2019.03.30 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

halo eighteen

• 2 weeks later...

First 112 times trying to get tix in presale got me tix right on side of stage that were listed as obstructed view. Finally got something "okay", about 12 rows up at far end on the side. Not very happy but it is what it is...wouldn't have expected obstructed view seats as prime offering for the first of presales.

That being said, got what was listed as obstructed view for Depeche Mode a couple of years ago and they couldn't have been better, so sometimes it is luck of the draw and the eventual stage set-up.

After some debating between this and the Quebec show, this one won out (the Saturday date is just that much easier for time off work and travel). Got tickets this morning (GA for 3 of us) in the pre-sale with no issues - probably the smoothest one yet.

See you all there! :D

I preordered their album in order to get priority access and I ended up buying tkts on the side of the stage cause i let the booking system select the best available seats.. then I realized it says "partially obstructed view" on my receipt and tkts. I just hope it's not that bad.

Feel sorry for those who didn't get tix from various presales.

Tickets "officially" go on sale today at noon, but looks like slim pickings from seat map.

Floor: sold-out

Reds (lower bowl): sold out

Mezzanine: sold out

Lower portion of upper deck: sold out

Only thing left is upper-upper deck where you're closer to shaking hands with Jesus than with band.

Predictable since band usually plays 2 nights in Montreal (still might) and about a third of arena is blocked off behind stage

EDIT: Not as bad as I thought, moment presale started it showed seats in all sections; first offering was the far end directly facing the stage but listed as "partially obstructed view" presumably because you're behind sound board.

2nd time was in far corner up high in lower bowl. Given this, happier with my original purchase

Edited by jetcap

Feel sorry for those who didn't get tix from various presales.

Tickets "officially" go on sale today at noon, but looks like slim pickings from seat map.

Floor: sold-out

Reds (lower bowl): sold out

Mezzanine: sold out

Lower portion of upper deck: sold out

Only thing left is upper-upper deck where you're closer to shaking hands with Jesus than with band.

Predictable since band usually plays 2 nights in Montreal (still might) and about a third of arena is blocked off behind stage

EDIT: Not as bad as I thought, moment presale started it showed seats in all sections; first offering was the far end directly facing the stage but listed as "partially obstructed view" presumably because you're behind sound board.

2nd time was in far corner up high in lower bowl. Given this, happier with my original purchase

I just had a look out of interest, and there's still availability in GA and most of the lower sections if you're just looking for one or two tickets. I didn't go through so far as to see if where it would actually offer me in those lower sections. Once you get up to 6, 7, or 8 in your selection, a lot of the lower sections disappear (presumably shortage of that many seats together), but GA is still available.

As for the possibility of a second night in Montreal like past tours, it sure looks like they're aiming to keep things to mostly single nights this go round, and they haven't left much space in their schedule. All of the dates around the Montreal show have at most one day between them (Atlanta on the 26th, Toronto on the 28th, Montreal on the 30th, and then Quebec on the 31st and Washington on April 2nd). So if you added another show in there it would be several nights in a row, and then you'd think that Toronto would probably warrant a second show too - and heck, Quebec got 2 nights on the last tour as well... The second nights have sometimes been added later, but in those cases there were typically notable gaps between shows where they could fit that in. Not looking likely with this schedule.

EDIT: Looking at the Bell Centre schedule, the Harlem Globetrotters are there on the 29th (which would be the only option to do two nights back-to-back), and Ariana Grande is there on the 1st. So this is it, unless they come back for another leg at a later time.

Edited by timberley

Had the same experience in the presale code that i got for purchasing the album, however didn't realize until i purchased that the tickets had partially obstructed view (not sure if it was clear or not prior to completing my purchase).

Evenko's algorithm to pick the "best" available tickets is clearly broken. Complained to them but since all sales are finale, they won't help. So pre-ordering the album at a premium price (they charged 10$ USD shipping since we're in Canada) to get premium access to the tickets sale was a complete waste it seems. That presale code gave us access mostly to partially obstructed view tickets, and that really feels wrong.

I tried to get my hands on better ticket during the general sale, and i managed to pull up tickets in the red, but a bit further in the back. Didn't pull the trigger since i didn't want to have to resell 5 tickets, but as i tried to do that, i discovered that i would have gotten the new album for free with the tickets during the general sale!

So... pre-ordering to get access to bad tickets, then manage to see better tickets with free album during the general sale == sad.

If anyone wants to trade 5 non-obstructed view tickets for obstructed view tickets, don't hesistate to reach out :)

If I never have to click on a traffic light or fire hydrant ever again, it won't be a moment too soon.

Followed presale a bit and lower bowl disappeared after about 10 minutes. They showed available sections colored in after that...but you couldn't actually get seats in them.

Worst thing is that all the best seats will be available a week or two before the show because for whatever reason some people don't think that a poster and lunch pail is worth an extra $250 to the cost of your ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

All regular tickets were gone the day following the general onsale, but now they have opened up some additional sections. They have added 104/110, 204/210, 303/304/316/317 and 404/404/416/417. If you select these, they show up as "Backstage - partially obstructed view". Looking at the stage design on the map, it is clear that some of those seats are starting to push slightly around the back of the main stage. We don't know what it will look like yet (apart from the footprint), so I wonder how much of the view will be lost from those seats/blocked by the stage itself.

Evidently this is going to be a very packed show!

• 4 months later...

This is my first time going to the Bell Centre, and I was wondering what the setup there for the queue is like?  The weather forecast is horrid for Saturday and it's not looking like a good situation -- anyone have any experience at gigs there?

15 hours ago, hyena17 said:

This is my first time going to the Bell Centre, and I was wondering what the setup there for the queue is like?  The weather forecast is horrid for Saturday and it's not looking like a good situation -- anyone have any experience at gigs there?

The normal setup there is the queue forms in the Rio Tinto Court, which is the open area on the North/North-east side (between the Bell Centre and the old Windsor Station). The entrance itself is about half way down the building, and the line tends to form heading towards Avenue des Canadiens de Montreal. It's outside, but there is a substantial overhang from the building itself, so there is some shelter right along the wall. The line will eventually start snaking back and forth further out, but from my experience that doesn't usually happen until closer to doors open. If you're there any time earlier in the day you'll be along the wall and under the overhang. 

Only two times I've been there were much better weather. I was out there for Radiohead last summer, which was a gorgeous day, though it rained really briefly in the afternoon - the overhang kept us covered from that. I was there for Muse on the T2L tour and queued from ~10am. That show was only a few weeks later (mid April), but it was much nicer weather than this weekend looks to be. One issue we ran into though was that being on the shaded side of the building through mid-day and afternoon, it got pretty chilly - out in the sun it was gorgeous (the shade had the opposite effect last summer - gave shelter on a hot July day). 

I'm also a bit worried about how Saturday is going to go. You're absolutely right, the weather forecast does look pretty abysmal right now, and I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of spending hours and hours outside in near freezing temps and whatever mix of snow and rain ends up coming down. Again, the overhang will help provide some shelter, but not much from the cold. 

I am curious if anyone else here has experience with going to any winter or messy early spring shows there. 

• Like 1