Tomorrow's mystery gig announcement is at 8am on Absolute Radio. There's going to be competition to win tickets. The dude on the radio also said it'll possibly be their biggest secret gig announcement yet.

Mumford & Sons did a surprise gig last night in London as far as i know, idk if they'd do another one...

hmm

Tomorrow's mystery gig announcement is at 8am on Absolute Radio. There's going to be a competition to win tickets. The dude on the radio also said it'll possibly be their biggest secret gig announcement yet.

Mumford & Sons did a surprise gig last night in London as far as i know, idk if they'd do another one...

Looks correct http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/mumford--sons-new-album-wilder-mind-tracks-played-at-intimate-london-gig-10097495.html

Tomorrow's mystery gig announcement is at 8am on Absolute Radio. There's going to be a competition to win tickets. The dude on the radio also said it'll possibly be their biggest secret gig announcement yet.

Yeah and they're playing again tonight. So I doubt another announcement for a Mumford & Sons gig would be that big

What is the appeal in small gigs like this?

Only a few people get to listen to the new songs and record it on crappy smartphones to upload it to YouTube?

A lot of the time people aren't even alowed to record. They took people's phones away at the M&S gig. I guess they're good for generating more hype but not giving anything away

I think M&S are talented musicians but very lazy songwriters.

Also in regards to a potential gig I wonder how many new songs they'd play? Maybe like 3 maximum? There's still a long ways to go till the album

Truly wouldn't be surprised if they only played Psycho (that's if this gig thing is true).

Only a few people get to listen to the new songs and record it on crappy smartphones to upload it to YouTube?

It is a chance to see a big band in an intimate setting. These gigs are great and a different experience for fans. I personally think those smaller gigs are way better

Is the mystery gig tomorrow night?

No info about that... but usually these things are pretty short notice, right?

I'm thanking my lucky stars that I happen to have my only day off this week tomorrow, otherwise there's no way I would be able to listen to the announcement at 8am! :LOL:

What is the appeal in posts like this?

I think M&S are talented musicians but very lazy songwriters.

Meh, nothing really suggests that they're talented musicians. Though Sigh No More is an ok album and they were decent when I saw them in a theatre before Babel came out.

Inb4 it's someone like Noel Gallagher

Edit: Just looked it up, he's doing a gig in London tonight so wouldn't surprise me at all

Nah, can't see it being Noelly G. He's not really a 'stadium sized act', plus secret gigs aren't really his thing. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it's him.

Don't be a jerk, I was wondering how the small gig benefits the single release.

It gives the band a chance to try out the new songs live before hitting festivals/proper gigs and it's a rare intimate gig for hardcore fans where new songs are previewed. What's not to like?

I don't really think it's about benefiting the single release, though I suppose the possible buzz created by the fans who attend could help build up online hype for it.

Nah, can't see it being Noelly G. He's not really a 'stadium sized act', plus secret gigs aren't really his thing. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it's him.

Oh, my bad, didn't see that they were described as a stadium sized act!

Could be then...