Sign in to follow this  
forevermusic

2017.06.10 - austin360 Amphitheater, Austin, TX, USA

Has anyone been to this venue before? I'm from Houston so I haven't been here. Seems really nice in pictures but it might suck, being outdoors and all in June.

what do you want to know about it?

it's at the site where the north american F1 race is held each year.

everybody is exposed to the elements (rain or [potentially excessive] heat, depending) -- pit, seats, and lawn; it's totally uncovered.

the pit is flat (normal), but huge -- it, alone, can hold well over 3,000 people. there is a marginal incline for the seated areas. if you're on the lawn, however, good luck trying to see anything.

it's also quite a drive from metro austin; the venue is about a half hour drive east of the city.

what do you want to know about it?

it's at the site where the north american F1 race is held each year.

everybody is exposed to the elements (rain or [potentially excessive] heat, depending) -- pit, seats, and lawn; it's totally uncovered.

the pit is flat (normal), but huge -- it, alone, can hold well over 3,000 people. there is a marginal incline for the seated areas. if you're on the lawn, however, good luck trying to see anything.

it's also quite a drive from metro austin; the venue is about a half hour drive east of the city.

Yeah I did a little research and saw it's on Circuit of the Americas. I was wondering how strict they are with the no camera/ no video policy because I just saw that on my tickets. I was really hoping to get some nice pictures with my camera but it says on the website for the venue you can't take anything that won't fit in your shirt pocket

I'm going and we will all die of heatstroke.

c u there.

93 degrees today where i am. it's early february -- close to the dead of winter.

indeed, we may all melt in june.

I've been to that venue before; they will pad you at the entrance and check for big cameras; I have been able to get in with a small point and shoot camera.

I've been to that venue before; they will pad you at the entrance and check for big cameras; I have been able to get in with a small point and shoot camera.

So no DSLR then... Damn. I guess it would be kind of a pain to carry in the pit anyway.

Just saw the Atlanta setlist. I've never rolled my eyes so hard in my entire life. I get my hopes up too high.

how do we request some songs for this show?

Pretty sure they're not taking requests. But you could tweet at them or comment on their Instagram or something. What're you thinking of requesting?

They are requesting them on face book. Let's do fury assassin and microcuts!!!!

apparently voting will take place for three songs; more than likely, it'll be three piles of dung.

i sense looming sabotage from those on facebook who won't be at the gig. then again, it will be a livestream, so hopefully that's some incentive for ppl to vote for more obscure (yet, hopefully, recently-practiced) material?

I've got a couple of GA pit tickets for sale. Looking for face value so $125 obo. I can exchange in person at the show

I can anticipate trolls trying to fuck up our chances of getting something awesome.

no question. it will happen.

...though a sliver of me does hope that some ppl will come to their senses and vote for reasonable 'rarities'...

no question. it will happen.

...though a sliver of me does hope that some ppl will come to their senses and vote for reasonable 'rarities'...

its impossible they are already playing the common ones, surely we get three relatively rare ones

my predictions

stockholm

citizen erased and maps

its impossible they are already playing the common ones, surely we get three relatively rare ones

my predictions

stockholm

citizen erased and maps

Yeah that's what I'm guessing will be our choices. And somehow they'll still lose to the regular set list. It would be cool though if they had choices like assassin and micro cuts and all those rarer ones