dvd-audio

tobyontour2001

So does that mean the deluxe box set includes a normal CD and a special DVD-A version, or is it just the one, improved sound quality one?

it has a cd and making of dvd, and also a seperate dvd of the album in surround sound.

if you look at: http://muse.mu/upload/image/product/768x768/fa849221-ffa3-42ca-a0fd-f3b2fdad973f.jpg see the black disc in the grey sleeve

If there were no video they'd be calling it a DAD...

the v stands for versatile not video historically as it is purely a high capacity digital data disc. there's a format called dvd-audio for high definition audio, there's been lots of speculation as to if the disc will be that format but it's a dvd-video

that's correct and no it does not you can have 96khz 24bit on a DVD audio whereas if I remember correctly DVD video is 48khz 16 bit. it does have dts though which is higher bandwith than DVD video, as the DVD audio format never really look took off I imagine there aren't that many people with decoders for it

that's correct and no it does not you can have 96khz 24bit on a DVD audio whereas if I remember correctly DVD video is 48khz 16 bit. it does have dts though which is higher bandwith than DVD video, as the DVD audio format never really look took off I imagine there aren't that many people with decoders for it

Boo, how boring of them

the v stands for versatile not video historically as it is purely a high capacity digital data disc. there's a format called dvd-audio for high definition audio, there's been lots of speculation as to if the disc will be that format but it's a dvd-video

Ah, okay :happy:

Archived