Songs Settings

sebastian.reyes93

You're going to struggle to get anything close to Matt's sound using your amp and guitars. Matt's sound mostly comes from the amps he uses and the pickups in his guitars. Have you got any songs you'd like to replicate the tone of in-particular?

You're going to struggle to get anything close to Matt's sound using your amp and guitars. Matt's sound mostly comes from the amps he uses and the pickups in his guitars. Have you got any songs you'd like to replicate the tone of in-particular?

Yeah, i know my guitars and amp are not going to be very helpfull, but still i would like to get the closest sound possible for some of this songs: Showbiz, Plug in Baby, Hysteria, New Born, Supermassive Black Hole, Unnatural Selection, Supremacy, Stockholm Syndrome and In Your World. I know they are a lot but ill be happy if i get the sound for at least a couple of them.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, i know my guitars and amp are not going to be very helpfull, but still i would like to get the closest sound possible for some of this songs: Showbiz, Plug in Baby, Hysteria, New Born, Supermassive Black Hole, Unnatural Selection, Supremacy, Stockholm Syndrome and In Your World. I know they are a lot but ill be happy if i get the sound for at least a couple of them.

I'm no expert on emulating Matt's effects/tones etc. But I do have some knowledge that might help since we both own a Spider IV: Assuming your Spider IV's updated with the Spider Infusion 2.0 firmware, try these settings and mess around with them a bit for a general Musey distortion/fuzzish sound (Hysteria, SS, Supremacy, New Born, parts of Showbiz, US) Insane Red or Green amp, Drive at full, Bass 2/3 o clock, Mid 9 o clock Treble 4/5 o clock. Post amp routed Boost & EQ effect on the first dial, the EQ should be about the same as your amp EQ, though the Mids on this effect seem to sound different to the amp, but only a little. Mid Freq I usually have around 40% for the songs I listed, but again, mess with it. SMBH I use Insane Red amp, with the Drive and Bass at 8 o clock, Mids at 9 o clock, and the Treble at full. Fuzz Pi pre routed, mess around with the settings on this, I usually find it quite hard to get a decent Musey thick fuzz out of my Spider IV (SMBH, PIB, Eternally Missed solo etc) but you shouldn't have that issue since you have a FF. I find I can get a really nice sound for the Showbiz intro out of my Spider: Clean Red amp, drive at 9/10 o clock, Bass, Mids, and Treble at full, touch of reverb (whichever sounds best to you) Boost & EQ, post amp routed, matching your amp's EQ. Phaser set to lowest rate and mixed in at about 35% Analogue Delay 520ms delay time, 12% feedback, post routed, 45% mix. This is just what I use seeing as I don't have any pedals right now, I know you do so these settings may not work, but I thought they may be at least a little helpful for someone with a Spider IV.