Pressure beginning to break in sports world

jetcap

Noticed two instances of the song Pressure being featured last night. First ESPN used it as an outro from its boxing broadcast, and also, it was played in arena between plays in Vancouver Canucks game. Not bad for being a week old but I expect it to be as big or bigger than Uprising throughout stadiums and arenas across North America.

I suspect that the people who do music for sports productions have Muse album news on their news alerts . :chuckle: The band seems to be very aware of this particular way of promotion with the marching band versio on the album. I remember even Madness being used in edit:basketball ("March Madness").That being said, I don't know if Pressure has the potential as being as big of a sports song as Uprising.

Edited by sade

.That being said, I don't know if Pressure has the potential as being as big of a sports song as Uprising.

I only say that because they'll be able to trot it out anytime there is a "pressure" situation, so basically any game played. Close game in hockey, pitching changes in baseball etc.

I remember Washington Capitals used to come onto the ice 10-15 years ago to Hysteria.

Anaheim Ducks and Dallas Stars have also featured a lot of their music over the years.

Psycho (surprisingly w/o vocals:LOL:) has been staple over past few years and used to hear MK Ultra once in a while but don't remember what stadium(s) off hand.

Certainly I have heard Uprising at football a couple of times - indeed, when I went to one match in 2016, the chorus was playing when the teams walked out. Plus a few tracks on sporting videos, including one from 2012 earlier that had bits of Isolated System, Follow Me and Unsustainable, and I seem to recall having heard Butterflies & Hurricanes and Apocalypse Please.

But equally, Pressure feels like a new sporting breakout track for the US market. Especially the whole marching band thing.