it was pretty close.

you know how i went to the hairdressers yesterday? i was in this sick haze that i didn't care what they did and had my eyes closed most of the time. i've woken up this morning a bit more aware and went to have a shower and yelled out "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" and my mum was all like "what's wrong?!"

don't go to the hairdresser when ill. my mum also asked me after to go buy some bread and meat for lunch and i couldn't think how much i'd need for five people...so i bought WAY too much. got the "are you feeding an army?"

That sounds like quite a hairdressing debacle. :chuckle: Hairrendous? Does that work? The jury is out on that one.

Sorry to hear you were so sick yesterday! :( I didn't take your snotting all over the hairdresser text seriously enough. How are you feeling now?

Awesome, hope you enjoy it.

I'm at work, but I'm too scared to check my emails in case my karaoke night organising attempt has turned out to be a complete flop. Surely they would have taken pity on my "come on, don't make me end up sitting alone on a spotted couch holding two microphones and a tambourine" line...

Can't bring myself to check though.

Oh I might go over to my friend's to watch our not-so-secret shame, The Vampire Diaries :chuckle:

I started watching that as soon as I saw pictures from it over in banter :$ Getting the latest episodes now .

Chucking this here for later discussion:

"Forbes magazine has released its annual ranking of fiction's richest people, which this year includes six new characters.

The 2010 Fictional 15 is led by Carlisle Cullen, the patriarch of Twilight's coven of vampires, who has accumulated a personal fortune of $47.9 billion during his 370-year lifetime.

Cullen's fortune stems largely from long-term investments planned with the help of his adopted daughter, Alice, who is able to give excellent stock advice because of her ability to see into the future.

A first-time entry onto the list, Cullen poses as a small-town doctor in the US state of Washington."

Wat.

How could they even know what investments he would make, anyway?

I saw that in the news this morning too! How they actually estimate how much all these characters make is mind boggling. Mr Burns from The Simpsons was estimated to have 1.3 billion, I guess he has come back up after temporaily getting kicked out of the billionares club :chuckle:

My trip to Tiritiri on Friday was fun, so many bellbirds at the feeders :happy:

IMG_1597.jpg?t=1271552323

Just relaxing this weekend while watching V8 supercars, but this morning my mum got a call saying my grandama may have had a stroke as one side of her face was drooping :( So that's worrying and I hope it doesn't get any worse.

That is such an awesome picture!

Thanks, I'll get the rest up on facebook later :)

That is such an awesome picture!

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma. :( That must be incredibly worrying. I hope she's doing OK.

Thanks, haven't heard anything more yet. Will have to wait til my mum rings or gets back from hospital.

Thanks, I'll get the rest up on facebook later :)

Thanks, haven't heard anything more yet. Will have to wait til my mum rings or gets back from hospital.

*hugs* I hope your grandma is ok. that would be a scary thing to have happen and those pics are awesome.

*hugs* I hope your grandma is ok. that would be a scary thing to have happen and those pics are awesome.

Thanks.

It's good news, wasn't a stroke. She's just gotten a few infections back which makes her look so unwell. So she should be right once they clear up.

i wonder if i should start taking bets to whether or not we'll be heading to london monday week...

That is a concern with the back log being up to 2 weeks and the unknown of how long the ash will last (plus the chance of it's bigger neighbour going off :stunned:). Here's hoping it'll be cleared up by then for you to go! But then it might be better to delay (if you can) until things get sorted out over in the UK.

Oh, and just looked at the Slendour In The Grass line up :stunned: I totally agree with you Rich, I hope we get an influx of those bands over here or I would be very tempted to go!

Edited by Michelle

That is a concern with the back log being up to 2 weeks and the unknown of how long the ash will last (plus the chance of it's bigger neighbour going off :stunned:). Here's hoping it'll be cleared up by then for you to go! But then it might be better to delay (if you can) until things get sorted out over in the UK.

Oh, and just looked at the Slendour In The Grass line up :stunned: I totally agree with you Rich, I hope we get an influx of those bands over here or I would be very tempted to go!

Can't delay anything, too much booked for hotel in london and other trips to paris and berlin...travel insurance won't pay for it unless flights are actually delayed by ash.

There will some gutted people who didn't buy insurance before the event, as if the ash affected their plans they can't claim as it wasn't unforeseen to them when they got the insurance.

Can't delay anything, too much booked for hotel in london and other trips to paris and berlin...travel insurance won't pay for it unless flights are actually delayed by ash.

There will some gutted people who didn't buy insurance before the event, as if the ash affected their plans they can't claim as it wasn't unforeseen to them when they got the insurance.

Oh ok, I see. I really hope you make your flights!

i just don't want to get stuck at abu dhabi...

great reporting on tv3, samatha hayes asks the uk reporter "So why is this crisis taking so long to resolve?" ...err, maybe the volcanic ash you just spent the last 10 minutes reporting on?

i just don't want to get stuck at abu dhabi...

great reporting on tv3, samatha hayes asks the uk reporter "So why is this crisis taking so long to resolve?" ...err, maybe the volcanic ash you just spent the last 10 minutes reporting on?

I love how they now refer to it as "Iceland's Volcano" :LOL: