How Hugh Manson wires Gibson style Killswitch??

jeananto

Hello,

Nobody could find the answer, so somebody knows it now??

It's a mystery....

On this picture we can see it's Gibson button 3 way .

But there is an other.....

0a0a8fa1d318d935692bd713cf5f3.jpg

How can we wire that?? to make KIllswitch like Mattocaster ON/OFF/ON???

Some help?

There isn't a killswitch on the black manson. That's the pick up selector.

haha nice one, epic phail xD

just like that joke that goes like "how do you get that backwards d??? It's called a b...."

Hello,

Nobody could find the answer, so somebody knows it now??

It's a mystery....

On this picture we can see it's Gibson button 3 way .

But there is an other.....

0a0a8fa1d318d935692bd713cf5f3.jpg

How can we wire that?? to make KIllswitch like Mattocaster ON/OFF/ON???

Some help?

Contact Alex Barnett as he knows how to wire it in that way, if you're looking for schematics.

And yeah Phill's right on the Blackie there isn't a killswitch at all.

There isn't a killswitch on the black manson. That's the pick up selector.

i thought that, as they is not enough switches of the sustainer, fuzz factory, wah probe, selector & kill switch, but i have seen an old version of sing for absolution where he does use the kill switch. either that or he has two volume pots with one off for that part

killswitch.jpg

there you go

that might work but it's gotta be wired over the jack socket.

I'll give it a go when i've got the chance to.

only one way to find out.

Edit: might even be not soldering the middle lugs together. I'll try that first then the original way.

that works. iv done it. thats what mansons told me to do. that was the question. i answered it. so there hehe :p

Hooglebug, I don't understand your picture, I want a ON/OFF/ON

thats how a 3-way toggle looks from underneath. wire it like that and it will give you on/off/on

i thought that, as they is not enough switches of the sustainer, fuzz factory, wah probe, selector & kill switch, but i have seen an old version of sing for absolution where he does use the kill switch. either that or he has two volume pots with one off for that part

I've always thought it was a normal toggle switch but I may be wrong too, actually while you're on the subject has anyone actually seen Matt use the FF on the guitar ? One of the few times I know of is this performance where he uses it briefly in the intro of Hysteria...

that might work but it's gotta be wired over the jack socket.

I'll give it a go when i've got the chance to.

only one way to find out.

Edit: might even be not soldering the middle lugs together. I'll try that first then the original way.

If you didn't link the middle two together then how would that work? The principle is that you're shorting hot to ground ;)

@ the OP: wire the switch like that in parallel with the output jack (don't put it in series with anything :))

doesn't he wah probe it on the blackie for sing4 and toggle with the silver?

Thank you very much Hooglebug.

I understand the picture now. You have the normal way: Hot to Jack. And you put a second hot way on killer. And middle position is the only one where earth touch the hot, so that cut.

Thanks

(sorry for mistakes I'm not English...)

I've always thought it was a normal toggle switch but I may be wrong too, actually while you're on the subject has anyone actually seen Matt use the FF on the guitar ? One of the few times I know of is this performance where he uses it briefly in the intro of Hysteria...

i read in an interview that the delorean is satb & Comp, but blackie is gate & vol at the 2 exterior knobs

i'm thinking of doing the same on a new guitar i'm thinking about assembling, it's perfectly feasable to have a gibson pickup selector that is neck/kill/bridge right? i got confused on wiring diagrams i dont understand the gibson pickup like the fender one :(

cool, i thought i was going mad! if the switches are kill switch, pickup selector, 2 of the sustainer, and one each for the fuzz & wah probe, where is the one for the neck leds?

Hmm maybe where the led switch is on your laser replica at the neck pocket at the back of the neck

If you didn't link the middle two together then how would that work? The principle is that you're shorting hot to ground ;)

@ the OP: wire the switch like that in parallel with the output jack (don't put it in series with anything :))

I use many different switches. must of got a bit mixed up.

Archived