It's clearly not great writing, but it's growing on me as a style. Also, going back a few pages, The Globalist sounds more to me like what would happen if Voldemort had thought the prophesy was about Neville.

I'm not convinced it's "bad" writing, and not just the way Matt likes to do it. He seems like a bit of a straightforward guy about these sorts of subjects, and it feels to me like a choice to be on the nose about it. And I really am a sucker for the personal/political dual meaning stuff from the Abso days.

I do feel like the insistence on certain types of structures, like rhyming (or at least partial rhyming) gets in the way more than anything.

Is this a good time to mention I've never actually read Harry Potter? :chuckle:

But the album seems like JFK is the turning point, and based on the decision made either Defector/Revolt/Aftermath happen, or The Globalist/Drones.

My girlfriend is probably more fed up with my rambling on about Muse in general :LOL: I know she definitely wasn't a fan of my bald head for a while either...

My boyfriend doesn't hear about any of this. That's what I have this forum for. :phu:

So Reapers is definitely the best of the first 4 imo but, like we all said, that could easily change with the studio version. What I'm hoping is that there's another song as strong as Reapers AND that The Globalist is awesome. I like all the songs we've heard so far so that'd make a pretty kick ass album.

So Reapers is definitely the best of the first 4 imo but, like we all said, that could easily change with the studio version. What I'm hoping is that there's another song as strong as Reapers AND that The Globalist is awesome. I like all the songs we've heard so far so that'd make a pretty kick ass album.

I'm actually hoping I like the studio Reapers... :erm: Maybe I'm in the best position, because I'm not setting myself up for disappointment with it.

Well we know that The Handler will be awesome, as well as The Globalist, plus there is Defector which sounds promising so it's all set to be a great album!

I'm actually hoping I like the studio Reapers... :erm: Maybe I'm in the best position, because I'm not setting myself up for disappointment with it.

I hadn't really cared about any of the new songs until I found myself humming Reapers after watching the Big Weekend show at the weekend. Really hoping it lives up to its potential now, as I haven't really liked any of the other three. Hope the rest of the album picks up after that anyway.

It's got to the stage now where I'm checking this forum every half hour (when I'm not at work, anyway) hoping to see an explosion of action with the album having leaked.

C'monnn just leak already.

It's got to the stage now where I'm checking this forum every half hour (when I'm not at work, anyway) hoping to see an explosion of action with the album having leaked.

C'monnn just leak already.

I'm wondering if a forum veteran can say whether or not there is an album that hasn't leaked early yet

I hadn't really cared about any of the new songs until I found myself humming Reapers after watching the Big Weekend show at the weekend. Really hoping it lives up to its potential now, as I haven't really liked any of the other three. Hope the rest of the album picks up after that anyway.

I finally saw the Big Weekend Reapers, and it's still just not clicking with me.

Which is fine, because I'm so in love with the other three songs. So, so in love. :love:

I'm still confused with all the hope put on Defector, too. I didn't see anything in the Making Of to get fussed over, and what little we heard sounded... not that exciting...

Also, if there IS a leak, aren't we not allowed to talk about the songs until release or stream anyways...?

I'm quite optimistic about the studio version of Reapers. The only thing I'm afraid of is that robot voice in the Chorus...it sounds good live but who knows how it sounds in the studio Version...I hope its not too much in the foreground if you know what I mean.

it won't be a robot voice, you can hear the chorus in an instagram snippet