Your Muse Collection! (And Collecting Questions)

Niall

Showbiz

Origin of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes & Revelations

HAARP

The Resistance

Non-Album Tracks (Downloaded via iTunes)- (Fury, The Gallery, Hyper Chondriac Music, Glorious, Sing for Absolution (Acoustic Radio 2), Twin, Host, Coma, Dead Star, In Your World, Futurism, Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Shine, Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, Shine (Acoustic), Map of The Problematique [AOL Session], Do We Need This?, Pink Ego Box, Con-Science, Minimum, Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever), Shrinking Universe, Piano Thing, Map of Your Head, Nature_1, Execution Commentary, Bedroom Acoustics, Easily, Ashamed Yes Please, Crying Shame, The Groove, Recess, Falling Down (Live Acoustic), Nishe, Hate This and I'll Love You (Live Acoustic), Sober (Live), Jimmy Kane, Forced In, Agitated)

EDIT: and the NME Icons Muse magazine

:happy:

Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, Dead Star / In Your World, Hullabaloo Soundtrack, Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations, HAARP CD The Resistance, B-Sides Compilation. 8-Bit Compilation.

Hullabaloo, Absolution Tour, HAARP, Digital Compilation of Glasto '10

NME Special Edition Magazine.

Albums

Showbiz

Origin of Symmetry

Hullabaloo

Absolution

Black Holes and Revelations

The Resistance

Singles

Dead Star/ In Your World

Starlight

Uprising

Undiclosed desires 3 track

Resistance

Live

Haarp

Absolutuion Tour

not that big collection but im working :)

My increndibly huge CD collection consists of:

Black Holes & Revelations (with bonus DVD)

The Resistance

...and that's it. I seriously need to get some money to buy Absolution, OoS and Showbiz, because I prefer these albums over the ones that I have :$

If you're wondering, I listened to those last 3 albums thanks to the wonder that is Youtube.

updated list (new are in dark red):

CD albums:

- Showbiz

- Origin of Symmetry

- Hullabaloo Soundtrack

- Absolution

- Absolution (cd & dvd)

- Black Holes & Revelations

- Black Holes & Revelations (cd & dvd)

- HAARP

- The Resistance (digi)

- The Resistance (jewel case)

CD singles:

- Supermassive Black Hole

- Starlight

- Knights of Cydonia

- Invincible

- Uprising

- Resistance

- Undisclosed Desires (3 track)

- Undisclosed Desires (2 track)

DVD singles:

- Supermassive Black Hole

- Starlight

- Knights of Cydonia

- Invincible

Vinyl:

- Unintended 7"

- Time Is Running Out 7"

- Hysteria 7"

- Supermassive Black Hole 7"

- Starlight 7"

- Knights of Cydonia 7"

- Uprising 7"

- Resistance 7"

- Exogenesis 12"

Box sets:

- Symmetry Box

- Absolution Box

- Black Holes & Revelations (promo)

- The Resistance (#1061)

Just wondering if what I can buy is worth it for their price:

Sunburn MUSE 6 - 13.00

Sunburn single CD 2 - 2.99

Muscle Museum single CD 2 - 4.99

Muscle Museum single CD 1 - 13.00

Muscle Museum MUSE 10 - 17.00

Muscle Museum MUSE 5 - 21.00

MUSE 16 - 39.99

I have a feeling some of these are not worth the money. :rolleyes:

Got these three in this morning. Just need MUSE4 and I'm set for the Showbiz era!

Kynch, I'm getting very envious of your promo collection :p - I've got a few to go to complete the MUSE1-20 list.

I dunno where people get the funds to buy so much at once, I find it difficult to build up the collection because prices always vary between sellers over the same items, and I end up spending way more than I should most of the time :rolleyes:. Plus, I get addicted and end up having to cut myself off from eBay and collectors' sites :LOL::$.

Just wondering if what I can buy is worth it for their price:

Sunburn MUSE 6 - £13.00

Sunburn single CD 2 - £2.99

Muscle Museum single CD 2 - £4.99

Muscle Museum single CD 1 - £13.00

Muscle Museum MUSE 10 - £17.00

Muscle Museum MUSE 5 - £21.00

MUSE 16 - £39.99

I have a feeling some of these are not worth the money. :rolleyes:

£40 for the New Born remixes promo?!?!!! :wtf: That's a bigger rip-off than the stuff on eil.com :LOL:.

