2016.01.14 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI, USA

emperorhand

The Palace is quite a bit nicer, but on the other hand using the people mover lets you park a distance away and not deal with post-gig traffic. And I appreciate the dinner options surrounding the arena. That cold, though.

That's true, the last time I was at the Joe for something I took the People Mover to the Broadway stop and ate at Small Plates. Really recommend that place. This will probably be the last time Muse play the Joe, since the new hockey arena should be open by the next tour.

We'll be driving from 3 hours away from Ohio. I don't want to but there's no guarantee they'll come to ohio.

Muse has always played Ohio on their major tours, often multiple cities. Likely the second leg in the fall will fill in some of the mid-sized market gaps.

Got my floor tickets, although I was tempted to go reserved since 122 should be a good section.

Muse has always played Ohio on their major tours, often multiple cities. Likely the second leg in the fall will fill in some of the mid-sized market gaps.

Got my floor tickets, although I was tempted to go reserved since 122 should be a good section.

I can't go in the fall as I'm due with my baby in June, so it's now or never!

Logged in right at 10am...got 120 row 13? Now I'm seeing options for much lower rows (5-6 range). I guess I'd rather be a bit up in case the stage is a bit higher. Might be a better view a few more rows up. Oh well. Either way I'm STOKED. Damn pricey though. But...it's Muse. I still paid, and I know it'll be worth it. Can't wait to see what this stage set up looks like.

You'll be good with those seats - I was 109 row 14 last tour with the presale and was surprised at how good they were. The rows at the Joe are pretty steep so it allows for a clean view and still feels pretty close.

They'll probably add Chicago before this one, but I kinda hope not because it'd be cool to be the first show back from holiday break. They've always treated Michigan well, so I'm expecting this show to be pretty special.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No point in queuing if you're not general admission...unless you want to hang out with the people who are.

The weather forecast for Detroit on Thursday is below freezing temperatures and snow. Let's just hope the crew has a safe and speedy trip from Chicago. It will take some brave souls to camp out there for more than a few hours, especially when the VIP's will get the best barrier spots anyway. I have central seats a few rows up because my wife doesn't like GA and would never stand outside longer than necessary. We'll be at the Joe right after we're done eating in Greektown.

I'm hoping so much to hear Citizen Erased, Bliss and/or Apocalypse Please.

I couldn't make up my mind about going to this gig. Now tho, I'm open to swapping my extra Chicago GA ticket for good Detroit seated, but spouse probably can't get off work at this late point tho. We froze our asses off in Detroit back in 2013 and I definitely don't want to do that again.

love how venue security seemingly took pity on us, and we might get in early! we abandoned heavy gear, anticipating to finish waiting inside. it was a sore disappointment however, when we got inside only to be herded back outside into what seemed like a holding pen! I guess they thought they were doing us early queuers a favor by separating us from the other GA folk that were lining up. one idiot well behind us was wearing some skimpy club-wear and what looked like 4-inch heels. must've already been on something bc that person did not seem to be feeling the cold in the tiny outfit! we were amazed