Grammy Nomination 2016

Hyper

You have to admit that rock has declined, as a genre, massively in the US. Not the quality of individual acts.

Hell, I live in an area that doesn't have a "rock" station that plays more than like ACDC and Five Finger Death Punch over and over.

We just, as a whole, don't have the interest in it that other countries do.

That's why they couldn't even muster up enough true rock acts for the Grammy noms.

You have to admit that rock has declined, as a genre, massively in the US. Not the quality of individual acts.

Hell, I live in an area that doesn't have a "rock" station that plays more than like ACDC and Five Finger Death Punch over and over.

We just, as a whole, don't have the interest in it that other countries do.

That's why they couldn't even muster up enough true rock acts for the Grammy noms.

I agree with the first part, though maybe it's just that my town (Charlottesville) is really open-minded and has a lot of rock stations. As for the last part; when we got such great albums this year as Disturbed's Immortalized and Steven Wilson's Hand. Cannot. Erase., it does seem like you might be correct, though to be fair, when have the Grammys ever been an accurate representation of music?

• 3 weeks later...