2016.01.14 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, USA

emperorhand

The JLA box office is open at 10 am according to their website. You can probably pick up the tickets anytime after that. Or just call them to find out for certain.

IDK if this sounds similar from last time at the Joe, but the BO didn't have all the names or even the tickets printed by the time they opened - noticed this at other venues as well - something about needing data files from the promoters and such. so they might have them at open, or they might be ready a little later. if you have to travel back and forth from the venue, and you're not staying in one place near the venue during the day (a lá queuing :D) I would call first or have a friend who is queuing confirm they're actually handing out the tickets, just to avoid frustration

@Nigel_Tufnel, thoughts?

Thank you so much! And we're getting pre-sale tickets for the first time too, and we're picking them up at Will Call. Does anyone know if there's a time we HAVE to get them before the show, or anything like that, or can we just pick them up anytime before...?

so hopefully JLA is organized right, at the United Center the BO opened at 10am and tickets were ready.

you should have them in hand if you're entering when doors open (sorry if I'm stating the obvs :D) but if you arrive late/r, the tickets might be moved to a different gate/ window and you'll have to chase them down

So because I got bored, I went through all the prior Michigan setlists and figured out their top 15 songs played here. Kinda interesting, some stuff on there we'd be really lucky to see now: Apocalypse, Bliss, Butterflies, Citizen, MotP, Small Print, Sunburn..

Also of note that New Born has been played at every Michigan show up until now (and Stockholm was until last tour), so that'll most likely change.

Well, that was a shit setlist, wasn't it? Eurasia was scheduled to be played but they got started a bit late and cut it. I thought the dil-drone crashing after thirty seconds was amusing, but what was certainly not amusing was the number of songs we got (16?) and the rarities played (0). Ugh.

I realized late in the set that the piano had not come out. I kept hoping that we were going to be treated to some surprise later in the show but I guess that was too much to hope for.

It was ridiculous when those drones started dropping into the crowd and onto the stage. I also kept waiting for the Dil-drone to appear because I knew that my wife would crack up. Unfortunately, they were having some trouble...keeping it up. By that point, I was just rolling my eyes when I saw them dragging it across the lower bowl and out the door.

Seriously watching that gigantic dildo come out wobbling all over the place, immediately nosediving into the stands and watching pieces of it tragically float up to the rafters was the biggest Spinal Tap moment yet. So comical. And during such a "serious" song too hah.

All in all, it wasn't a bad show. Given the choice between Eurasia and nothing, I'm actually quite ok with nothing. Despite skipping a song, the show honestly felt like it dragged at points. "Resistance" getting perhaps the biggest crowd response embarrasses me beyond belief, too. Muse and its targeted fanbase are light years away from where they were in 2004-2007. Style over substance - the rockier songs were great though. Stockholm or Assassin could've left a better lasting impression to break up the downtime and pop stuff (Undisclosed Desires, seriously? Why is that still a thing in 2016?).

Also wasn't that House of the Rising Sun played briefly before TIRO? Setlist fm doesn't list it, but does list Jimmy Hendrix before SMBH which I don't recall at all. That just sounded like generic kaoss wankery to me.

Given the choice between Eurasia and nothing, I'm actually quite ok with nothing.

Ha, I thought the same thing when I saw that Eurasia was supposed to be played.

I wanted to be surprised by the setlist so I didn't check any others out prior to the show. Was happy at first, hearing the Hysteria/Map combo, but once it became clear that there wasn't even going to be a piano song, let alone mini-set, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping that at the end of The Globalist, they would break into New Born, but alas, we got a tape of Drones. Again. :rolleyes:

I heard the JLA staff fooked up the queuing ... not the experience we had last tour, apparently?

omg, that was so stupid last night. They had people go through security into the building, scanned tickets and everything.. then corral everyone back outside in the cold into a barricaded area to filter back inside when the doors officially opened.

Then it looked like they had let a certain amount of people into the arena floor before blocking people off for some unknown reason. Maybe it was just VIP people who had access during that time though, I was too busy getting food/drinks to really pay attention to what was going on.

Seriously watching that gigantic dildo come out wobbling all over the place, immediately nosediving into the stands and watching pieces of it tragically float up to the rafters was the biggest Spinal Tap moment yet. So comical. And during such a "serious" song too hah.

In ancient Rome, priests called augurs used bird signs to predict the future. While we were driving up to Detroit last night, a hawk came swooping across the highway right into the windshield of my car. Thankfully, he glanced over the roof with no damage done to us. From that moment on, Muse's big, black albatross never stood a chance. I couldn't quite figure out at one point if the crew was trying to toss it up like a kite to get it airborne or were just carrying it across several sections of presumably confused concert-goers. :LOL:

Either way, from my user name you can tell that I appreciate a good Spinal Tap moment.

omg, that was so stupid last night. They had people go through security into the building, scanned tickets and everything.. then corral everyone back outside in the cold into a barricaded area to filter back inside when the doors officially opened.

