pls no collabs. With instrumentalists, maybe, but then that might set higher standards than what Muse alone can produce. Collabs with singers are just cheesy.

Cedric Bixler-Zavala + Matt Bellamy falsettoing at the same time would be wicked. Or one doing a low voice and the other doing falsetto and switching between them. They're my two favorite rock singers

Cedric Bixler-Zavala + Matt Bellamy falsettoing at the same time would be wicked. Or one doing a low voice and the other doing falsetto and switching between them. They're my two favorite rock singers

Eh, perhaps two male singers like these two, but anybody else and it'd just be weird. With a female, really cheesy.

Oh my gosh Cedric's high notes are awful and piercing!

Eh, perhaps two male singers like these two, but anybody else and it'd just be weird. With a female, really cheesy.

Oh my gosh Cedric's high notes are awful and piercing!

Live he's a bit sloppy and wild but in studio it's wonderful. Definitely piercing, wouldn't say awful myself though :LOL: definitely an acquired taste thing like Matt's voice. I actually found myself wildly attracted to Cedric's because I was introduced to Matt's first

And when I say collab in my mind, it might be cool too have them both singing, or taking different turns singing, or muse just simply making the instrumental.

I always thought a female voice in a (well done) muse song would be kick ass.

Live he's a bit sloppy and wild but in studio it's wonderful. Definitely piercing, wouldn't say awful myself though :LOL: definitely an acquired taste thing like Matt's voice. I actually found myself wildly attracted to Cedric's because I was introduced to Matt's first

I'm a bit tipsy right now..but that link you posted was pretty awesome. I'm digging it, definitely gonna have to check out more of the Cedric guy stuff tomorrow :awesome:

That's sooooo sexist. Lolol jk. I'm sure there are some great female singers out there that could mesh well with Matts singing.

Haha yeah just to clarify, I say that because it'd have a duet sort of vibe, which, to me, is hella cheesy. Not the female themselves, of course.

Yeah, fair enough. Apologies for the emotional reaction - it's definitely an acquired taste for his high notes. His low-mid notes are definitely nice though.

I'm a bit tipsy right now..but that link you posted was pretty awesome. I'm digging it, definitely gonna have to check out more of the Cedric guy stuff tomorrow :awesome:

Awesome! Glad you like it. Be warned though, if you start listening to The Mars Volta it may eclipse Drones for you :awesome:

Yeah, fair enough. Apologies for the emotional reaction - it's definitely an acquired taste for his high notes. His low-mid notes are definitely nice though.

No problem haha I definitely think it's way harder to get into Cedric's normal voice singing than Matt's, although I think Matt's wild falsetto is a bit more unsettling to the general public although it's less piercing.

what do you guys wanna see in lp 8? :D

It'll be a telling album in terms of the direction they want to go in. We'll see whether this album is just a one off chance to put out a rock album before they veer off into campy-oblivion, or whether they really want to refine their rock sound and experiment within a stricter boundary. I personally would like to see them experiment more with an album of 6 minute + proggy tracks to see if they have it in them to change up their comfort levels a bit with an interesting sound that has to be consistent over a longer span of time than the typical rock song.

I want to hear more stuff like the reapers outro. But being optimistic, I'm pretty damn okay with what I've heard of Defector! Not sure of the other songs obviously.

EDIT:

The other songs we've NOT heard so far yet.

It'll be a telling album in terms of the direction they want to go in. We'll see whether this album is just a one off chance to put out a rock album before they veer off into campy-oblivion, or whether they really want to refine their rock sound and experiment within a stricter boundary. I personally would like to see them experiment more with an album of 6 minute + proggy tracks to see if they have it in them to change up their comfort levels a bit with an interesting sound that has to be consistent over a longer span of time than the typical rock song.

yep, completely agree with this.

Maybe finally that acoustic album Matt keeps saying he's too scared to try, but wants to.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind a full album based around some of the emotional "poppier" stuff their doing, like Dead Inside, Undisclosed Desires, etc. :phu:

Maybe some pretty piano stuff in there, too.

I personally would like to see them experiment more with an album of 6 minute + proggy tracks to see if they have it in them to change up their comfort levels a bit with an interesting sound that has to be consistent over a longer span of time than the typical rock song.

I love this idea.

Maybe finally that acoustic album Matt keeps saying he's too scared to try, but wants to.

Totally forgot about their acoustic side!

That would be very interesting/awesome. It would be awesome if they were to explore sides of themselves that their uncomfortable with musically as of right now.

AKA Matt playing acoustic guitar, while Dom sings, and Chris drinks. (Too much for Chris) idk what Chris is musically uncomfortable with, he seems like such a down for whatever type guy.

Deeper experimentation with samples and electronics, particularly glitch stuff, infused with some more stripped back, 3-piece rock stuff.

Also, Monty Jam (or sutin like it).

Edited by Jobby

Totally forgot about their acoustic side!

That would be very interesting/awesome. It would be awesome if they were to explore sides of themselves that their uncomfortable with musically as of right now.

AKA Matt playing acoustic guitar, while Dom sings, and Chris drinks. (Too much for Chris) idk what Chris is musically uncomfortable with, he seems like such a down for whatever type guy.

I really, REALLY don't want to hear Dom sing...

Matt said he was uncomfortable with the "honesty" of the acoustic idea, and finds it easier to hide behind some of the more flamboyant stuff, so, I think it could be really interesting.

What IF there will be no LP8? What if this is their last album?

I sadly thought about this. I had a dream of Chris leaving due to family and stuff. Hope not, but I'm sure it won't be their last. 😛 didn't they renew their contract with Warner or something?