Help My Daughter Bellamy

I had no idea which part of the forum to post this as it isn't exactly Muse news, yet it is directly related to Muse in a way.

A quick history/background:

I have been a Muse fan since I first saw them in the states on April 2, 2000 with the Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers. They were so fantastic live I had to pick up Showbiz and since then have been a fan. I've seen them 13 times (was supposed to see them twice more on the Muse/My Chemical Romance tour but the dates were cancelled due to food poison).

In 2005 I met the lady who would become my wife. Being in our 20s at the time I was convinced that she was the "one." We used to jokingly discuss the names of our future children around the time of the Black Holes and Revelations Tour. Since about 2006/2007 I suggested if we have a daughter we name her Bellamy (obviously after Matt, but I still think it is a cute girls name!)

Fast forward to last Saturday May 2nd, our daughter Bellamy was born into this world. It was the greatest day of my life and she is perfect. Her first CD is that lullaby version of Muse songs. Over the duration of the weekend we had cause for concern because she was demonstrating low muscle tone (her arms and legs weren't moving).

On Tuesday our world came crashing down when she was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. This means that her arms and legs will never work and that she may eventually exhaust the muscle to swallow and breathe. Many infants will pass away within two years.

As first time parents we are heartbroken. I had heard the term "heartbroken" before, but can't find the words to describe what it feels like. The disorder is caused by recessive genes in both parents so it is the worst luck of our life.

My daughter is beautiful as evidenced by the photo. We, as parents are going to do everything to improve her life expectancy while maintaining the highest quality of life for her.

Here is where I need the global Muse community's help. Please, when you hear a Muse song once a day or see Bellamy's name, please send positive thoughts to a little girl in New Hampshire who is fighting as hard as possible daily for a quality life. Thank you for your time in reading this small request and I apologize for the length of my background. I thought it was necessary to fully understand our story.

Meanwhile, she and I will be anxiously awaiting the release of Drones!

Thank you. - Eddie, Bellamy, and Mom

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.b9d329af8f5be93e07bdaaec9686d7af.jpg

• 1 month later...