Then it looked like they had let a certain amount of people into the arena floor before blocking people off for some unknown reason. Maybe it was just VIP people who had access during that time though, I was too busy getting food/drinks to really pay attention to what was going on.

actually scanning tickets inside then herding the early queuers back outside into a holding pen is what we experienced last time, too. what I thought I heard was multiple doors opening at once .... we froze our asses off twice so sounds like that was at minimum the same experience as yours :twitchy::LOL:

@Nigel_Tufnel one of the things I do wish they would get away from are the numerous stunts. they have a great visuals show already, the flying whatnots should be saved for another Wembley or whatever and make sure they bloody work, and one type of custom confetti was plenty, did we really need it inside the black balloons and all the streamers too? i refer to all of this as having too many 'stunts' :indiff:

Edited by jaelu
because iOS 9x messed up touch interface now I spell shit wrong all the time

You're right about the stunts. They can be more of a distraction at times. At least, the drones fit in with the general theme and they were original. Nobody had tried such a thing before...and maybe we now know why. The damn things barely work. The drones really added something to the show when they stayed in the air.

The Hullaballoons are a Muse tradition of sorts so I'd let them slide. The confetti is done to death at shows these days. It's a shame that the balloons and confetti elicit a bigger response from the crowd than half the songs. Reminds me of attending a sporting event and seeing the scoreboard repeatedly imploring the crowd to "MAKE SOME NOISE!" If you want me to cheer, give me something to bloody cheer about.

I was wondering if anyone else wonders why they haven't made "Revolt" part of their set-lists in the US? I looked at a few set lists that were reported online and they don't seem to play Revolt at any of their concerts in the US, I could be wrong, I didn't check them all. I just find this interesting, because one of their few videos for this Album is Revolt, and they made a 360/VR music Video for this song....why not showcase it? Also it killed me at the Detroit Concert that they had all these guys dressed as troops with Blue LED lights on their helmets come out right before the band and then they didn't do anything....really wanted to see them do something...perhaps had they played "Revolt" they would have. Was also sad their big Rocket drone crashed right after they launched it, and they had trouble with the clear orb drones the second time they flew them..Don't get me wrong the Concert was EPIC! and we are fortunate to have seen the drones at all apparently they didn't fly them in Chicago.

I was wondering if anyone else wonders why they haven't made "Revolt" part of their set-lists in the US? I looked at a few set lists that were reported online and they don't seem to play Revolt at any of their concerts in the US, I could be wrong, I didn't check them all. I just find this interesting, because one of their few videos for this Album is Revolt, and they made a 360/VR music Video for this song....why not showcase it? Also it killed me at the Detroit Concert that they had all these guys dressed as troops with Blue LED lights on their helmets come out right before the band and then they didn't do anything....really wanted to see them do something...perhaps had they played "Revolt" they would have. Was also sad their big Rocket drone crashed right after they launched it, and they had trouble with the clear orb drones the second time they flew them..Don't get me wrong the Concert was EPIC! and we are fortunate to have seen the drones at all apparently they didn't fly them in Chicago.

They played Revolt at more than half of the gigs I think. Then they dropped Reapers from the front of the set and a few gigs later it started taking place of Revolt.

well that sucks, I would have liked to have seen Revolt, figures they dropped it, wonder if the guys are just getting sick of their own Album. Wish I lived in Europe and could afford to see their first show of a new Album, bet they would play longer and be super energetic. Either way I almost missed out on this concert and was stoked to see them play...I get sooo excited to see them play live, I just hate how it seems to be over so quickly..... On a side note could you guys tell me how to add a pic and what concerts i have been to onto my profile, I'm not a computer noob, but I'm sick of looking to try and figure it out, if you would give me a hint that would be awesome. Thanks

On a side note could you guys tell me how to add a pic and what concerts i have been to onto my profile, I'm not a computer noob, but I'm sick of looking to try and figure it out, if you would give me a hint that would be awesome. Thanks

First off, I'm sorry to say but I vaguely remember that I kind of had to teach myself :LOL: so basically you have to try figure out how to to encode it: find posts with -pics- and -spoilers- that you like and hit the Quote button (maybe into a new tab), then hit Go Advanced. Go Advanced will display the encoding text. Take a screen cap or whatever, and just close the window otherwise you might actually post it :rolleyes: Go to the User CP page, and select Edit Signature, there's instructions how to incl a small photo in your sig. I didn't want to make this too long cuz I don't want to get dinged for being completely off topic :p oh and Preview Post is a great button