Tiritiri, so tiring but so fun too :happy: When I was there working by myself in the weekend, I had Mungo the Takahe follow me from the garage, down the road to a patch of bush, into the bush for 100m while setting up a transect, back out and then down another 100m path with stairs. He cut through the bush and was back at the garage after I had finished :LOL:

Other highlights include seeing wild tuatara, patting Greg the Takahe while he had a poke around in my bag and a grey-faced petrel running into me while we made funny noises to attract them one evening :LOL: Going back tomorrow til Friday. Then Motuihe on Saturday and back to Tiri on Sunday. I'm going to be knackered after all that.

Sounds lovely though!

Takahe are so gorgeous :D

On Kapiti I used to want to pick them up and cuddle them because they were so outrageously fluffy. Kind of like an incongruous cross between a bird and a teddy bear (why yes I did drop biology after that one term in 5th form).

They weren't too impressed by my efforts though.

I have family rights to Kapiti, so I don't count as part of the only-50-people-are-allowed-on-Kapiti-at-any-given-moment thing, you see.

On Kapiti I used to want to pick them up and cuddle them because they were so outrageously fluffy. Kind of like an incongruous cross between a bird and a teddy bear (why yes I did drop biology after that one term in 5th form).

They weren't too impressed by my efforts though.

I have family rights to Kapiti, so I don't count as part of the only-50-people-are-allowed-on-Kapiti-at-any-given-moment thing, you see.

I want to give them a cuddle too! :LOL: I want to bring Mungo home to wander around the backyard with my rabbit. Ah well, getting a pat was good enough.

I heard people saying that the Takahe on Kapiti aren't as friendly as these guys which are mainly just looking for food from us.

I want to give them a cuddle too! :LOL: I want to bring Mungo home to wander around the backyard with my rabbit. Ah well, getting a pat was good enough.

I heard people saying that the Takahe on Kapiti aren't as friendly as these guys which are mainly just looking for food from us.

You got a pat? Niiice.

The last time I was there they had chicks as well, which may have been why they kept their distance more than usual. Maybe.

Then, while I heart birds and can recognise their cries and feathers, I don't really know much about them behaviourally, least of all the endangered ones that live in special reserves.

I love how cheeky kaka are though, they're so funny. I used to always wear my hair tied up in a bun and they used to come and perch on my head :LOL:

Hey kitty! I'm good, you?

How's uni going for you? Third year awesomesauce?

Its okay. Been sooo lazy about assignments lately :LOL:

Kind of like an incongruous cross between a bird and a teddy bear (why yes I did drop biology after that one term in 5th form).

But not English apparently :chuckle:

I'm just having a read of the Victoria Memorial wikipedia page (that's the statue that's outside of Buckingham Palace) and it says "On the pinnacle, is Victory with two seated figures. The subsidiary figures were gifted by the people of New Zealand."

:stunned: I was not aware of this.

Its okay. Been sooo lazy about assignments lately :LOL:

But not English apparently :chuckle:

I'm just having a read of the Victoria Memorial wikipedia page (that's the statue that's outside of Buckingham Palace) and it says "On the pinnacle, is Victory with two seated figures. The subsidiary figures were gifted by the people of New Zealand."

:stunned: I was not aware of this.

The year's totally only just begun. Onward with the laziness!

:LOL: No, english I dropped after 6th form, when you were allowed to finally drop it.

It was one of my best and best beloved subjects... I just couldn't stand the way it was taught at my school. I'm thinking of at least minoring in it when I go back to uni, though. God, I have no idea. There's too much I want to learn.

Oh I remember that statue! Random... I wonder if that's to do with the fact that like, New Zealand was one of the last places discovered/colonised, and during her reign, and all...

When I was there I don't think I took any photos though. Or even gave it a proper look, really.

I fell in love with this war memorial down near the tower though. I can still remember the inscription on it.

The year's totally only just begun. Onward with the laziness!

I'm thinking of at least minoring in it when I go back to uni, though. God, I have no idea. There's too much I want to learn.

I fell in love with this war memorial down near the tower though. I can still remember the inscription on it.

Nooo I've only got like 4 weeks of semester left :eek: I need to watch so many films and read so many books :facepalm:

Oh okay :LOL:. You could always just take an extra semester or year and do a whole bunch of different stuff in your first year so you can get a taste of everything :happy:

Well? Do share!

You got a pat? Niiice.

The last time I was there they had chicks as well, which may have been why they kept their distance more than usual. Maybe.

Then, while I heart birds and can recognise their cries and feathers, I don't really know much about them behaviourally, least of all the endangered ones that live in special reserves.

I love how cheeky kaka are though, they're so funny. I used to always wear my hair tied up in a bun and they used to come and perch on my head :LOL:

Yeah, he walked underneath my chair to check out my bag on the other side, so when he came out from underneath was the perfect oportunity to sneak a pat.

And yes, kaka are cool. I still remember the time I gave a peanut to one at Auck zoo when I was a kid. The kaka at welly zoo were fun to watch too.

You guys sound like you had a ball.

Well i was encouraged by winz to go back to course and they said that would increase my chances of jobs so i have gotten in touch with my course waiting for a call and also job hunting

Am to also get some money coming to me so its like the fog is lifting a lill bit, not completely but its lifting.

Hey i was thinking if muse dont announce a date here there is gunna be some unhappy fans here and i could send him email on myspace but hes not been on myspace at the moment and i cant say i blame him there is some nutbar using gaia's name and now another one using a small child saying to him that is his kid and hes her husband and the rest of us can suck shit and so on... Some people

Guest hysteriaaah
Hey i was thinking if muse dont announce a date here there is gunna be some unhappy fans here and i could send him email on myspace but hes not been on myspace at the moment and i cant say i blame him there is some nutbar using gaia's name and now another one using a small child saying to him that is his kid and hes her husband and the rest of us can suck shit and so on... Some people

What the heck. The nerve of some people:noey::facepalm:

What the heck. The nerve of some people:noey::facepalm:

I know they are just some sad examples of the human race if the aliens wants to take something back to thier planets to do some test and that i would happily push out people like that i mean that should be interesting to them shouldnt it.

hey guys the announcement wasnt muse's :( but it was second best

Metallica is coming to nz on the 13th oct to vector arena and tix goes on sale 13th may presales i think they said about a day before then or two days sad thing is i might not be able to get my mom the tickets to go to the concert nor myself.

I applied for 6jobs yesterday and got back to my course too and now i am waiting for responses i just need to tell myself give it a few days and not to beat myself up if i dont hear anything *sighs* i hate having to keep my head above the water when i feel like i am going under.

hey everyone...i'm up nice and early this morning in london. looks like it might be another nice day!
Sweet, hope you and Oren are having heaps of fun! Greg tried to take my sandwich today. There is a big hole in my sandwich bag but he didn't get much of it, cheeky boy.