Older Muser's

Orlana

Well....post no.2...:rolleyes::D

I think I'm going to have to go and invite people. I think a lot of people still don't know about the groups yet.

I'd like to find out how many 'oldies' there actually are on this here forum.:)

Well one of the younger ones had started the younger Musers group, so I thought I'd start the older one.:D

Well Cris, I'm only 'slightly' mature.....I don't know about you...:LOL:

If anyone would like to post some pics, please feel free. I have some I want to post but I don't know how yet. I need a little bit time to work it out.:rolleyes:

Hey Sam.....yes, well that depends if you're talking about wine or cheese.:eek::LOL:

And Huei......are you not sure who you are? Or is that the big question mark of life?:D

Why are we here? That's a question I frequently ask myself. Well I know why I'm on HERE, that's all that matters.:happy:

Sorry I'm babbling on about nowt......tired brain.......time for bed. :sleepy:

Hi Helen! Thank you very much for inviting me to the "Older Musers" Group - I feel very priveleged to join! What does everyone think of the "friends" and "groups" thing? I've already had 1 "addy" (oh God, I'm so hip I don't think I can stand it! :) ) - that's what the young whipper snappers call it when you "add" someone as a friend or they add you isn't it? And now an invitation to this group! Here I was thinking I would get all depressed if I wasn't inundated with invitations! :) Great idea Helen!

Well I created an album, put a photo in the album then tried to upload it here, but I got a message saying it must be a "valid picture" or something? Help anyone?

So what are we going to discuss here? The meaning of life or what? :)

Hi Clair,

That's quite alright, you're more than welcome here. I'm still relatively new to all this social networking stuff, but I think it's quite a nice idea on here.

Sorry, can't help you with the photo carry on.....I haven't had a chance to fathom it out yet either. I'll have a play around at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

We can discuss anything you like....the meaning of life sounds good to me...but where would we start?:stunned::)

How's tricks down under at the mo.?

I don't think you know yet....but Mary and I booked our flights to Australia last week. We fly out to Sydney on the 2nd Oct. and return home on the 27th. I'm flying home from Brisbane, but Mary's flying home from Sydney. We need to sort out hotels and internal flights now.:)

xxx

Hi Mary,

Business as usual downunder at the mo! Petrol is up $1.55 per litre - cost me $99 to fill up the car - thank goodness it's a lease car! The weather has been beautiful - we're in the last weeks of Autumn but we've still been able to feel the bite of the sun, but today the temperature dropped and it came over all cloudy, so winter must be on it's way! When you and Mary are here it will be spring, so hopefully it will be warm - it will be in Qld anyway, but as I suggested to Sue, it's 4 seasons in one day over here, so bring a bit of everything! It's great you have set the dates - we should be able to plan a get together! You both must be very excited! :)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't visited lately - I have been doing extra shifts at work to try to fund my "Muse Ozdyssey", have recently completed the assessments and exam for my first subject for my TAFE course, Lucy was in the Shoalhaven Eisteddfod (came 2nd in one of her sections :D) which meant two trips down south in one weekend, and the girls are now playing netball again which takes up all of Saturday, and I sometimes work on Saturday morning! Not to mention all the driving of the girls to and from there activities five afternoons/evenings a week! I will try soon to read up on what everyone's been doing and do some furious multiquoting! Hope you're all happy healthy, read you soon!

Luv Clair, still loving and missing MUSE! :D

Hello to the new 'oldies'. *waves*

We did have an 'oldies' thread that was in the 'other muse topics' section but it got moved to banter. After that it just died, it's now on page 174. Banter just wasn't the right place for it, as regular poster's don't always go in there and new poster's would never find it in there. I was thinking of reviving it, but gocanux (head 'oldie') has a thread in the loveboat section called 'gocanux and the new oldies'. So if any of you want to call in there and say hi, you'll be made most welcome.:)

Helen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Goodbyegirl

It's the 'original oldie' dropping by. Hello to all oldies past and present. Long time since i 'chatted' with some of you but I haven't forgotten any of you. Karin.

• 1 month later...

HEY SPUDS!

Hi everyone! Just a quick note to say I'm still alive and that tonight Kieran, my brother and I are going to see DEVO!!!!! One of my favourite bands from the 80's and one of the many bands/artists that brought Kieran and I together all those years ago when we became high school sweethearts! I can't believe they're even touring! Can't wait - I'm listening to a live album of their's now - it's fantastic!

So remember to KEEP DE-EVOLVING AND

WHIP IT! WHIP IT GOOD! :D

(I know who I'd like to whip! :D)

Copulator!

Love Clair xxx

They were fantastic! As my brother said, he knew it was going to be a good show when they played "Whip It' fourth song! Fancy being so confident to play their most popular hit so early in the show! They were note perfect, sounded great, brought back great memories with a couple of little "down memory lane" movies, even Booji Boy came out! My husband and brother wouldn't go from their seats from the floor to dance, but I did! As soon as "Girl You Want" came on I couldn't help myself! Heaps of people dressed up in yellow boiler suits and wore energy domes! Mainly oldies like us - people with their little kids - but we met up with a young couple in their 20's who were following them around Australia! (Now where have I heard about fans following their favourite band around before? ;) I've been listening to a greatest hits/live album of theirs all week - love it! Warner Music Japan have released a limited edition box set of all their CD's - I'm getting one off ebay for my birthday (next tuesday - 12 August).

I hope this isn't a "farewell tour" or anything like that - I would love to see them again - but hopefully not in another 25 years. They've all put on a bit of weight, but they still look good in their boiler suits - which they stripped off to be wearing t-shirts, bike pants and knee guards! I think it was all the originals except for the drummer.

Gotta go - I'm supposed to be studying!

Luv Clair xxx

ARE WE NOT MEN?

WE ARE DEVO!

• 5 months later...