Those are extortionate prices - don't waste your money. They'll appear for cheaper, believe me. ;) I paid too much for MUSE 5; it shouldn't cost more than a fiver, really. That goes for pretty much all of those. The Plug In Baby promo went for about £4 the other day, and I see listed that less than the Muscle Museum stuff.

Kynch, I'm getting very envious of your promo collection :p - I've got a few to go to complete the MUSE1-20 list.

I dunno where people get the funds to buy so much at once, I find it difficult to build up the collection because prices always vary between sellers over the same items, and I end up spending way more than I should most of the time :rolleyes:. Plus, I get addicted and end up having to cut myself off from eBay and collectors' sites :LOL::$.

£40 for the New Born remixes promo?!?!!! :wtf: That's a bigger rip-off than the stuff on eil.com :LOL:.

Those are extortionate prices - don't waste your money. They'll appear for cheaper, believe me. ;) I paid too much for MUSE 5; it shouldn't cost more than a fiver, really. That goes for pretty much all of those. The Plug In Baby promo went for about £4 the other day, and I see listed that less than the Muscle Museum stuff.

Prices vary according to condition - expect to pay through the nose for a mint/unplayed copy of anything and much less if it's well-used. Coming from a Northern Soul vinyl-collecting household I recommend that if you eventually want to sell your collection you buy the best quality available. If you are collecting for your own sake - go for cheaper used items.

Prices vary according to condition - expect to pay through the nose for a mint/unplayed copy of anything and much less if it's well-used. Coming from a Northern Soul vinyl-collecting household I recommend that if you eventually want to sell your collection you buy the best quality available. If you are collecting for your own sake - go for cheaper used items.

I don't collect to sell, I collect to keep ;). I still want my items to be in good condition, and I do think you can find that without having to break the bank - I have done on many occasions over the years. It doesn't have to be mint/brand new/unplayed (for me), but I see no reason why MUSE 5 graded excellent should cost more than £5-6. It's an old, commonly sold promo. I wouldn't pay £12, much less £21. I get the whole condition thing can influence the price, but some people use that as an excuse to sell for ridiculous amounts; £40 for MUSE 16 is absolutely outrageous, even if it was pressed and produced yesterday and shinier than a new coin :LOL:.

Albums:

Showbiz CD

OOS CD

Absolution CD

BHAR CD

The Resistance LTD boxset (#4503)

DVD:

Hullabaloo

HAARP

EP:

Muse (#404)

Muscle Museum (promo)

Other stuff:

100 page NME icons thing

signed setlist from sheffield arena (04/11/09)

all access pass from '06 US tour

various accessories (not really worth listing)

You should have to buy Absolution Tour.

It is a must buy DVD for a Muse fan ( well.... in my opinion):D

Cheers! Been working my ass off to acquire all these.

I do still need the two vinyls from the MUSE X series.

And to be honest, I found most of mine through collectors who were selling off their collections. So I maanged to get them for a very very nice price, considering how much some were going for on eBay.

Ebay is good, but I always try to buy off online vinyl markets, can get some nice muse stuff at nice prices. :)

And yes, I thought some of the prices I posted were a bit extreme, so I won't be buying them - I'll aim for a maximum of £15 a CD... though it's so tempting to go way over that, and I know I shouldn't. :(

Ebay is good, but I always try to buy off online vinyl markets, can get some nice muse stuff at nice prices. :)

And yes, I thought some of the prices I posted were a bit extreme, so I won't be buying them - I'll aim for a maximum of £15 a CD... though it's so tempting to go way over that, and I know I shouldn't. :(

Good decision!

My opinon is that if you desperately want something and have the cash to pay for it - go for it and pay through the nose. If you don't have the cash, sit back and wait for your item to be available and offer what you can afford. Eventually it will be at the right price for you.

The sad thing is - if I want someting I usually pay silly money to have it:$

Archived